Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we replaced the recruiting team after the mass exodus last year?

I’m starting to think the recruiting team is so bad that they don’t realise how incompetent they really are?

We’ve got some new staff in there, but many of the key, poor performing old staff (Clayton & Rawlings) are still heavily involved.

Have we replaced the recruiting team after the mass exodus last year?

I’m starting to think the recruiting team is so bad that they don’t realise how incompetent they really are?
Yeah we brought in Will Thursfield

Shiels also likely do some part time work in this space

Real shame that Jed Walter is GC academy. He is the FF that we desperately need with his physicality and ability to crunch packs (as well as kick goals).

Gold Coast are going to end up with 3 top 25 picks from their academy with Walter, Roger and Read.

Souup as well here….

Did either of you watch the 2018 Academy game when they us at the ‘G? There was superstars everywhere in that team. How does this crop match up considering it’s being touted as a “super draft”?

Don’t write him off completely. It’s gonna be hard for GC to get all 3 academy boys in.

For what it’s worth giantroo I enjoy reading your comments. Very knowledgeable 😬
We have a strict no Queenslanders policy after past missteps

But we should be better. That tip rat Brad Scott, whilst engaging in interviews to coach an opposition club, chose that future 2nd and 3rd round picks, that we had to trade, was ample assistance . It’s a mystery.
Now we will get bundled in with Hawks and WC and whatever we get they will get. So will essentially get bugger all.

But we should be better. That tip rat Brad Scott, whilst engaging in interviews to coach an opposition club, chose that future 2nd and 3rd round picks, that we had to trade, was ample assistance . It’s a mystery.
Now we will get bundled in with Hawks and WC and whatever we get they will get. So will essentially get bugger all.
We can rely on this.

“Every year is assessed on its merits,” McLachlan said on Monday.

“We had a year when they got mature-aged players only – I think they picked up (Chris) Burgess, (Josh) Corbett and (Sam) Collins in that draft. And then they were still deemed to be needing more picks and assistance, and they came back and they got an additional pick then.

“If we take that first year of Gold Coast, it’s pretty analogous, which is, ‘they need some help now, this will help them do that’.

“Brad (Scott) and the footy team know what they’re doing, and I reckon it’s a pretty mature response”.

McLachlan was also pressed on why the picks had to be traded.

“Because they need a specific package,” he answered.

“These guys understand their list incredibly well, they understand the needs of North Melbourne, and also the impact on the broader industry.

“The assessment is that they actually will be able to make the list management decisions they need and get the help they need through these future picks that they can trade to get the players they want now and have an immediate impact in 2023 – which I what I think everyone wants. Both North Melbourne supporters and the broader industry”.

We can’t go wrong with Harley Reid or Nick Watson

Ashton Moir and Dan Curtin look good from the interstate players as others to consider early

Curtain is one that definitely interests me particularly if McKay decides to leave.

Moir far less so. He hasn’t set the world on fire this year and looks like a very one dimensional half forward.

Ha it’s cute you think we’re going into tank mode.. with the injuries we’re going to be terrible
I don't care if it's tank, decimation by injury or we are just flat out shit. Gimme Harley and Sheezel as a core to build around for 10-15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if it's tank, decimation by injury or we are just flat out s**t. Gimme Harley and Sheezel as a core to build around for 10-15 years.
Without tanking our next ‘winnable’ game is round 13 GWS, after that the only two that I’m eyeing off is haw and wce in Perth.
Haw and WCE play each other once.
We honestly might struggle to win another game.

Without tanking our next ‘winnable’ game is round 13 GWS after that we play haw and wce in Perth.
Haw and WCE play each other once.
We honestly might struggle to win another game.
You're right we probably don't even need to tank. GWS are way better than us but could play more of their kids against us evening out the contest.
Bit odd we get to play Hawthorn and WCE twice, those games will be interesting.

You're right we probably don't even need to tank. GWS are way better than us but could play more of their kids against us evening out the contest.
Bit odd we get to play Hawthorn and WCE twice, those games will be interesting.
Round 18 against the hawks is going to be hilarious, if the hawks are tanking it’s going to be obvious as hell.

If these 3 games will determine who wins the Harley Reid cup...

Round 10: Hawthorn vs West Coast, UTAS Stadium

Round 18: North Melbourne vs Hawthorn, Marvel Stadium

Round 20: West Coast vs North Melbourne, Optus Stadium

Then which team should we be supporting this weekend at UTAS?
Supporting hawks

Eagles might trade down to get Curtin if they end up with 1

I reckon Hawthorn. West Coast surely should snag another game with their home field advantage.

Cut these 3 team from the competition for the rest of the year. We can play a h&a round robin tournament and determine draft order.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Cut these 3 team from the competition for the rest of the year. We can play a h&a round robin tournament and determine draft order.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
It’s funny how the afl tries to fudge it a little bit by playing us vs those two twice and them only playing once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back