Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions 4th Bloods 13th

Team Changes:

Lions
In:
Darcy Fort Jaspa Fletcher, Kai Lohmann, Ryan Leste
Out: Daniel Rich (Managed), Darcy Gardiner (Injured), Hugh McCluggage (Injured), Jack Gunston (Managed), Jaxon Prior (Omitted)
Sub: Callum Ah Chee, Jarryd Lyons, James Tunstill, Darragh Joyce

Bloods
In:
Jack Buller (happy debut), Luke Parker
Out: Isaac Heeney (Injured),Lance Franklin (Injured),Ryan Clarke (Omitted)
Sub: Harrison Arnold, Corey Warner, Lachlan McAndrew, Dylan Stephens

Thanks Dubai Quacker for
bulla party.jpg

Umpires:
Chris Donlon (1), Robert O'Gorman (10), Andrew Stephens (12), Andre Gianfagna (27) :(

Match Centre:

AFL - News, Fixtures, Scores & Results - AFL.com.au

Team Stats:
footywire

2023 round 14 team stats.jpg

Compare the Pair:
Bloods v Lions

Recent Matches:
Won our last two out of three games at the Gabba​
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 7, 1 May 2022SCGSydney defeated by Brisbane89-113L. Neale 37L. Franklin 6
Round 1, 20 Mar 2021GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney94-125C. Mills 29-
Round 17, 13 Sep 2020Cazaly's StadiumSydney defeated by Brisbane41-73L. Parker 33-
Round 7, 4 May 2019GabbaBrisbane defeats Sydney103-81G. Hewett 34T. Papley 4
Round 10, 26 May 2018GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney49-67D. Beams 38I. Heeney 2
W. Hayward 2

If many of you did not understand Grand Uncle Horace reference to "wireless" with the clash of tonight's game with the Ashes:
I will have the footy on TV, no sound.​
The cricket on the wireless..​
then you may not have heard of the 1986 film "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
FerrBuellerDaysOff_caleb.jpg

ScreenRant explains the exact message that Ferris was trying to send to Cameron: be confident and unafraid, and everything will work out

Let's join The King! and tip a Bloods upset
I guarantee Sydney win, if we don't ill card myself for 2 weeks​
Yeah!!! Mods get two weeks off ;)
Bloods by 13 points
#AFLLionsSwans #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Last edited:
Lions 4th Bloods 13th

Team Changes:

Lions
In:
Darcy Fort Jaspa Fletcher, Kai Lohmann, Ryan Leste
Out: Daniel Rich (Managed), Darcy Gardiner (Injured), Hugh McCluggage (Injured), Jack Gunston (Managed), Jaxon Prior (Omitted)
Sub: Callum Ah Chee, Jarryd Lyons, James Tunstill, Darragh Joyce

Bloods
In:
Jack Buller (happy debut), Luke Parker
Out: Isaac Heeney (Injured),Lance Franklin (Injured),Ryan Clarke (Omitted)
Sub: Harrison Arnold, Corey Warner, Lachlan McAndrew, Dylan Stephens

Thanks Dubai Quacker for

Umpires:
Chris Donlon (1), Robert O'Gorman (10), Andrew Stephens (12), Andre Gianfagna (27) :(

Match Centre:

AFL - News, Fixtures, Scores & Results - AFL.com.au

Team Stats:
footywire

View attachment 1713481

Compare the Pair:
Bloods v Lions

Recent Matches:
Won our last two out of three games at the Gabba​
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 7, 1 May 2022SCGSydney defeated by Brisbane89-113L. Neale 37L. Franklin 6
Round 1, 20 Mar 2021GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney94-125C. Mills 29-
Round 17, 13 Sep 2020Cazaly's StadiumSydney defeated by Brisbane41-73L. Parker 33-
Round 7, 4 May 2019GabbaBrisbane defeats Sydney103-81G. Hewett 34T. Papley 4
Round 10, 26 May 2018GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney49-67D. Beams 38I. Heeney 2
W. Hayward 2

If many of you did not understand Grand Uncle Horace reference to "wireless" with the clash of tonight's game with the Ashes:

then you may not have heard of the 1986 film "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
FerrBuellerDaysOff_caleb.jpg

ScreenRant explains the exact message that Ferris was trying to send to Cameron: be confident and unafraid, and everything will work out

Let's join The King! and tip a Bloods upset

Yeah!!! Mods get two weeks off ;)
Bloods by 13 points
#AFLLionsSwans #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods
Magnifique!

