Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just awful.

The confidence level is completely subterranean.

The commentators called the last quarter 'tense' and an 'arm wrestle'. I called it simply a crap game of football.

Sydney were bad, but we were dreadful.

It's impossible to understand how some highly skilled players have lost their ability to simply hit a target.

I don't know the answers, but they're not simple, and the losing is becoming a habit.

I’m really glad Luke was happy to come out and back everyone at the club, it’s really working wonders.

This is the worst season I’ve had as a 31 year old. We’ve had statistically worse years but for where this team should be, I’ve never been as disappointed or frustrated as what I am now.

Thanks everyone.

I meant what I said during the game. This isn't our year but Kbelieve we're not that far off of it. I do believe next year will be our year.

Get some good assistant coaches into the club, fix the mentality of the playing group and you will see a massive turnaround.
If we ever capitalise on our forward play that would go some way to giving us a winning edge.

But I need to have a think now. Our season is over. That was a massive kick in the teeth and the guts.

Surely the “Doc is a midfielder” experiment is over. They had him play midfield/fwd for the first half of the game while a genuine midfielder/fwd in Kennedy was playing CHB and contributing nothing.

Sorry, but since Doc was moved to the midfield mid last year, we’ve won what, 6/7 games? This isn’t a slight on Doc but he should be playing down back and mids like Kennedy should be in the guts.

Edit: not for a second do I think Doc playing mid is the sole reason why we lost tonight or why we’ve been bad for the last 12 months, but it’s a symptom of the same disease

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is we were never going to win a premiership with this list. So we might as well finish down the ladder this year. We need to trade hard and have another go next year or the year after. We need to take a leaf out of Collingwoods book, and trade some big names to get draft picks and move salary cap into another club. Harry Mckay seems obvious to me. He has one very big attribute, but then a whole lot of deficiencies. We're better off getting a solid all rounder (like a Mihocek) and move salary cap out.

Some positives about the game.

I thought Kemp looked good and provides a lot more drive with his kicking than Young.
Boyd, plenty to work with there.

I think this year has to now shift into a development year with certain positions and players.
We need to work on our midfielders becoming more dangerous around goals and help the forwards on the scoreboard.
Harry can spend this year working on a strategy for kicking goals that he can use for the next 5+ years.

Surely the “Doc is a midfielder” experiment is over. They had him play midfield/fwd for the first half of the game while a genuine midfielder/fwd in Kennedy was playing CHB.

Sorry, but since Doc was moved to the midfield mid last year, we’ve won what, 6/7 games? This isn’t a slight on Doc but he should be playing down back and mids like Kennedy should be in the guts.
That he’s considered a mid is embarrassing.

59 i50s for 6 goals. 8 players with no tackles at HT. Weitering, Walsh, Cotters and Gov to an extent our best. Real lack of effort through our pressure, so evident. We are a mess right now. The enjoyment has gone. The confidence has gone. Players have lost their personality in their game. It’s ****ed.

Try Binns, try Dow, try them. What is there to lose. This sucks

I'm not Allan Jeans or anything, but **** me...the amount of obvious things not working in our favour...how does it keep happening?

The high blind hacks forward, the stodgy, one paced midfield, the overly compact stoppage set ups, the failure to lock down obvious opposition weapons (Daicos, Blakey) the weekly exasperation at selection, the lack of mid game reaction. Not to even mention the simplest team things we never do.

It's statistically hard to get it this wrong this often.

Hate to say it but I called this in the preview thread saying that this game was starting to feel like the time during COVID where we played an injury ravaged Eagles but still got torched. That loss led to the review that ultimately sacked Teague.

The team at the moment stands for nothing. No character, no heart, no joy etc.

We are years away 😢😢😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Back