Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know I’m about to get hammered but here goes nothing..
Caro, with her hair tied back the other night, looked very elegant, to the point of being Roo table for us 50 year olds

Thoughts please

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think you got hammered the other night as well.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the feedback re Ms Wilson, both positive and negative.

If only One person, got a giggle out of it, I’ve done my job for the day

Regards,

UR

With that previous statement, you are a brave man, and for that, I salute you
IMG_2970.gif

Good to see some interesting ideas being floated.
But if I'm the AFL, I'm asking how the addition of an 18 year old inside midfielder, even one of Sanders talents, will make North more competitive next year.
And if I'm truthful, I'm not sure what the answer to that is.
Is there footage of him running inside the D50? Tackling with intent? Just generally playing like it's actually flipping important to be competitive? If he ticks any or all of the boxes, we bloody need him and his TAS NGA mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound logic and fair points. Seem your post lines up with most of my theory, then I tend to agree.;)

I know there's no real date/cutoff for the PP application, but things definitely seem to be moving in the background. Ralph's increased mentions of PP in recent weeks certainly speaks to that.

As I said, I think it's a case of either we've been told, or we feel, that we can only get Sanders because of the AFL and certain clubs getting shitty if we go with two top ten draftees as preselection.

It is no surprise to some that Sydney are the ones putting up the biggest stink about us and the PP preselection.
Hilarious that we should GAF what other clubs think.....they could all care less about North

Caro, with her hair tied back the other night, looked very elegant, to the point of being Roo table for us 50 year olds

Thoughts please

Uber Roo: Talk dirty to me.
Caro: In my opinion Kevin Bartlett should have won the 74 Brownlow Medal.
Uber Roo: Keep going.
Caro: It’s my firm belief the Gold Coast package was an offer too good to refuse.
Uber Roo: More.
Caro: My sources indicate that the North Melbourne Football club will relocate to Tasmania.
Uber Roo: I'm so close.
Caro: I believe Alastair Clarkson will coach the Essendon Football Club.
Uber Roo: Oh… oh…

Last edited:
I have a hypothesis on McKercher not being mentioned in the article, besides it possibly being an oversight by the author.

At a guess, I would say that we feel that we can only get one NGA preselection (if we applied via priority pick), or clubs (Sydney) would get ultra shitty that we preselected two top 10 draftees (also we aren't GC). Therefore, we are looking at just Sanders. The fact that we are asking for Sanders as an NGA shows that our priority pick application isn't far off and that we really want preselection (as opposed to picks). If Sanders is cleared for the NGA, then that indicates that our priority pick application has been greenlit and Sanders will be in North colours next year.

Ideally it would be both players, but I get why we would only go for Sanders.

We can always just pick McKercher with pick 2 or McKay compo pick anyway. Why not have both?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thoughts please

Shocked Baby GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back