2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Arguably the only A grader we have ever signed in our history was GAJ. Despite Dusty’s age if we are able to sign him it gives off a similar vibe to when GAJ was signed - signing a star of the game who is a triple premiership player and triple norm smith medalist and an indisputable future hall of famer. Adding someone like that to the playing group gives a bucket load of internal confidence. He is familiar with Dimma’s coaching, game style and game plan too so would slot into the side seamlessly and understand his role in the side.

I was initially against it but I’ve come around to it given it’s no more than $600k a year. I reckon it’s worth rolling the dice on Dusty if he is keen to be apart of our team.

Arguably the only A grader we have ever signed in our history was GAJ. Despite Dusty’s age if we are able to sign him it gives off a similar vibe to when GAJ was signed - signing a star of the game who is a triple premiership player and triple norm smith medalist and an indisputable future hall of famer. Adding someone like that to the playing group gives a bucket load of internal confidence. He is familiar with Dimma’s coaching, game style and game plan too so would slot into the side seamlessly and understand his role in the side.

I was initially against it but I’ve come around to it given it’s no more than $600k a year. I reckon it’s worth rolling the dice on Dusty if he is keen to be apart of our team.
Just something that happened at Richmond before we were any good
A player by the name of Ben Cousins walked through the doors

I have heard Cotchin , Jack & Rance mention this in the past
They said what they learnt from Ben Cousins was what it takes to be a professional football player
How to train how to play and how to be confident in what you are about to achieve and have confidence that you h=can be the best and not stop until you are.

If Dusty is motivated he has 3 years in him still and the best way to motivate dusty is to win games

Our midfield is fine IMO.

Just off last nights performance, Moyle got another drubbing by Marshall which affected the midfields effectiveness.

If we added LDU, that is way too much investment into the midfield unless you are offloading one of Miller, Rowell or Anderson

That run off HB though is missing, Sexton was pretty ineffective and would be an easy replacement for Rioli and I would be moving Flanders back to the guts for Powell to slip back into his spot.

A midfield rotation of Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders, Graham, Humphrey (eventually) would be good.
Are ya sure about that? 🤨

Who’s actually gonna come to this club?

We’ve been linked to 1 player with 4 years left on his deal, because he (like hundreds of thousands of others) spent a few days on the GC for a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am pretty sure.

Flanders and Humphrey should play there. Flanders actually helped swing the game back and freed up Rowell, Touk and Anderson.

We need a good winger though.
Rowell and Anderson aren't the 1, 2 punch i thought they would be, far too inconsistent week to week, as well as in games. Touk looks like a C grader, Flanders a B- and Humphrey a D grader.

I'm worried about our midfield, there is no class, or game changer in there. Our wings are huge concerns, Clohesy looks like he's dropped off a touch, couldn't even name a preferred second wing.

And Witts looks past it, Moyle must believe he is a chance to overtake him as early as late this year/in the off season, and even then is still just a C grade ruckman currently.

I've got growing concerns for paying overs for a half back when i see our mids get beat every second week.

Just my opinion

Rowell and Anderson aren't the 1, 2 punch i thought they would be, far too inconsistent week to week, as well as in games. Touk looks like a C grader, Flanders a B- and Humphrey a D grader.

I'm worried about our midfield, there is no class, or game changer in there. Our wings are huge concerns, Clohesy looks like he's dropped off a touch, couldn't even name a preferred second wing.

And Witts looks past it, Moyle must believe he is a chance to overtake him as early as late this year/in the off season, and even then is still just a C grade ruckman currently.

I've got growing concerns for paying overs for a half back when i see our mids get beat every second week.

Just my opinion

Here here.

So 2x top 10 picks, who do you think Cameron will trade them with to off load Touks contract in exchange for an oh so sweet 3rd rounder?

In all seriousness the way Leo is going we will have to either trade up or out.
That will really help us. Not.

I’d rather go hard and go down swinging then fizz out staying bottom 4 without taking any punts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DANIEL RIOLI​

Richmond​

Gold Coast has huge interest, but isn’t sure if Richmond would relent. He turns 28 next April, he’s a hugely popular and damaging player. But it is a very brief moment in time where the Tigers would get “overs” for a player in a position where they want to play Sam Banks and have Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short and Tom Brown. And they would get overs, given the Suns have three first-rounders and are desperate for that elite running defender. Richmond should think

BEN AINSWORTH​

Gold Coast​

He’s well-established at the Suns; has been very well-paid across his career as a former top-10 pick – and his management hasn’t been shopping him around hard so far. They are the reasons the Suns believe he wants to stay. He will get $600,000-$700,000 a year to stay and it’s a fair price for a free agent who only has 12 goals from 14 games. He has been linked to Essendon, but do they really want to pay him $800,000 to leave when they have Jade Gresham, Nic Martin and Archie Perkins who can fill a similar role – with Nate Caddy and Matt Guelfi also filling front-six roles.

