2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

with our vanilla squad he will be on the straight and narrow in no time…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I saw Collo Witter and Dave doing their Tally Creek swim at 8 degrees the other day.Of course it feels like they're in a heated pool in those conditions, but a few months of that and playing Uncle Clarry to Powelly's rugrats he'll be a Stepford Wife before he knows it

On Mid Week tackle, Jon Ralph said the suns would offer richmond 2x 1st round picks for Rioli.

I simply don’t care about 1st round picks anymore. Let’s just finally get some known entities into this club. Don’t care about being a laughing stock or any backlash it causes either .

I simply don’t care about 1st round picks anymore. Let’s just finally get some known entities into this club. Don’t care about being a laughing stock or any backlash it causes either .

I think you're past needing 1st round picks for kids, especially given the academy -- the focus should be quality trades or/and FA that will help the side be better now.
And Rioli is exactly what you need.

The Rioli deal​

Gold Coast is prepared to give up two first-round selections for Richmond’s Daniel Rioli.

The problem is that one of them is an end-of-first-round selection that might drift into the mid-20s. The Suns have their own first-rounder, the Western Bulldogs’ first-rounder and the Kangaroos’ end-of-first-rounder (from the club’s AFL assistance package). So, the Tigers might be able to add two early picks to a draft hand that is currently 2, 22 and 34. But while Richmond would ask for the best of the Dogs’ or Suns’ draft picks, last year the Roos’ end-of-first-rounder fell as far as pick 29.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I both love and hate that we are able to call a pick that will most likely end up around #24 a 1st round draft pick.

#10~ish and #24 (once bids are made) for Rioli who is exactly what we need + we can still be creative and accrue points with our own 1st while still bringing in a top 5 talent in Lombard isn’t the worst business we have ever done. We will still get ridiculed by the “2x1sts for a half-back mouth breathers tho”.

I both love and hate that we are able to call a pick that will most likely end up around #24 a 1st round draft pick.

#10~ish and #24 (once bids are made) for Rioli who is exactly what we need + we can still be creative and accrue points with our own 1st while still bringing in a top 5 talent in Lombard isn’t the worst business we have ever done. We will still get ridiculed by the “2x1sts for a half-back mouth breathers tho”.
Could possibly get some junk picks to use for Lombard in the deal too. Then shift the other 1st to next year so we can get Zeke when the rules change.

Could possibly get some junk picks to use for Lombard in the deal too. Then shift the other 1st to next year so we can get Zeke when the rules change.
Would mean we’ve essentially given up our 2023 and 2024 firsts + those other picks last year for Walter, Read, Graham, Rogers, Lombard, Rioli and Z.Uwland and still potentially have our 2025 1st.

lol

Would mean we’ve essentially given up our 2023 and 2024 firsts + those other picks last year for Walter, Read, Graham, Rogers, Lombard, Rioli and Z.Uwland and still potentially have our 2025 1st.

lol
1000010225.gif
Me to the thought of this playing out

The Rioli deal​

Gold Coast is prepared to give up two first-round selections for Richmond’s Daniel Rioli.

The problem is that one of them is an end-of-first-round selection that might drift into the mid-20s. The Suns have their own first-rounder, the Western Bulldogs’ first-rounder and the Kangaroos’ end-of-first-rounder (from the club’s AFL assistance package). So, the Tigers might be able to add two early picks to a draft hand that is currently 2, 22 and 34. But while Richmond would ask for the best of the Dogs’ or Suns’ draft picks, last year the Roos’ end-of-first-rounder fell as far as pick 29.

I’m happy to move out our remaining top 10 pick to the bulldogs for weightman or similar.

There’s talk of Charlie Cameron being available isn’t there?

We need a known quantity goal sneak
Unlike Berry and Holman who lucky get get a goal every second game.
Rosas has shown talent… but isn’t consistent

Happy to send all 3 firsts out if we get enough 2nds to match Lombard.

Then next year first to go to Uwland

I hate it when people are like “but it will be a pick in the 20s after all the bids!”

So…

The player a club wants, unless it is an academy or father-son, is still available at that pick. It just means you get them at Pick 22 instead of Pick 18 after all the bids come in. But it’s the same player!

Pick number only matters for media hype and draft point calculations.

Just get it done, walks into our best 22, frees up Flanders to play forward, Weller, Rioli and Powell moving the ball out of our back half is better than anything we have ever had.

It’s exactly the stage we are at. Just need to get those 2-3 best 22 players into our club anyway possible. Mature into a permanent top 8 club, and everything becomes easier.

At the end of the day first round picks aren’t a sure thing:

• Scrimshaw
  • Hollands
  • Brodie
  • Bowes
  • Ah Chee
  • Wright
  • McLennan

At least we know what we are getting in Rioli. Pull the trigger.
To be fair Scrimshaw, Hollands, Bowes, Ah Chee and Wright are playing regularly is teams as good or better than ours ( if you believe the ladder)

It’s a massive indictment on our clubs inability to get the best out of top end talent or salvage a reasonable price when moving them on, in fact we were pantsed in all of these deals

To be fair Scrimshaw, Hollands, Bowes, Ah Chee and Wright are playing regularly is teams as good or better than ours ( if you believe the ladder)

It’s a massive indictment on our clubs inability to get the best out of top end talent or salvage a reasonable price when moving them on, in fact we were pantsed in all of these deals
Wright a best and fairest winner… What’s Sam Day ever done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back