Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep hearing how they increased the intensity of training this preseason. From coaches including Voss and players including Harry, SOS and Williams. The session where Zac did his knee was mentioned by Jack as the toughest session he's ever had.

No surprise half the team are already carrying injuries.

We'll be lucky to field a team of fit players by mid-season.

Absolute fricking brain dead madness.

Keep hearing how they increased the intensity of training this preseason. From coaches including Voss and players including Harry, SOS and Williams. The session where Zac did his knee was mentioned by Jack as the toughest session he's ever had.

If we want to win our 17th premiership we have to get harder no matter what the cost is, I'm all for it.

Absolute fricking brain dead madnes
If we want to win our 17th premiership we have to get harder no matter what the cost is, I'm all for it.
I agree. The proof will be in the pudding

Personally think that they should turn up to the first game without training, shake hands and introduce themselves to any new players. Clear it makes sense in terms of injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha you’ve lost it

Haha you’ve lost it

True. Can't argue with that.

Got to round 1 last year with 6-7 on the injury list. 12 by mid season. By round 23 there were only 4 players in reserve. Even durable players like Kennedy and Hewett had succumbed.

Geelong took a cautious approach to preseason and lost a couple of games early but carefully managed their list (resting regulars frequently) knowing its a long season.

By the GF they had 2 injuries total.

Our geniuses looked at that and thought - you know what our problem is? We need a more intense preseason with more players flogged to death by round 1.

Now we are 2 weeks from round 1 with what - 14 unable to play? I haven't even counted. It's probably more.

Madness.

Got to round 1 last year with 6-7 on the injury list. 12 by mid season. By round 23 there were only 4 players in reserve. Even durable players like Kennedy and Hewett had succumbed.

Geelong took a cautious approach to preseason and lost a couple of games early but carefully managed their list (resting regulars frequently) knowing its a long season.

Our geniuses looked at that and thought - you know what our problem is? We need a more intense preseason with more players flogged to death by round 1.

Now we are 2 weeks from round 1 with what - 14 unable to play? I haven't even counted. It's probably more.

Madness.
You know why Geelong could do that?
Because they were a mature team who were fit enough.
We were an immature team who weren't up to fitness standards. We needed to catch up.

You know why Geelong could do that?
Because they were a mature team who were fit enough.
We were an immature team who weren't up to fitness standards. We needed to catch up.

We went 8-2 to start the year. Once injuries hit we started losing regularly. Keep our players on the park and we're a lock for finals.

Cripple half the team and we'll miss again.

Madness.

Kennedy & Hewett have sustained a number of injuries throughout their respective careers, I'd hardly hold them up as amongst the durable footballers.

Geelong are a battle hardened side, they have the miles in their legs, the size and intensity down pat: apples to oranges.

You're taking an emotive position around something that you cbf even quantifying,

Madness indeed.

Plenty of blokes completed the full pre season last year and made it through the full season fine too. Perhaps its just injury prone players who have been injury prone for half a decade at the root of the problem? End of season we need to ship some of them out or delist them. Can't afford to have 10 guys who can barely get through half a season each year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back