MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where it’s at now though hey. I don’t think mckay should be rubbed out, same as I didn’t think Logue or acres should have last week. Having said that, I just want to see consistency.
I fully agree. None of them deserve to go for their actions.

If a North player was rubbed out for that we'd be burning the place down. There's some ruling about head contact being at least medium impact but .. seriously. I didn't like Log getting a week and his was more forceful than that.

Logue was definitely a week, so no I wouldn’t be burning the joint down if it was a north player. In this case, you make deliberate head contact you are in trouble. There should be no complaints, get this sh*t out of the game.

Last edited:
If a North player was rubbed out for that we'd be burning the place down. There's some ruling about head contact being at least medium impact but .. seriously. I didn't like Log getting a week and his was more forceful than that.
Logue's incident was a legitimate bump.

This McKay incident is not.

As soon as I saw it I said to dad that's a week. As it should be.

Yes it's soft and Sheezel got straight back up, but high contact, intentional and medium impact = 1 week.

Carlton won’t accept it. Nor should they. They’ll appeal and win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What will they appeal?

Careless - definitely
High contact - definitely
Medium impact - has to be based on current assessment

Logue's appeal was that he wasn't careless because he reached for the ball, so it was a footy act. McKay wasn't going for the ball.

I'm not gonna bother visiting their board cos it's probably a cesspool of justification of shit umpiring and outrage that Harry can't get away with catching someone in the head with an elbow, but if Logue gets a week, so too should McKay. Suffer in your jocks, campaigners

Genuinely surprised they didn't go for low impact and make it a fine.
Graded perfectly for Carlton to challenge and get it downgraded to a fine.

Calling it a strike instead of a bump gives them the wiggle room they need.

The campaigner has set it up perfectly for the challenge and Harry to be cleared to play when it’s downgraded to a fine.

I’m not sure that they will win. I’d argue it’s worse than the Acres hit and they didn’t get him off
Acres was graded as a bump not a strike.

They are pretty much the same action but Christian knows what he’s doing.

Grade it so that Carlton have the wiggle room to get it downgraded.

Makes him look like he’s doing something without really doing anything.

Acres was graded as a bump not a strike.

They are pretty much the same action but Christian knows what he’s doing.

Grade it so that Carlton have the wiggle room to get it downgraded.

Makes him look like he’s doing something without really doing anything.
Oh I missed the strike part. Cheeky campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch in the sights…and this in the same Hun article

View attachment 1653850
It’s just the AFL going into protection mode regarding the law suit into concussion.

If there was no law suit, most of these actions wouldn’t have been spoken about.

I can see the game moving to a point where players have to sign waivers.

It’s unfortunate but it’s a contact sport played at high speed. There needs to be a point where a player is not held accountable if they are in the act of contesting the footy or protecting themselves.

I see it the same as Jy's week off rather than Logue's. There wasn't much impact, but it was a stupid action to the head out of the contest. Would cop a fine previously but it's a new system (like it is every bloody year) and now it's a week. That's just the reality of it. A week is fine, learn from it. I certainly hope Jy does, and I assume Harry won't be doing the same type of action again. Not that I really understood his intent anyway, either tackle, bump, or push properly; leading with a double forearm doesn't seem effective in the lightest.

I see it the same as Jy's week off rather than Logue's. There wasn't much impact, but it was a stupid action to the head out of the contest. Would cop a fine previously but it's a new system (like it is every bloody year) and now it's a week. That's just the reality of it. A week is fine, learn from it. I certainly hope Jy does, and I assume Harry won't be doing the same type of action again. Not that I really understood his intent anyway, either tackle, bump, or push properly; leading with a double forearm doesn't seem effective in the lightest.
That’s the thing, I think the intent was solely to hit him in the head. It was a stupid action. While it might’ve started at the shoulder it was always high and was going to collect his head. I assume it was because Sheezel was starring in the last quarter.

In Jy's case there wasn't much impact, but it was indisputable. In McKay's case there's not much impact either, but it's certainly more than the impact from Jy. McKay should get the week for stupidity anyway.

That’s the thing, I think the intent was solely to hit him in the head. It was a stupid action. While it might’ve started at the shoulder it was always high and was going to collect his head. I assume it was because Sheezel was starring in the last quarter.
That's some interesting logic there. I think he meant to pressure / bump Sheezel, saw he was too late, and put the bumpers out in a clumsy brain fart. Seriously, the suggestion it was sniping, as some have made, is just ludicrous.

I highly doubt McKay had any malice, looks to me like he knew he was going to be late and rather than turn to protect himself and risk getting in more trouble for a bump he put his arms up to just block. Was clearly clumsy and you can see he was disappointed he got him high. No doubt a free kick and borderline 1 week the way they judge these days, he's a bit unlucky like Logue imo.

Last edited:
Nah **** em. We've been screwed over by the MRP for over a decade. Ziebell getting bullshit suspensions for contesting the ball against joseph and the hit on Lyons. Higgins getting sent into next week but it getting ticked off. Logue bump. Plenty more I've blocked out due to PTSD. All while people like Cripps get ticked off and changing the rules for fyfe so they're free to compete for the browlow.

The games changed. It's weak AF now. It's not changing back. So other teams can deal with it too. The "we'd be furious" stuff doesn't fly because we always are and don't get any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back