Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
Serious question, how many Brisbane Players would die for the cause?

14 Carlton: Acres, Docherty, Cottrel, Weitering, Pittonet, Owies, Fogarty, Curnow, Hewett, Kennedy, Walsh, Hollands, Cripps, Martin
Saad, Newman, Cerra, Cincotta wouldn’t?

Not sure where you are going with this?

Port Adelaide make any team look good.
Sydney and Melbourne make any team earn their stripes. Brisbane are over-hyped

It's going to be a real test for the "easy" versus "tough" route.

They've played 1 game in 28 days and Port have fallen away considerably in the second half of the year.

We've played 2 tough contested games that have gone to the wire. We lost 2 players from the first game (1 suspended) but we get them back, so we seem to have come through unscathed apart from Doc's shoulder.

Physically they would be feeling a bit better. We should be more mentally tuned for what's coming. I'm hoping they do a Richmond from 2018 (when they were probably at their best). Pies jumped them 10 goals to 2 despite Richmond having the easier run in, with the week off after a comfortable win in the first week.

BOM table I saw had 17.4 - if I was wrong than I apologize - it’s still taxing at 20
Small ground, ballistic, high scoring opposition who are bloody good, not sure why your so opposed to the idea extra run would be helpful
Because you just need to say that you want Dow in the team, why and who you think that he should replace.

Instead you try and white ant Hewett and then make up incorrect weather stats to try and make your argument.

Hi blues fans

i posted this no main board but interested in your thoughts - i am getting crickets over there so either this is too dull for comment, or collingwood supporters getting in fights is more fun?!

One mainly for blues fans but anyone who reckons they are right across it really

how many 'non-runners' do you think are in the blues side? By that i mean tall players who are not going to be able to give a lot of outside run. I say this because you could debate whether Lester is a key position player but he plays like one and doesn't give heaps of run so he is a non-runner in my book. McGovern gives the blues decent rebound with intercepting but would not call him a a runner.

Lions: Daniher, Hipwood, McInerney, Payne (or replacement), Andrews, Lester. Total of 6

Blues: TDK, Pittonet, Mckay, Curnow, Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp, McGovern. Total of 8

The last 3 i would be interested in what blues fans think in terms of how much run they give?

Obviously it's all a balance, and if Payne doesn't play we are a genuine chance to be stretched in our backline. And if we lose Oscar we are in a world of hurt. But on the fiipside could the blues be a bit short on run?

I
Because you just need to say that you want Dow in the team, why and who you think that he should replace.

Instead you try and white ant Hewett and then make up incorrect weather stats to try and make your argument.
I’ll send u the table to show u where I got the number from.
It’s warmer up here- that’s not a new fact.
Yes I want Dow in, want Ollie in to.
I want to go back to an attacking game style, what’s wrong with that?

Hi blues fans

i posted this no main board but interested in your thoughts - i am getting crickets over there so either this is too dull for comment, or collingwood supporters getting in fights is more fun?!

One mainly for blues fans but anyone who reckons they are right across it really

how many 'non-runners' do you think are in the blues side? By that i mean tall players who are not going to be able to give a lot of outside run. I say this because you could debate whether Lester is a key position player but he plays like one and doesn't give heaps of run so he is a non-runner in my book. McGovern gives the blues decent rebound with intercepting but would not call him a a runner.

Lions: Daniher, Hipwood, McInerney, Payne (or replacement), Andrews, Lester. Total of 6

Blues: TDK, Pittonet, Mckay, Curnow, Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp, McGovern. Total of 8

The last 3 i would be interested in what blues fans think in terms of how much run they give?

Obviously it's all a balance, and if Payne doesn't play we are a genuine chance to be stretched in our backline. And if we lose Oscar we are in a world of hurt. But on the fiipside could the blues be a bit short on run?
Selling TDK, Harry, Curnow short here.

Harry and Curnow both fast enough and aerobically fit run up and down the ground all game. TDK is a ruck so runs and does it well...... we've seen enough sample size but did you see him gazelle his way through on Friday to kick that final i50 that sealed the game.

Of your list.. Pitto is the non "runner", old fashioned Justin Madden bash ruckman.. the others not already mentioned are more than capable. With McGov and Marchbank a little more cautious with themselves at full pace due to their injury history.

