Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I believe Footy Rhino, I find it extraordinary that 2 hours before the Draft we are still deliberating over Duursma or Curtin.
Yeah it was a silly post. We're locked in for colby and duursma.

I can understand why he's confused tho, it's bc we've recently been chatting with Curtin. As have many other clubs.

But that's bc everyone has finally realised that Curtin is going to slide and the GWS pick is gettable.

Not sure I believe Footy Rhino, I find it extraordinary that 2 hours before the Draft we are still deliberating over Duursma or Curtin.
Totally agree, what's more likely, we are undecided on the order of our draft board an hour before the draft, or for some reason we have not decided to leak our intentions to the Perth c7 reporter!?

We know what we are doing, Perth journo doesn't know what we are doing, sounds much better for his ego to describe us as "still undecided"

If the trade down with Melbourne is accurate, I reckon the draft goes;

1. Reid - WCE
2. McKercher - NM
3. Duursma - MELBOURNE*
4. Walter - GCS (Bid match)
5. Watson - Hawthorn
6. Sanders - WBC
7. Curtin - NM*

It’s not that bad.

6 could be Curtin, Watson, Sanders etc. Pick will still be a very good player and then we get another stab at 11 or could use 11 and one of the later picks to get back earlier in the order.
It would leave us with six first rounders. Just incredible.

i would do the trade with dees

and then i would go 15,17 and 18 for 8 and 25

end up with 2,6,8, 11 and 25
I don't hate it. But only if the club has truly changed it's mind from Duursma to Curtin - then may as well pick him up at 6 instead of 3.

I don't think the risk is that high plus there is a lot of upside.

I don't hate it. But only if the club has truly changed it's mind from Duursma to Curtin - then may as well pick him up at 6 instead of 3.

I don't think the risk is that high plus there is a lot of upside.

Every chance Hawthorn swoops on Curtin at pick 4 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its Time Film GIF

Pre-waffle has begun on AFL.com.au

Great vision and insight...even thought these blokes looks like the oldest recruiting team in the AFL:

Bring on the trades…..can’t wait….new guys soon to be a part of our club…..the months of drama and speculation all comes to an end…..strapping in for an interesting evening…..ps every time l see this guy l can’t but not think what the heck is TAO doing there…..grab a drink and let’s see what Brady does….cheers everyone

So you end up with Watson, Duursma or Sanders

If Melbourne are trading up for 3, it's for Duursma. So take him off the board.

I don't think Watson gets past the Bulldogs either.

So at that point you're trading up for Sanders?

I think I'm talking myself out of trading down. If we like Curtin, just take him at 3.

If Melbourne are trading up for 3, it's for Duursma. So take him off the board.

I don't think Watson gets past the Bulldogs either.

So at that point you're trading up for Sanders?

I think I'm talking myself out of trading down. If we like Curtin, just take him at 3.
Trading down is my least preferred option, no doubt about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back