Brisbane play an uncomplicated style of play, win the ball at clearances and kick it long.

They are clearly the best clearance team in the comp, leading the pack both in centre bounce and stoppage clearances. However they are only middling in overall contested possession and rank second last for uncontested possession.

Brisbane is 2nd last for tackles. Although their I50 pressure is quite good, ranking 6th overall for tackles I50.
Their aim is to get the ball inside 50 as quick as possible (2nd for marks I50 and 3rd for overall I50s) and either mark it or lock it in.
They are bottom of the table for bounces, by some margin and 2nd last for handballs.

Having a spare back could be advantageous and run, rebound and spread is essential. However if we do have a spare back they are likely to also hold an extra in their defence, rather than evening up numbers forward.
They do have some quick players, but overall their team isn't particularly fast and can be caught on the break/outside. Unfortunately, probably their two slowest in Gunston & Rich are out.

Brisbane have won all 5 of their games at the Gabba this year and obviously enjoy their home comforts.

However I do think Brisbane is a conditional team in terms of effort and work rate.
When things work for the Lions they look terrific, when it doesn't there can be a distinct lack of defensive run and cover.

Get the game on our terms with regard to style of play and I give us a decent chance.
Remind us of Round 1 2021 please Swannies.

And of course we will be helped by...... Buller's 'Fourteen! Fourteeeeeen!'

Parker is actually a huge in this week, he will be fresh and raring to go.

We missed his physicality last week and he hit his best form in the two wins prior.

Really keen to watch the midfield battle and I reckon Parker will help turn the ship our way!

Think it will be close, Lions much better at home than away but Swans also much better away from home this season!

Swans by a Ryan O’Keefe and reckon Buller will look like he belongs at the level. All the best young fella!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those games where we might pull a rabbit out of the hat and end up winning.

Few Brisbane players that havent put their hands up for crap form are still cooked and they really arent a monster top 4 side imo.

Neale has dropped off - barely gets 30 disposals any more and even low 20s when you put attention into him.

Lions dont have small defenders so if we can get ball to ground, hopefully paps or wicksy can go to town.

Shades of 2021 and swans by 16 to keep our season alive.

One of those games where we might pull a rabbit out of the hat and end up winning.

Few Brisbane players that havent put their hands up for crap form are still cooked and they really arent a monster top 4 side imo.

Neale has dropped off - barely gets 30 disposals any more and even low 20s when you put attention into him.

Lions dont have small defenders so if we can get ball to ground, hopefully paps or wicksy can go to town.

Shades of 2021 and swans by 16 to keep our season alive.
So you think a Swans side without:

Tom McCartin
Paddy McCartin
Sam Reid
Isaac Heeney
Callum Mills
Lance Franklin
Logan McDonald

are going to beat a top 4 contender, at their home?

Did you see the Swans skills on display vs St Kilda last week?

Tom McCartin
Paddy McCartin
Sam Reid
Isaac Heeney
Callum Mills
Lance Franklin
Logan McDonald

yeah, but one thing you can bet on this season is that the swans' form of one week is no guide to the swans' form of the next week

Tom McCartin
Paddy McCartin
Sam Reid
Isaac Heeney
Callum Mills
Lance Franklin
Logan McDonald

Sam Reid is the difference 🤣

Tom McCartin
Paddy McCartin
Sam Reid
Isaac Heeney
Callum Mills
Lance Franklin
Logan McDonald

We had some pretty woeful games last year. If you looked at the GC, Blues, Dogs, Bombers games, the first 3Q against the Hawks, you'd have laughed if someone said that playing group was going to make the grand final.

We know we have plenty of capable players still.

It's entirely possible that we win. I'd tip the Lions though.

This team have given me no reason to believe they won't serve up dysfunctional sloppy, half-arsed efforts tonight.

And yet I just have this weird feeling we'll win this one.
I have the same calm confident feeling that I had before the Tigers, North and Blues games.

However, I also had it last week.

This week it might be the realisation that we're probably done for the year.

I have the same calm confident feeling that I had before the Tigers, North and Blues games.

However, I also had it last week.

This week it might be the realisation that we're probably done for the year.
For me it's an effort thing. We just don't try hard enough at all. Makes it easy to believe that simply turning up with the right intensity alone can make us much better than what we have been.

When and where the arrival of that intensity will come, I don't know. But I know it will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back