Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you elaborate please? because the way i saw it. thats his new normal..
2021 1671445019809.png 1671444743297.png 2022 forget he even went around ; awful coach, no clear role, like many in the team, his grand-mother died, he had an interrupted pre-season...yada, yada.
You can see the trajectory the year before; In my team for sure.

with no on field success in the last 30 years you can see why theyre all so heavily invested in fantasy footy
With math like that you may need to find a new game to play. We've had 2 premierships in the last 30 years. Same as Sydney.

If Cunners can replicate 2019-21 and play until the byes then he will have made some cash and served his purpose. Anything close to a hunjy average and he could potentially be a FWD keeper.
and this is the reason why he keeps falling back into my team..

but ffs 400k isnt exactly cheap or a bargain. if he was 50k cheaper i dont think it would be much of a discussion. seems to be more of a mental battle with the cunners pick.

good thing is if it doesnt work out. wont take much to trade him to anyone you need.

2021View attachment 1575728 View attachment 1575727 2022 forget he even went around ; awful coach, no clear role, like many in the team, his grand-mother died, he had an interrupted pre-season...yada, yada.
The internal bleeding he got against WC in round two last year derailed his season. 2 months out with pretty much no training. I reckon he's a lock.

I'm glad you went with 30. Last 30 years Sydney has 2 also. Actually Sydney has 2 since 1933.

Wasn't that the year Gould was first drafted???

2021View attachment 1575728 View attachment 1575727 2022 forget he even went around ; awful coach, no clear role, like many in the team, his grand-mother died, he had an interrupted pre-season...yada, yada.
for 300k its hard to go wrong.. its just 100k more gets you cunners who is a proven 500k+ premo.

I'm glad you went with 30. Last 30 years Sydney has 2 also. Actually Sydney has 2 since 1933.
i know.. im sorry it was a poor joke towards north supporters. youll have your time again soon.

old man always reminds me about '96. plus im not one to talk. the only grand finals ive been to is 2006, 2014, 2016 and 2022..

So ....If I read your post correctly, and read between the lines .....you're suggesting upgrading from Cunnington to Whitfield for $48K ?

OR ....would you upgrade Cunnington to Cameron ? .....Cameron though still only ave 84 over last season, which isn't good enough
wayno. are you waiting for someone to help you justify picking whitfield?? because im all about that sort of moral support!

v1.1.16

Screenshot_20221219_213843_Chrome.jpg

The internal bleeding he got against WC in round two last year derailed his season. 2 months out with pretty much no training. I reckon he's a lock.
Interesting. Why so certain he's a lock?

On first blush, he's probably my 2nd least certain choice out of the 7 NM players I listed in that squad.

1. Phillips
2. LDU
3. Cunners
4. Sheezel
5. Comben
6. TT
7. Goater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a time when I chose 8 Blues players after weā€™d had a particularly terrible season (weā€™ve had plenty of those in the last two decades) the year before based on the fact that I thought they were underpricedā€¦

Didnā€™t end well.
So it's due then.

Interesting. Why a lock?

I think he's probably my 3rd least certain choice out of the 7 NM players I listed.

Ldu is the only premo I will take from north.
Comben and Phillips I will take because they have good js. Tarryn was due last year to break out after that massive end to 2021. I started him at 450k last year. At 290k this year he is totally a lock. 95-100 average at a guess. Even more if he ends up taking kickouts like is rumoured.
Sheezel is like any 200k rookie he needs to play well preseason to be a decent pick.

Comben and Phillips I will take because they have good js. Tarryn was due last year to break out after that massive end to 2021. I started him at 450k last year. At 290k this year he is totally a lock. 95-100 average at a guess. Even more if he ends up taking kickouts like is rumoured.
If he takes kickouts, its a game changer.

But at this stage he has no set role, he's been spending most of training doing laps to rebuild baseline fitness, sure he's looking lean as hell, but he doesn't appear to have the muscle to play at the coalface for any extended periods.

Sure the ceiling is massive but at this stage I reckon there's maybe an 80% chance he becomes an indisputable gun under Clarko, and if he does, that massive leap forward could be 2023 or 2024.

