2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Im so confused about the Lombard thing. Cal just hates him. Dropped him after winning the 18s medal and then kicking 3 goals in the vfl 2 weeks later

Jasper (espn mock) is where I’d have him. But I think the bid will come at about 8-10 range. I don’t understand some being so cold on him (late teens)

If we can hold pick 6 and get Rioli. I do think trading pick 6 for future picks is the right thing to do. I’d rather try get as many of Uwland, Patterson, Addinsall, Murray as possible. Over a different draftee from out of state this year who ask to go home in the future
It's just an even year. I thibk the 8-12 range is right for Leo, he is a smaller mid who is a bit of a hack kick.
When was the last draftee we had that wanted to go home? Those days are behind us.

Im so confused about the Lombard thing. Cal just hates him. Dropped him after winning the 18s medal and then kicking 3 goals in the vfl 2 weeks later

Jasper (espn mock) is where I’d have him. But I think the bid will come at about 8-10 range. I don’t understand some being so cold on him (late teens)

If we can hold pick 6 and get Rioli. I do think trading pick 6 for future picks is the right thing to do. I’d rather try get as many of Uwland, Patterson, Addinsall, Murray as possible. Over a different draftee from out of state this year who ask to go home in the future
Correct me if I’m wrong, but we can only take two Academy players if we make the top eight next year correct?

If Craig Cameron could pull off something like last year, I think we would all carry him off the ground on our shoulders, admittedly I’d probably give him a mouthful about his previous mistakes while I was there 😎
Quite possibly we will shop pick 6 like we did with pick 4 last year. Get ready :cool:

Pick 6 for north’s future first would be a win for yous probably a top 4 pick

Hearing club is looking at Academy kid Gulbin as a rookie as a possible Freckle replacement.
KPF / 2nd Ruck depth looking thin if Day’s contract torn up. Has Casboult confirmed he is going around again?

I always thought it was a bit of recruiter fatigue on Lombard as he has been getting talked up and dominating for the last 18 months versus these guys getting more exposure this year becoming the next best thing. But it does seem like he is legitimately dropping unanimously which I find odd but potentially great for us.

I see him filling a spot for us in that high-half forward pressure role opposite Ainsworth that we have tried Holman/Berry/Johnston in, but not sure what others think.

I do think this the year to go all in with pick 6. Get Rioli/Noble/Lombard/+ whatever else from #6 really sets us up for the short term, then Uwland and hopefully a few of the other academy boys can come in next year and fill the gaps and give us depth for the long term. Potentially very exciting if we can maximise our assets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought it was a bit of recruiter fatigue on Lombard as he has been getting talked up and dominating for the last 18 months versus these guys getting more exposure this year becoming the next best thing. But it does seem like he is legitimately dropping unanimously which I find odd but potentially great for us.

I see him filling a spot for us in that high-half forward pressure role opposite Ainsworth that we have tried Holman/Berry/Johnston in, but not sure what others think.

I do think this the year to go all in with pick 6. Get Rioli/Noble/Lombard/+ whatever else from #6 really sets us up for the short term, then Uwland and hopefully a few of the other academy boys can come in next year and fill the gaps and give us depth for the long term. Potentially very exciting if we can maximise our assets.
I would add Rogers. Hopefully with a full pre-season he will start delivering more consistently. It was great play - Miller -> Rowell -> Flanders -> Rogers running through the middle -> perfect delivery to Graham.

Noble will give you run, drive, an attacking mindset, has pace, loves to take the game on. Can make mistakes but that happens when you play a manic game style and his role.
He'll give you 200%, wont stop, is such a terrier. He'll hunt the ball, the opposition.

Heart and soul this player. Puts 200% in everything he does.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS.

After hearing of Star pie John Noble requesting a trade from 1 of the biggest AFL clubs to the mighty Gold Coast Suns.
Christian Petracca is now open to moving to the second biggest AFL club in QLD.

SO IM TOLD

Big things are coming.

Rioli and now Noble are GREAT gets and the perfect scenario offseason I had hoped for. Well done list management and Dimma. Sorely needed run, speed, spread and skills. Pumped.

Gotta love turning the tables on the go home factor to the ultimate powerhouse club in Victoria.

BREAKING NEWS.

After hearing of Star pie John Noble requesting a trade from 1 of the biggest AFL clubs to the mighty Gold Coast Suns.
Christian Petracca is now open to moving to the second biggest AFL club in QLD.

SO IM TOLD

Big things are coming.
shame he wants to go to lions:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back