MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our lawyers must suck man if we couldnt get off that one.

The tribunal said Logue should have gone in lower, did anyone notice the way the ball bounces before it gets to louge?

It looks like it’s going to bounce up waist high then it goes end over end and grubbers on the ground!!!!! That’s why he didn’t go low the ball looked like it was going to bounce up.

How has he not got off this. Did they even mention the bounce of the ball? Watch the reply again and tell me I’m wrong on this.

Not surprised one bit, the AFL is the most corrupt sporting league in the world. We should prepare to be bent over again on our Good Friday with no key defenders. To think how positive and exciting it was to be a North supporter 9 days ago.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our lawyers must suck man if we couldnt get off that one.
Lionel-Hutz-in-The-Simpsons-7.jpg

Not surprised one bit, the AFL is the most corrupt sporting league in the world. We should prepare to be bent over again on our Good Friday with no key defenders. To think how positive and exciting it was to be a North supporter 9 days ago.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app
They like us to just keep our place. As I have always said we have to scrimp and scrap for everything we get. Please can we have a Friday night game. We will get back to you and let you know.

The AFL had a class action filed against it in the Supreme Court a couple of weeks ago on behalf of hundreds of former players. This isn't a rule of the week type of thing, this is something that they need to be seen to be eradicating from the game if for no other reason than to avoid legal action. It's unfortunate that players are going to be suspended for what would be habitual behaviour, but they are just going to have to learn that you simply can't engage an opponent in this way anymore.
Wait till finals and it’ll be a free for all.

The AFL had a class action filed against it in the Supreme Court a couple of weeks ago on behalf of hundreds of former players. This isn't a rule of the week type of thing, this is something that they need to be seen to be eradicating from the game if for no other reason than to avoid legal action. It's unfortunate that players are going to be suspended for what would be habitual behaviour, but they are just going to have to learn that you simply can't engage an opponent in this way anymore.
The thing that annoys me most, I can cop him having a suspension
It’s the fact, give it 5-10 weeks, someone will get off for a very similar incident
They won’t set a precedent with it… it’s the early season punishment

1680606559157.png
That shot does appear to show Griff's elbow making high contact.

I agree with a lot of folks here though, the case made to defend Logue seemed to be focused on the wrong things. I would have thought they'd go in with the line that Day turned in towards Logue at a very late stage and was off balance when the players collided. Day did nothing to protect himself after being the one that contributed most to the clash. Logue conducted himself in pretty much the text-book manner as any well drilled AFL player would be expected to do.

Anyway, it's history now.

Did anybody really think we stood a chance of Logue being exonerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back