DUSTIN MARTIN​

Richmond​

Can understand the frustration from fans over the continued focus on his future, but when it is such a movable feast it does add to the intrigue.
Gold Coast is interested, but likely only on a one-year deal (with a games-based trigger) at reasonable money. Call it $500,000-$600,000. If he wants a big multi-year deal it’s thanks but no thanks. Would Dusty sacrifice? His manager Ralph Carr says he has suitors. Much depends on his last nine weeks and whether he can show he still has the fire in the belly.

ISAAC CUMMING​

GWS​

The Suns are interested in the rebounding halfback, who is working his way back into form after hamstring and calf issues. Clearly Daniel Rioli would be more of a priority, but watch this space on Cumming if Rioli remains. His form was excellent in 2023 – 23.5 possessions, 75 per cent kicking efficiency, 537m gained. He’s no one’s idea of a high-profile player, but he might fit in perfectly if the Suns can get their man.

DANIEL RIOLI​

Richmond​

Gold Coast has huge interest, but isn’t sure if Richmond would relent. He turns 28 next April, he’s a hugely popular and damaging player. But it is a very brief moment in time where the Tigers would get “overs” for a player in a position where they want to play Sam Banks and have Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short and Tom Brown. And they would get overs, given the Suns have three first-rounders and are desperate for that elite running defender. Richmond should think

BEN AINSWORTH​

Gold Coast​

He’s well-established at the Suns; has been very well-paid across his career as a former top-10 pick – and his management hasn’t been shopping him around hard so far. They are the reasons the Suns believe he wants to stay. He will get $600,000-$700,000 a year to stay and it’s a fair price for a free agent who only has 12 goals from 14 games. He has been linked to Essendon, but do they really want to pay him $800,000 to leave when they have Jade Gresham, Nic Martin and Archie Perkins who can fill a similar role – with Nate Caddy and Matt Guelfi also filling front-six roles.

DUSTIN MARTIN​

Richmond​

Can understand the frustration from fans over the continued focus on his future, but when it is such a movable feast it does add to the intrigue.
Gold Coast is interested, but likely only on a one-year deal (with a games-based trigger) at reasonable money. Call it $500,000-$600,000. If he wants a big multi-year deal it’s thanks but no thanks. Would Dusty sacrifice? His manager Ralph Carr says he has suitors. Much depends on his last nine weeks and whether he can show he still has the fire in the belly.

ISAAC CUMMING​

GWS​

The Suns are interested in the rebounding halfback, who is working his way back into form after hamstring and calf issues. Clearly Daniel Rioli would be more of a priority, but watch this space on Cumming if Rioli remains. His form was excellent in 2023 – 23.5 possessions, 75 per cent kicking efficiency, 537m gained. He’s no one’s idea of a high-profile player, but he might fit in perfectly if the Suns can get their man.

Cumming > Swallow

He said on Monday he had told his manager Dylan Hodge he didn’t want to know who was chasing him, so intent was Moyle on re-signing after four games this year and six in total.
“I really enjoy the club and love the people we have here and it’s a pleasure to come into the club every day. ‘Dimma’ is a great people person and what he’s done is give the group great belief in what we are capable of. We have a really talented group and if we can find that balance and bring it together we can win a lot of games.
“I have always enjoyed the football club and the direction we are going but I think the last six months has been a big part of my decision.

“I kept in touch with Hodgey through the year but wanted to focus on my football and he did that behind the scenes. It came down to the point of having confidence that this is where I want to be and not having to worry about anything else. I am enjoying my footy and live on the Gold Coast and you don’t change a winning formula.”
“Playing in the VFL flag (last year) was a lot of fun and if anything it’s given me a taste of what it would be like to hopefully one day play in an (AFL) flag.

I have had good consistency through the year, playing games in the VFL at the start of the year and a block of AFL in the middle, and I got a lot of confidence from the games I played this year that I can see myself playing at that level for years to come.”

Happy Atp Tour GIF by Tennis TV

Clayton Oliver with a huge chunk of his salary paid by Melbourne?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back