Game Day 2023 Round 13 Sydney v St Kilda Thursday 8 June 7:10pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it were up to this board we'd have about 20 different guys rotating inside mid.

I concur with others that Sheldrick needs to show something, though it doesn't need to be awe-inspiring. I looked back at what our current mids got in their first games with substantial midfield minutes, and they're all in the same ballpark:

Rowbottom, Round 15, 2019 - 21 disposals
Mills, Round 4, 2020 - 18 disposals
Warner, Round 1, 2021 - 18 disposals
Gulden, Round 1, 2023 - 24 disposals

None dominant but all involved enough to show their merit going forward. That's all Sheldrick's gotta be if he's given midfield time.

I still think Buddy is going to have a big game (as far as his current level allows.) Tipping 3 goals for the champion, including the matchwinner.

If it were up to this board we'd have about 20 different guys rotating inside mid.

I concur with others that Sheldrick needs to show something, though it doesn't need to be awe-inspiring. I looked back at what our current mids got in their first games with substantial midfield minutes, and they're all in the same ballpark:

Rowbottom, Round 15, 2019 - 21 disposals
Mills, Round 4, 2020 - 18 disposals
Warner, Round 1, 2021 - 18 disposals
Gulden, Round 1, 2023 - 24 disposals

None dominant but all involved enough to show their merit going forward. That's all Sheldrick's gotta be if he's given midfield time.

I still think Buddy is going to have a big game (as far as his current level allows.) Tipping 3 goals for the champion, including the matchwinner.
I'm anticipating Gus will follow the Parker trajectory - which was an average 11 disposals in year 1, 16 in year 2 & then into the 20's after that.

What I'm looking forward to seeing tonight is a bloke who goes in hard & plays like a young Luke Parker*.

*edit: and before the board starts with the "hope he doesn't hack-kick like Parker" diatribe .... Parker is a 3 time Skilton Medallist & has, on multiple occasions, been voted (by his peers) as the bravest player in the AFL. He's a champion of the club - if a 19 year old Gus can show Parker-like traits, we should be all very pleased.

Last edited:
I'm anticipating Gus will follow the Parker trajectory - which was an average 11 disposals in year 1, 16 in year 2 & then into the 20's after that.

What I'm looking forward to seeing tonight is a bloke who goes in hard & plays like a young Luke Parker*.

*edit: and before the board starts with the "hope he doesn't hack-kick like Parker" diatribe .... Parker is a 3 time Skilton Medallist & has, on multiple occasions, been voted (by his peers) as the bravest player in the AFL. He's a champion of the club - if a 19 year old Gus can show Parker-like traits, we should be all very pleased.
I certainly hope he shows Parker's tenacity

Hopefully Jack Steele and Seb Ross stay cooked for another game although Steele usually racks them up against us so I'd send Heeney to him just in case. He can't chase same as Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we smash it out of the blocks. Need to batter them early and destroy any confidence they have.

Also I freaken hate Thursday Night games. They are an absolute joke

Go away please
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back