Hi blues fans

Curnow is a runner and kemp averages about 15-16 km a game. So he is too.

Hi blues fans

Andrews leads them for distance pretty much most games, you’ve made assumptions based on position not the data.
Premise is interesting, now match it to the correct data

I

I’ll send u the table to show u where I got the number from.
It’s warmer up here- that’s not a new fact.
Yes I want Dow in, want Ollie in to.
I want to go back to an attacking game style, what’s wrong with that?
Nothing at all. Just say that. That's all. A night game in Brisbane in September on a 23 degree day is a walk in the park.

I don't know the answer. My gut feel is we need some more run. Boyd would be awesome from defence. Do we send Docherty back and play Hollands on a wing?
Do we play One Ruck to have an extra runner?
Voss is reluctant to make changes and with two that will happen automatically I can't see any more happening. Trust those who have got us this far

Positive is we have options. Now up to execution
Tend to agree, feel we are a runner short, particularly playing in Brisbane’s heat.

I quite like the idea of bringing fisher in, and using him as the playmaker. Which leaves Saad to play a more defensive role on Cameron.

But like you, I trust the those that have got us here.

Also, excuse my ignorance, and perhaps I haven’t been around here for long enough, but where did you go? And why did you need to have permission to come back here?

Sorry, don’t feel like you have to answer if you don’t want to. It’s just a bit mysterious is all.

Anyway, welcome back, from wherever you went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and all the other fools that were slagging us off. I can admit when I'm wrong.
We did suffer for a while though, but it is what it is

Kudos to you :thumbsu:

and also for appreciating the possibility that the coaches are an order of magnitude 'smarter' than the combined intelligence on here - whatever that may be - if for no other reason than they are with the players day in and day out and see things we never get to see and value things we may never even consider.

Curnow is a runner and kemp averages about 15-16 km a game. So he is too.
Interesting. Do you happen to know Marchbanks? I watched him fairly closely and while he didn't get alot of possessions he kept leading and providing an option all night.

Hi blues fans

Now Chris Fagan, dont you have a whole support team to figure this out for you?

Not sure why you would jump on a Carlton forum to ask this question.

But anyway, to answer your question we have no runners. Effectively a team full of Greg Williamses so you can rest all your runners in preparation for the GF. Also a good opportunity for you to blood a few players who have never played a game of football, let alone in a final. Maybe about 8 to 10 of them.

Harry is quicker than Kennedy

Martin as quick and more dangerous than Cuners

Hollands in line for the sub

While weather conditions could be a factor, a slight increase wouldn't play a part in selection, nor should it

But, if it's warmer, guys lacking a tank or 2way running become a greater liability

I doubt Voss changes his mantra based on the weather, nor should he IMHO

Hi blues fans

Curnow is one of the best endurance runners at the club, so take him off the list of non-runners.

The Lions fans I know have pretty much already moved their thoughts on to the grand final.
I remember a mob during one prelim who had a bunch leave after a very dominant 3rd quarter and first goal of the final with a lead of 17 points in order to begin the queue up for GF tickets... their team ended up losing by a point.

* and no they didn't leave early either because they forgot to vote in the state election that day.

Watched the round 8 game highlights.

Hope the key backs learn not to stand in front or push up the ground too often this time. The amount of easy 'out the back' goals the Brisbane smalls scored was embarrassing. I fear that might happen again.

We were terrible they night…was there, sitting behind our development coaches power and Ebert…Big Durds as well

Our skill execution was woeful that night…think that was almost the peak of us second guessing ourselves and our method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nothing at all. Just say that. That's all. A night game in Brisbane in September on a 23 degree day is a walk in the park.
It was one warm night, if u can’t grasp the concept that’s it will be warmer up here than it’s been in Melbourne during the vast majority of the season - I can’t help you.

The intensity of finals is higher, work rate is increased which is even more difficult in warmer conditions - especially when the opposition is acclimated to those conditions.

As u fatigue - fine motor skills decrease ie more errors occur.
Aerobic beasts (which we have) are less effected by that, they also require less rotations (which helps the other team members).

The side we are playing against are the highest scoring team in the league - they run hard all game & have shown they can score quickly.

& let’s also not forget u were the one claiming Hewett was tagging Oliver & that was the reason his number were down, which was stretch at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back