If he takes kickouts, its a game changer.

But at this stage he has no set role, he's been spending most of training doing laps to rebuild baseline fitness, sure he's looking lean as hell, but he doesn't appear to have the muscle to play at the coalface for any extended periods.

Sure the ceiling is massive but at this stage I reckon there's maybe an 80% chance he becomes an indisputable gun under Clarko, and if he does, that massive leap forward could be 2023 or 2024.
Nah it will be this year I reckon. Mid forward kick a few goals etc. That finish to 2021 is to good to pass up at 290k. 90 average is a forward keeper and will get him over 500k. Easy money.

Sheezel is like any 200k rookie he needs to play well preseason to be a decent pick.
comben šŸ”’
phillips šŸ”’
tt šŸ”’

Keanu Reeves Thank You GIF by NETFLIX

Interesting. Why so certain he's a lock?

On first blush, he's probably my 2nd least certain choice out of the 7 NM players I listed in that squad.

1. Phillips
2. LDU
3. Cunners
4. Sheezel
5. Comben
6. TT
7. Goater
TT a certainty to play and will improve like he's had a jigger up his khyber working with Clarko - 295K, could easily reach 500+. He'll score plenty and be an easy leap to a premium, if he in fact doesn't get there himself.

Phillips absolute lock, ditto Comben; both will have great JS and cashcow potential.

Cunners; 416K, coming off an awful illness and minutes will be managed for the early part of the season, or longer. He won't be in the final top 2K teams and he won't be in the top 10 forwards.
The list ahead of him is already brimming b4 the first DPP mods. drop into the frame.

Sheezel/Goater are both very expensive risks to take; I want my rookies to be elite, or cheap or with at least decent JS to see out their earning potential.

LDU is the conundrum for me. I can see him reaching elite scoring status sooner rather than later. He is one on my not-in-the-team but easily could be list.

TT a certainty to play and will improve like he's had a jigger up his khyber working with Clarko - 295K, could easily reach 500+. He'll score plenty and be an easy leap to a premium, if he in fact doesn't get there himself.

Phillips absolute lock, ditto Comben; both will have great JS and cashcow potential.

Cunners; 416K, coming off an awful illness and minutes will be managed for the early part of the season, or longer. He won't be in the final top 2K teams and he won't be in the top 10 forwards.
The list ahead of him is already brimming b4 the first DPP mods. drop into the frame.

Sheezel/Goater are both very expensive risks to take; I want my rookies to be elite, or cheap or with at least decent JS to see out their earning potential.

LDU is the conundrum for me. I can see him reaching elite scoring status sooner rather than later. He is one on my not-in-the-team but easily could be list.
Idk about comben being a fast earner. He has great Js because he and Larkey are the only kpfs on the list. He has been in the first teams in the short practice matches at training. He has been closer to goal and Larkey further out. My main concern with him is we are still shit and kpf may not be a high scoring position. He's a lock for the bench just on js but I would expect a slow burn.
Also he may possibly be made of glass. 14 games the last 3 years at any level.

Last edited:
Nah it will be this year I reckon. Mid forward kick a few goals etc. That finish to 2021 is to good to pass up at 290k. 90 average is a forward keeper and will get him over 500k. Easy money.
Okay but you're taking him over Cunners?? Last I heard you couldn't wait for everyone to join you on the Gilded Cunners Path to SC Glory!

I reckon the case for TT is about as convincing as Sheezel, who's priced at only 200k so less of a risk (after having the second highest season average SC ranking in the whole NAB league including that one game where he scored 237).

Okay but you're taking him over Cunners?? Last I heard you couldn't wait for everyone to join you on the Gilded Cunners Path to SC Glory!

I reckon the case for TT is about as convincing as Sheezel, who's priced at only 200k so less of a risk (after having the second highest season average SC ranking in the whole NAB league including that one game where he scored 237).
I was all over cunners at 300k. Not so much at 400k. He pretty much has to be a premo at that price and he may not be back to his best. Too risky. As a side note. SC must not think testicle cancer is an injury. They did the same thing to doch. I call bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back