2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

“Ben Ainsworth is keen to stay at Gold Coast after being well paid across his career as a top 10 draft pick and his management has not sought out rival interest, which has to be a good sign for him staying despite Essendon’s interest.”

I can’t read this. But it states they haven’t “sought” interest.
I’m guessing it didn’t say multiple teams aren't fielding offers to them though.?

Will Graham has inked an extension
672cb3137af6ebd442927acff9d6b5e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really positive article on Lombard, who they have going at 9 at the draft
In my opinion this article overstates his likely draft position and quite deliberately leaves out his stats from his last game in an effort to build a case against our Academy.

In my opinion this article overstates his likely draft position and quite deliberately leaves out his stats from his last game in an effort to build a case against our Academy.
It's a nonsense article. Whether or not the academy rules change has little to do with Leo Lombard.

I absolutely forgot that both were rookies.

love it.
The old rookie list will get a massive upheaval this season as we might lose the extra rookies too.

Current Rookies

Uwland - 3rd Year, will be promoted to main list
Faulkhead - 3rd Year, delist
Brock, 3rd Year, delist
Tsitas, 3rd Year, delist. Would love for him to be picked up as VFL only player
Clohesy - 1st Year, should be promoted to main list
Rowlands - 1st Year, retain
Mahoney - 1st Year, retain or will be a victim of list spots and delisted
Johnson - 1st Year, CAT B retain.

If our rookie list is back in line with other items we would be looking at 38 main list, 4 CAT A and 2 CAT B rookies.

So all things equal we should have 2 CAT A and 1 CAT B rookie opening at draft night

Starting to sound like stengle is gettable. Would be a very good player but sounds like the $$$ will be high. If we had the space it could be worth a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If dusty wants to come we gotta pay him
Tonight’s crowd v hawks would of been 30 k at best without Dusty’s 300
He’s drawn 92K
ask the afl to give him ambassador money and he will put bums on seats

He’s drawn 92K
Tigs are letting him down

He’s drawn 92K

Having been a GC tragic going way back in both codes, actually 4 codes if you include Basketball and Soccer, I firmly believe that marquee signings does not put bums on seats on the GC.

GC people will get behind winning teams with pure ticker and predominantly want them to be driven by local juniors.

The team is cooked this year

Still should have put on a better performance but just too many injuries and no continuity in the team due to that
Great turn out by the army though, numbers we can only dream of

Watching the north game, I would definitely look at bailey scott to replace fiorini on the wing.

Reporters are saying some clubs are seething when it comes to father son/academy point matching rule changes, i assume that will be us as every Victorian, SA and WA clubs have complained about the northern academys

Reporters are saying some clubs are seething when it comes to father son/academy point matching rule changes, i assume that will be us as every Victorian, SA and WA clubs have complained about the northern academys
According to Morris Carlton, Tigers, Suns, Lions, Swans if changes are implemented this year.

Morris also claims that Ainsworth is 50:50.

Last edited:
According to Morris Carlton, Tigers, Suns, Lions, Swans if changes are implemented this year.

Morris also claims that Ainsworth is 50:50.
Brisbane & Crows would also i would imagine

Just ridiculous teams trade in/out picks with 1 eye on the following year
Cant just change things with no notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back