Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving Honey a couple of months playing on-ball in the ressies could do wonders for him.

With Cunners' latest setback, perhaps Honey is one that we look to develop as a high impact mid/fwd. Start him forward, give him the odd spell on-ball for a point of difference. Fast-track him there by giving him as much mid time as possible to build confidence and experience.
How is Honey’s pace?

Midfield rotation would be a good idea if Honey has some pace

Only had 4 cricket posters on my bedroom wall as a kid amongst the walls of surfing posters. Dean Jones, Mervyn Hughes, David Boon and David Gower. Sublime technique.
gower's swivel pull shot..........oh my..............

I must be one of the very few that just doesn’t see it with this guy. I just don’t know what to think.:'(
He hasnt been able to stay on the park and get a consistent run since debuting alongside Durdin in the last few games a couple of years ago. I have been following his 'progress' watching VFL on the occasions he has played - I think he is just getting back into a proper levelof fitnes and has had a bit of an arrested development to date.

My key points are: leg speed/acceleration/closing speed/tackling/aggression/ long kick ability for goal - all going well he is a HFF/mid rotation type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there weren't 14 unavailable for the preseason game against Sydney?

You can check this if you like:

At least 9 unavailable for round 1. That's a well managed preseason in your mind. Second worst in the comp.

Geelong have 3 and half their team is over 30. We get them round 2.

I'm just comparing strategies. I know where I'd rather be. Your opinion is different- and you are entitled to it.
A quick look at the Geelong injury thread indicates that they have the following injuries who are struggling to come up for Round 1;

Jack Henry - Foot (probably round 8 - 10)
Menegola - Knee - Long Term
Duncan - In S.A. doing rehab (round 2 or 3)
Hawkins - Foot (He thinks that he'll play round 1 club more conservative)
Conway - Foot - (Long Term)
Neale - (Don't know him but apparently mid term)
Kolodjashnij - Concussion protocol. They will probably be conservative as he's had a lot.
Holmes - Unconfirmed but an insider on their board claims that he has a low grade hamstring..

You can check this if you like.

Round 2 might not be a bad time to get the Cats and their 3 injuries.

They do have multiple years of finals and a premiership up their sleeve.

Not sure its comparable. We dont have credits like that in the bank.

Comment on r2. Yes, we should be in it up to our eyeballs. Big chance to roll them. Think collingwood will do it r1

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

They do have multiple years of finals and a premiership up their sleeve.

Not sure its comparable. We dont have credits like that in the bank.

Comment on r2. Yes, we should be in it up to our eyeballs. Big chance to roll them. Think collingwood will do it r1

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
The post was in reference to quoted poster (throwing the toys out of the cot) stating that Geelong had only 3 injuries, not a comparison between our histories.

Josh Honey has some really valuable attributes, speed and skill and long range goal kicking ability. If he could put these to good use in an AFL game consistently then he would always be in the side.

My observation is that he doesn't get the ball much and doesn't appear absolutely intent on getting the ball in hand when it's in the forward line. He seems to lack the desperation to affect tackles and pressure the opposition to turn the ball over. Given his body size, I'm left a bit disappointed by how I see him playing.

Needs to really lift in this area if he's going to make it.

Our whole group of forwards need to lift in this area and make the opposition uncomfortable bringing the ball out of D50. Gotta be their mission to assist our somewhat one paced midfield to turn the ball over and get the ball going forward again. Team defence will stymie the likes of Collingwood and Richmond who like to score from turnover.

Our smalls getting consistently better at being front and square would help as well.

If mots has a calf the sweet addition of honey may be just what is needed
be so so nice to see one of these fringies really grab their op and hammer the door shut behind them - what we've been hoping for paddy dow for 4 years........

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back