Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Galaxy brain shit

I reckon the play for #12 is part of a wider play for #8 to grab a sliding Curtin

NM trade #17 & #18 to SYD for #12

#1 Reid WCE
#2 Walter GCS
#3 McKercher NM
#4 Duursma NM
#5 Watson HAW
#6 Sanders WBD
#7 Read GCS
#8 Leake MELB
#9 Caddy GWS

NM trade #12 (now #14) & #15 (now #17) to Geelong for #8 (now #10)

#10 Curtin NM

Take Moir at #57 or whatever it comes into.

#3 McKercher
#4 Duursma
#10 Curtin
#57 Moir

:drunk:

and he's inaccurate in front of goals.

Any team that drafts Curtin and plays him in a role where he's ever 'in front of goals' is doing it wrong.

It's concrete evidence we haven't broken the bad news to him.

People keep asking me if i'll melt when we don't draft Curtin or Watson. So let me ask you... will you melt on draft night if his name is called at 2 or 3?

Galaxy brain s**t

I reckon the play for #12 is part of a wider play for #8 to grab a sliding Curtin

NM trade #17 & #18 to SYD for #12

#1 Reid WCE
#2 Walter GCS
#3 McKercher NM
#4 Duursma NM
#5 Watson HAW
#6 Sanders WBD
#7 Read GCS
#8 Leake MELB
#9 Caddy GCS

NM trade #12 (now #14) & #15 (now #17) to Geelong for #8 (now #10)

#10 Curtin NM

Take Moir at #57 or whatever it comes into.

#3 McKercher
#4 Duursma
#10 Curtin
#57 Moir

:drunk:

Or, for some real galaxy brain, just try to trade those three first rounders for Geelongs pick.

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Any team that drafts Curtin and plays him in a role where he's ever 'in front of goals' is doing it wrong.

People keep asking me if i'll melt when we don't draft Curtin or Watson. So let me ask you... will you melt on draft night if his name is called at 2 or 3?
Nup, we got the top of R1 right last year.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Man it's definitely not easy deciding between Kerch/Duurs/Curtin/Watson/Sanders in particular. They all have serious talent.

I disagree strongly with people acting like McKercher/Duursma are a class above Curtin/Watson/Sanders, and that it would therefore be a 'reach' to draft any of them ahead at 2/3.

No, because I like Curtin but I'll be melting at Alastair Clarkson for texting me the wrong info.

Or, for some real galaxy brain, just try to trade those three first rounders for Geelongs pick.

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Maybe too many draft picks vs list spots for Geelong if they get three picks in? I don't know man, I'm trying to be creative and you're harshing my buzz.

Maybe too many draft picks vs list spots for Geelong if they get three picks in? I don't know man, I'm trying to be creative and you're harshing my buzz.

Withdrawn.

Didn't get a single like when I posted this a month ago but now the Swans have said we're keen on their pick 12. I'm not saying I'm Nostradamus but I did predict this and I also want Watto (not really).
You wouldn't want to be, seeing as he is still banned...:laughv1::laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Sheehan's top 40 prospects in the 2023 AFL Draft

Doesn't have Will Dawson, Zane Zolentensky, Logan Morris, Nathan Philactides, Jack Callinan, Luke Lloyd inside his 40.

Some notable 'player comparisons' in Sheehan's list;

• Dan Curtin - Steven May
  • Lance Collard - Charlie Cameron
  • Zane Duursma - Isaac Heeney
  • James Leake - Callum Mills
  • Colby McKercher - Zac Merrett
  • Connor O'Sullivan - Sam Taylor
  • Harley Reid - Dustin Martin
  • Ryley Sanders - Andrew Brayshaw
  • Nick Watson - Shai Bolton
  • Darcy Wilson - Sam Walsh

To be honest, picks 17 and 18 for 12 is a terrible deal (assuming that’s what it is and no other picks are involved). Would be interesting to know who we would be targeting to make it worthwhile

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This definitely matters and I am 1000% taking it seriously.

With today's release of the AFL fixtures for 2024, AFL Draft prospect and all around champion human Dan Curtin has 'liked' North Melbourne's instagram post with our fixture;

368053074_698639319033828_5342318092192077363_n.jpg

However, the same cannot be said for Hawthorn, whose fixture post was not liked by Curtin;

370090924_335805695765652_1222160389700338483_n.jpg

Nor the Melbourne Demons, who similarly were not blessed with the Curtin 'like';

368506637_883837006473252_6745052790257272051_n.jpg

West Coast have not posted their fixture on their instagram page yet because they have probably the crappest social/digital media team in the entire AFL.

Folks, this is concrete evidence we are getting Dan Curtin. It's a done deal.
How could you not like our announcement video, though?

Not that it changes much but after bids it will likely be 22 and 23 for 15.

I don’t get why some people bother working that out? It’s still the same in terms of live picks. Those academy picks were never in the open market 🤷🏻‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back