MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKay says he was chasing and applying defensive pressure, aware Sheezel could "sell candy" and is a crafty kick.

McKay: With my right arm, I'm trying to hit Sheezel's left arm to impact the direction of his kick and to apply pressure to that kick.

McKay: I recall making initial contact with his left shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay: I recall making initial contact with his left shoulder ... my left arm is out of the way, it's more of a balance thing and more of a habit but at no stage makes any contact with Harry.

I honestly wonder if this will work?
We didn’t use it against Day and I didn’t mean the thumbs up but the fact Day got up and played on.
Wouldn't have worked with Logue, it was a high bump so the minimum impact is medium. With a strike the minimum is low (but the guidelines state they will usually be higher if it meets certain criteria like being with elbows/forearms and unexpected, so basically what happened here)

McKay says two minutes after the incident he asked "Mr. Sheezel" if he was all good and Sheezel said "No dramas, I'm fine".

McKay: "I was happy to hear there was no damage done."

The AFL says McKay increases his speed once Sheezel gets the ball.

McKay: Potentially ... I'm well within my right to increase my speed, it's my job to get after him or tackle him or to chase.

McKay says two minutes after the incident he asked "Mr. Sheezel" if he was all good and Sheezel said "No dramas, I'm fine".

McKay: "I was happy to hear there was no damage done."
Also asked him what he had planned for the long weekend. Who gives a sh$t

The AFL says McKay increases his speed once Sheezel gets the ball.

McKay: Potentially ... I'm well within my right to increase my speed, it's my job to get after him or tackle him or to chase.
"Get after him, or tackle him, or to chase"

None of those actions include a high hit harry

AFL: Do you agree as you saw Sheezel disposing of the ball you could've have slowed your momentum?

McKay: No because up until .1 of a second I thought I could still impact that contest.

AFL: Do you agree you could've put your momentum to one side to avoid impact with him? McKay: No, I disagree. Within that .1 of a second to change my whole body shape and move off the line and not make contact with him would be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back