2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with Luko. Never missed a game in 6 years and then gets ansty when you get dropped once in your career, rather than fight for your spot, you go and seek elsewhere.

There was never any indication he didn't want to be there, or was home sick. so feels a bit..precious.
This is essentially the 3rd time he's been dropped, once when Dew put him back to defence. I think he knew it was temporary so he applied himself and did well, the second time earlier this year when dimma dropped him back to defence, looked like someone who was entitled and was hard done by, and eventually got back to the forward lines and the last 2 weeks has been his 3rd time dropped, he caught up with the crows and power and is going home.

There were Jack Watts comparison at the start and all the experts said it was completely different, it wasnt. Nice guy, doesn't put his body on the line.

This is essentially the 3rd time he's been dropped, once when Dew put him back to defence. I think he knew it was temporary so he applied himself and did well, the second time earlier this year when dimma dropped him back to defence, looked like someone who was entitled and was hard done by, and eventually got back to the forward lines and the last 2 weeks has been his 3rd time dropped, he caught up with the crows and power and is going home.

There were Jack Watts comparison at the start and all the experts said it was completely different, it wasnt. Nice guy, doesn't put his body on the line.
I was going to say but Jack Watts didn’t kick anywhere near 40 goals a season.
Lucky I fact checked. 38goals in 2016.

Anyway enough comparisons
We need a top 10 pick for return for future development.
Just look at Jesse Hogan. Passed around like a hot potato and now Coleman medal winner 29

Is this rule change going to make it harder for the Suns to attract A grade talent.

If big Vic clubs can trade draft picks 2 years into the future..
They have more cards/currency to make a play with?

So should the Suns make some massive attacks this year while they have the most currency.?

Trade out next years picks too?

A lot of speculations.

Here is mine. If Luko meeting both Crows and Port is true (looks like) I believe Luko will leave.

I also tend to believe that Dimma decided Luko is not in his future plans and Dimma's talk is just to keep value. Basically shipping him out. Surely, he deserved to be dropped but so another 15 players after Eagles game. All talls don't fit in although some are still raw and just potential.

I suspect late first round will do or even 2nd round if it turns out we want him out urgently. Round 1 pick for Houston if he goes to Port or F1 Crows. It could be significant interest from Victoria.

Personally, I don't mind whatever Dimma does. Just play finals next year or disaster could happen. Luko's buddies could be a bit unhappy with this move. Let's see how Rowell responds with his re-signing due.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with Luko. Never missed a game in 6 years and then gets ansty when you get dropped once in your career, rather than fight for your spot, you go and seek elsewhere.

There was never any indication he didn't want to be there, or was home sick. so feels a bit..precious.
Yeah spot on. Plenty of the games very best have been dropped.
Can’t tackle.
Poos his pants often at shots for goal under pressure.
Has a cry when dropped.

Classic Bedwetter characteristics

Looks to be staying put. Josh’s says he will loves the Crows and wants to stay. Is signed till 2029

Have we heard Luko shoot down reports?
Whose his manager?

In a maligned year Rachele still kicks 30 as a small forward, has kicked the most amount of goals of any small forward 22 and under. We need goal kickers, how many times do we see berry or fiorini or holman, looking to give the responsibility to someone else? He could be a match winner, someone who capitalizes on our inside 50s. He just seems like a flog.

In a maligned year Rachele still kicks 30 as a small forward, has kicked the most amount of goals of any small forward 22 and under. We need goal kickers, how many times do we see berry or fiorini or holman, looking to give the responsibility to someone else? He could be a match winner, someone who capitalizes on our inside 50s. He just seems like a flog.

He grew up playing soccer. Those celebrations explain that part of his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of speculations.

Here is mine. If Luko meeting both Crows and Port is true (looks like) I believe Luko will leave.

I also tend to believe that Dimma decided Luko is not in his future plans and Dimma's talk is just to keep value. Basically shipping him out. Surely, he deserved to be dropped but so another 15 players after Eagles game. All talls don't fit in although some are still raw and just potential.

I suspect late first round will do or even 2nd round if it turns out we want him out urgently. Round 1 pick for Houston if he goes to Port or F1 Crows. It could be significant interest from Victoria.

Personally, I don't mind whatever Dimma does. Just play finals next year or disaster could happen. Luko's buddies could be a bit unhappy with this move. Let's see how Rowell responds with his re-signing due.
Rowelly is the one I've had the most concerns about tbh

Sorry if already mentioned on this thread but have heard from a couple of sources now that Crows are prepared to offer 27 and their F1 for Luko (not sure what going back). Do Suns posters have any mail on this/think it’s reasonable?

Sorry if already mentioned on this thread but have heard from a couple of sources now that Crows are prepared to offer 27 and their F1 for Luko (not sure what going back). Do Suns posters have any mail on this/think it’s reasonable?
I can't see it, a F1 is gonna be swallowed up by a Zeke Uwland academy bid

I can't see it, a F1 is gonna be swallowed up by a Zeke Uwland academy bid
I guess that might be the point, with Laura’s on the fly pick matching formula coming in next year a puck like that may be one that you need to match.

WCE, RICH and NM F1 might be the only picks that are likely to get before a Uwland bid. He’s that bloody good they might not even be enough.

I guess that might be the point, with Laura’s on the fly pick matching formula coming in next year a puck like that may be one that you need to match.

WCE, RICH and NM F1 might be the only picks that are likely to get before a Uwland bid. He’s that bloody good they might not even be enough.
I would hope we have some clarity on the situation

Seccos only gear is to kick it high and long. After a certain distance unless it's marked by an oppo player it's counted as an effective kick, so that stat really doesn't hold much weight there.
Sorry.Just read this reply?That's your take on those stats?They must be wrong-oh yeah-Secco kicks up and unders that why.
It's the Secco Story.People find reasons for why he's bad-first guy dropped after a loss.Rioli-reasons he's good with the same stats:eek:

Sorry.Just read this reply?That's your take on those stats?They must be wrong-oh yeah-Secco kicks up and unders that why.
It's the Secco Story.People find reasons for why he's bad-first guy dropped after a loss.Rioli-reasons he's good with the same stats:eek:

Rioli is obviously an upgrade on Sexton as a halfback. And ignore stats (similar, but Rioli is a bit better in the ones we care about to try and improve some of our problems) and just watch them play. Rioli is just better in that position and that is obvious to the eye test.

I like Sexton. Have for years and would give him every chance to perform if it were up to me. He’s serviceable and sometimes even good. But Rioli is better in a HB role.

Now, is he worth the speculated cost? That’s a legitimate conversation and criticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back