MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he is cited he should take it to VCAT as he's got away with worse already this season for incidents that have been well publicised. It would be completely reasonable for him to expect that he is acting in accord with the wishes of the AFL and a good snout would make the case that this in fact encouraged him, ipso facto to perform the said action as he felt obliged by the prior nod and wink he'd recieved from the MRO. He would not have done it if he thought that his immunity was only temporary.

I can't help but feel that the constant rewarding of players for being 'held' after getting rid of the ball has further encouraged a situation where players allow themselves to be taken to ground as easily as possible the second they feel contact. FWIW I reckon LDU's concussion was similar early this year. The AFL choose how to interpret calls and often it simply makes injury even more likely.

What did Willie Rioli get whe.he drove LDU into ground in tackle and left him concussed?

Chandler takes vision of Rioli’s tackle into the tribunal, plays it and walks out without saying a word.

Their intentional inconsistency is a sight to behold.
na, they're different. Rioli drops to his knees trying to drag LDU down. Chandler launches himself into the tackle. They are actually very different, if you watch with out prejudice.

But it is getting to the stage where they will have to ban tackling from behind!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

na, they're different. Rioli drops to his knees trying to drag LDU down. Chandler launches himself into the tackle. They are actually very different, if you watch with out prejudice.

But it is getting to the stage where they will have to ban tackling from behind!
It was one action.

Holman KO’d Duncan last year, and received no sanction.

It’s ludicrous.

Josh Kennedy, Swans, has been charged with striking Sam Docherty, Carlton, he can accept a 1-match suspension with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a 1-match sanction as a first offence.

So Jon Ralph is contending that if you carelessly fly through a contest at top speed and throw your boot at the ball while other players have their head over said ball, there can be no reprimand if you kill the player with their head over the ball?

The AFL is a funny organisation...

How many times have our players been knocked out or not protected over the last five years. Lets get a list going. I'll write a big rant about it and stick it on the MB if youse want.

How many times have our players been knocked out or not protected over the last five years. Lets get a list going. I'll write a big rant about it and stick it on the MB if youse want.
Hall and McKay for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back