MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So by definition they need to asses the action based on the alternative to attack the contest.

It was late it was high and there were plenty of alternatives, he chose to not even attempt to tackle which by their own rules should draw a suspension if you make high contact. The lateness of the action should make it worse than Logue’s but watch the slimy campaigner come up with some rubbish to explain it away.

A supporter base so entitled that not only do they get the rub of the green on umpiring calls in front of goal, they also want suspensions for every free kick that went their way. I can't wait to see the charge they cook up for Sleevo's 9 step run.
We've got 2 or 3 days for media gimps to forensically establish Zurhaar's fend was actually a deliberate 'strike' and get momentum up for a two week ban....meanwhile Harry's forearms will be beatified for rising to the occasion to protect such a valuable Carlton and AFL commodity from the impact of Sheezel's irresponsible positioning and careless ball winning.

So by definition they need to asses the action based on the alternative to attack the contest.

It was late it was high and there were plenty of alternatives, he chose to not even attempt to tackle which by their own rules should draw a suspension if you make high contact. The lateness of the action should make it worse than Logue’s but watch the slimy campaigner come up with some rubbish to explain it away.
Slimey a good description, I liken him to slimey tofu which I am also not fond of. McKays plea , please it’s good to have our type of team doing well . It must be great to be able to use that as a defence. Often works for these type of Clubs.

Is it April fools still who cares why are they even talking about it seriously. Now if the umpire had reacted like this I believe a suspension would be appropriate . But they breed them tough here. The media here are out of control 1680936100099.gif

Last edited:
Tom Lynch just bailed out of a mark and tucked his arm and he concussed Keath. Interesting discussion. Shouldn't be anything but after the Logue decision who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put both elbows up to make deliberate contact to the head, don’t know what Carlton fans are complaining about. Was a dumb and s**t act, any more force and he’s sitting out for over a month.
If a North player was rubbed out for that we'd be burning the place down. There's some ruling about head contact being at least medium impact but .. seriously. I didn't like Log getting a week and his was more forceful than that.

If a North player was rubbed out for that we'd be burning the place down. There's some ruling about head contact being at least medium impact but .. seriously. I didn't like Log getting a week and his was more forceful than that.
I wouldn't be mad at the MRP over it. It was a strike/bump after the contest (as opposed to during the contest with Logue) that floored Sheez. 1 week is fine just for the stupidity of the action.

This is where it’s at now though hey. I don’t think mckay should be rubbed out, same as I didn’t think Logue or acres should have last week. Having said that, I just want to see consistency.

This is where it’s at now though hey. I don’t think mckay should be rubbed out, same as I didn’t think Logue or acres should have last week. Having said that, I just want to see consistency.

Carlton won’t accept it. Nor should they. They’ll appeal and win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back