Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 14 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you'd think Dow will keep Hewett in the 2s. We look so much better with more diversity in our midfield mix.
A bit of pace and zip in the middle. Hewett and Kennedy are the same sort of players. Good readers of the ball and the way the play is setting up and get to the right places at the right time. Dow getting the ball out of congestion with a burst of pace or quick hands is what we really need in the centre. If he gets a full game and really turns it on, I reckon he keeps Hewett out of the side until Kennedy needs a rest.

Walsh had twice as many score involvements as he's had the last month (I think). He's back

So too is Weiters who has real chemistry with McGovern and Kemp.

God damn special to hear this song today.
Goes to show, if you play your best runner from the midfield to receive hands from our clearance players whilst running towards the forward 50 what a difference it makes.
Rather than running at the midfield from the forward line, back to goal.

Loved the changes. Loved the result. Loved the game.

It was actually a fun game

We had it in the bag after midway if 2nd qtr - so no stress by the fan nor players.

Rinse & repeat thanks :D

I said we'd win in the preview thread.

People laughed at me.

Now who's laughing!

Was a damn nice day in the sun for footy too.
.I tipped them but saw clear areas we had advantage..

Did not anticipate us winning the ruck battle today. Thought that's where the difference would be theirway

Happy with the rest of my preview despite being 13 goals off :drunk::$

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win, but let's not get carried away.GC were horrible today. They didn't really turn up. Still happy, we won though.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
They definitely turned up but we stunned them in the second. They took the foot off and when you’re 1% off any team can make you pay. We did that today and never relented. Every time they’d kick a goal or two in a row we applied pressure rather than trying to just become bees to a honey pot. I liked the 1st quarter and second half more than anything. We we’re adjusting to the situation with a lot of composure and freedom. Still think we’re a long way off from the 8 though. Even so, it was a great day to be blue bagger!

Also great to have Nic Newman back. He really steadies our defence.

Jack Martin with one of the great 8 touch 0 goal games. Had his fingerprints all over that first half

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Back