Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can say with complete certainty that the umpiring department will never, ever allow us to win a flag.

I hope VFL HQ is truly happy with themselves.

It’s a franchise destroying result.

My family will not renew our memberships for 2025.

We have a great team, coach, club and stadium.

However, we will never be allowed to win.

It’s that tragic, and that simple.

My best of future wishes to my fellow Giants Board posters.

It’s been a pleasure, but this is where I leave you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All year Adam Kingsley has had the “we’re waiting for finals” message. Hard to believe you can be up by 5 goals in a QF and 7 goals in a SF and be out in straight sets.

I’m gutted and just can’t even process anything.

This is going to take a long, long time to recover from. This off-season the boys were pumped knowing how close they were. Now what? Mental demons will be there now. A loss like this can really impact the psyche of a club.

Gee what a disappointment. It became mental when they got 40 points up I think 'what if we lost it from here'. It was a good call by Darcy, the scars of last week were obvious.

Some players saved the side a million times, some others were nervous, fumbly, made extremely poor decisions in both finals. Here are the names that I think were good and names that performances fell off a cliff under the heat.

Good finals series:
Taylor, Buckley, Idun, T.Green, Hogan, Callaghan

Terrible finals series from some good players:
Himmelberg, Ash, Whitfield (ok with the ball, but weak in the contest), Daniels, Coniglio (I know he got injured, but looked really poor again early).

Overall a waste of a year as they finally got motoring the past two weeks, just so many poor performers in critical moments that let the other guys down.

Oh and the umpiring was disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back