Game Day 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

We were battling the crowd..the hopeless umpires who were influenced a lot by the feral mob of Magpie army..the AFL who wanted their biggest club in the Grand Final and the unfair 6 day turnaround….and despite all of this we came within ONE lousy point of our second Grand Final

Commiserations Giants fans. Your boys put up a hell of a fight against a much tougher opponent than last week. This brand of Giants footy is going to be exciting to watch over the next few years.

Honestly, anyone blaming the umpires for that is just setting up a persecution complex. They let everything go both ways, didn't pull out stupid trivial stuff one way, and there was a low count. We ****ed up, but we also did an absolutely amazing job to be there and be in it to the very end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted for the Giants, threw everything at it. Great season though, Kingsley has been a revelation.

Honestly, anyone blaming the umpires for that is just setting up a persecution complex. They let everything go both ways, didn't pull out stupid trivial stuff one way, and there was a low count. We ****ed up, but we also did an absolutely amazing job to be there and be in it to the very end.
The back of Toby's head might disagree.
But I get what you are saying.

Brown was shocking in front of goal. Bedford with an easy miss. Keefe missing the handball to TFG. Tom Green out on the full instead of passing to an open team mate. Umpires had poor calls both ways, but that one was lost on our own boots.

Proud of the effort and the season nevertheless.

What a ride.
Felt we were unlucky.
The miss right on half time as we screamed into the 50 didn't handball or hit a man and didn't even score a behind is the difference.
Toby getting marked on the line and not spoiled through or hoping through would have been enough
So many little things could have changed it.

Great season.

The back of Toby's head might disagree.
But I get what you are saying.
They never pay it because he lowers the knees and the shoulder. It's a known thing by now. Ginnivan cops the same.

The legging one is the one that most annoys me because that was really clear. Everything else was about what they usually do and don't pay - absolutely illegal, but they'd rather just pretend it doesn't happen. And it goes both ways.

A win for Collingwood is a defeat for common sense and good taste. But I think I speak for most Swans supporters in saying I'm so proud of you guys, the team and it's supporters. You're making Sydney into an AFL town. Tonight hurts but he proud of your year. Looking forward to the next local derby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back