MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's be honest, if Tobes was a Blue, he would be revered around these parts.

Regardless, Weits should get a fine, but wouldn't surprise me if he cops a week for having his hand around someone's face.

Now before all the numpties scream Blue murder (no pun intended), ask yourself if the roles were reversed and a Blues player was on the receiving end, what would you expect/want/demand the Collingwood bloke to do?

Toby's whole “if it was me, I‘d be in trouble.” is so self-unaware that it’s actually insane.

For sure, how would Toby Greene eye gouging himself even work?!?!?!

Is this like a sequel to Being John Malkovich?

Last edited:
He looks like Kermit the Frog too.

That smirk on his face really irks me.

Great player though, no doubt, definitely top 5 in the league. Just a shame he has too many unsavoury on field incidents for me to truly appreciate his talents as a footballer.

He did have a pretty rough upbringing though, so i can sort of understand why he often loses his crap on field (having his dad in jail for most of his child and teenage years wouldn't have helped his development into adulthood)
Greene's upbringing is neither an excuse or a reason for his on field approach in my view. He does have a knack for getting in bizarre situations (the kung fu kick, the eye gouging, umpire contact) which give the impression that he doesn't care much for boundaries. And he is a recidivist ... he was suspended for striking Nic Newman with a "tummy tap" in 2021 ... similar to the McGovern incident late in yesterday's game.
Still, one of my favourite non-Carlton players.

Regardless, Weits should get a fine, but wouldn't surprise me if he cops a week for having his hand around someone's face.

Now before all the numpties scream Blue murder (no pun intended), ask yourself if the roles were reversed and a Blues player was on the receiving end, what would you expect/want/demand the Collingwood bloke to do?
In my view it was a stupid act, players/supporters know (or should know) that when you touch another players head or face youre in strife. That fact that there is a final at stake will be of no consequence to them. As you say, if Toby did the same thing, many on here would be calling for him to be suspended.

1693202077595.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player though, no doubt, definitely top 5 in the league. Just a shame he has too many unsavoury on field incidents for me to truly appreciate his talents as a footballer.

He did have a pretty rough upbringing though, so i can sort of understand why he often loses his crap on field (having his dad in jail for most of his child and teenage years wouldn't have helped his development into adulthood)

Why do you bring up this sort of stuff Elmer.

Totally irrelevant to his playing career.

He'd be more like Jordan de goey if he was in a city that gave a shit about AFL. Sydney has too many league messes to clean up to notice Toby's trail of night time antics and destruction. Regularly getting quietly bailed out. Not self aware at all

you genuinely seem to have little idea on what the basic expectations of society are, as far as what you can and can't contribute on a public forum - you just throw any rambling thought bubble out there, see if it has any traction, then submissively offer a cringing apology for offending - you might wanna reflect on that..............

He'd be more like Jordan de goey if he was in a city that gave a s**t about AFL. Sydney has too many league messes to clean up to notice Toby's trail of night time antics and destruction. Regularly getting quietly bailed out. Not self aware at all
True..
But we'd still love him, just like the Pies love DeGoey I reckon.

you genuinely seem to have little idea on what the basic expectations of society are, as far as what you can and can't contribute on a public forum - you just throw any rambling thought bubble out there, see if it has any traction, then submissively offer a cringing apology for offending - you might wanna reflect on that..............
Erm. Slightly OTT?

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back