Preview 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez a lot of Swans fans are arrogant.
Not all of us I promise!!

…but yeah, admittedly quite a lot.

Good luck next Saturday folks. Hope it’s a great game. Mrs Zevon is a Giants member so I’ve got a bet each way in this one. I’m still hopeful that we square off in the grand final to be honest. Would be huge for footy in Sydney.

Goulden has torn us up in the past

I think we need to send Bedford to him and run a hard tag. Warner is still a threat but we can’t tag them all
The one who's done us the most damage in the past - at least up until this season - is Parker. I'd be more than surprised if he's not selected.

Good luck next Saturday folks. Hope it’s a great game. Mrs Zevon is a Giants member so I’ve got a bet each way in this one. I’m still hopeful that we square off in the grand final to be honest. Would be huge for footy in Sydney.
We're unveiling our secret weapon on Saturday.

We're going to run out wearing Port Adelaide guernseys.

:grinv1:

The one who's done us the most damage in the past - at least up until this season - is Parker. I'd be more than surprised if he's not selected.
Last two Brett Kirk medals were given to goulden weren’t they?

They have a midfield that bats deep so whoever we tag there will be another to step up. If our team pressure isn’t there we will get steamrolled

Grounds for divorce there unfortunately

From her of course 😜

Last two Brett Kirk medals were given to goulden weren’t they?

They have a midfield that bats deep so whoever we tag there will be another to step up. If our team pressure isn’t there we will get steamrolled
Parker was injured for both games though

Grounds for divorce there unfortunately

From her of course 😜
Yes I’m just waiting until the day she notices. Have had a good run so far

Yes I’m just waiting until the day she notices. Have had a good run so far
We could always use more good people Zevon.
One Of Us GIF

If only for the sake of your marriage.

We could always use more good people Zevon.
One Of Us GIF

If only for the sake of your marriage.
Don’t tempt me, I think I’ve posted on this board before that I tend to get out to more Giants games than Swans games these days thanks to Mrs Z. She’s doing her best to get me to defect.

I’m officially a Giants supporter in the AFLW so I’m halfway there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t tempt me, I think I’ve posted on this board before that I tend to get out to more Giants games than Swans games these days thanks to Mrs Z. She’s doing her best to get me to defect.

I’m officially a Giants supporter in the AFLW so I’m halfway there.
Hmm...we might have uncovered a potential double-agent on Big Footy.

So tell us, Agent Zevon, how we can beat your "other" team this Saturday...

Hmm...we might have uncovered a potential double-agent on Big Footy.

So tell us, Agent Zevon, how we can beat your "other" team this Saturday...
Well you didn’t hear it from me, but Gulden-Warner-Heeney-Papley-Hayward-Blakey are all fairly good at football. Stop them and we you should win the game. Fairly straightforward 🤫

Well you didn’t hear it from me, but Gulden-Warner-Heeney-Papley-Hayward-Blakey are all fairly good at football. Stop them and we you should win the game. Fairly straightforward 🤫
I'm ironing those Port Adelaide guernseys as we speak.

Totally agree.

I've met a fair few Swans supporters out in public or on a train/tram on the way to a game and they're just footy loving folk that i'd happily go to a game with and know I'd have a good time with.

Thankfully, most of my interactions have been pretty good so far so I'm cognisant not to generalise and stereotype. :)

Match up wise we probably have:
Pez on papley
Idun on Hayward
Slammer on amarty/Mcdonald?
Bucks on the other
HH on McLean

I think I have the smaller match ups right but not really sure on the talls

Match up wise we probably have:
Pez on papley
Idun on Hayward
Slammer on amarty/Mcdonald?
Bucks on the other
HH on McLean

I think I have the smaller match ups right but not really sure on the talls

McLean is the one that worries me with those matchups and hopefully we don’t just sit and forget.

McLean has done a number on us previously cause he got the right matchup due to his size.

As much as I love our ins...is it going to be a lot of change straight up?
Ash is fine coz he wasn't injured....I suspect Daniels too.

Snooze might not get up....but will be coming off a calf.
Cumming off a while out.

Riccardi is the main ??? But I'm certainly backing him instead of Keefe.

Match up wise I'd trust Himmelberg on Amarty.

Big job for Tom Green to impose himself on the midfield battle this week. He’s had some great quarters and halves in recent weeks but probably hasn’t had a dominant four quarter performance. Needs to go full beast mode.

As much as I love our ins...is it going to be a lot of change straight up?
Ash is fine coz he wasn't injured....I suspect Daniels too.

Snooze might not get up....but will be coming off a calf.
Cumming off a while out.

Riccardi is the main ??? But I'm certainly backing him instead of Keefe.

Match up wise I'd trust Himmelberg on Amarty.
The only 2 off a long break are cumming and Riccardi the others have only missed a week and have pretty much played full seasons.

Ricca’s goal kicking is edge of your seat stuff at the best of times so we won’t know if the break has affected him.

I’m comfortable with them all coming in as it’s only a couple of long breaks and cumming is 50/50 to be sub anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back