2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

While he’s most often been linked to a move home to South Australia with either Adelaide or Port Adelaide, Collingwood was considered a potential landing spot but the Magpies pulled out of the race after the Suns refused to offer salary cap relief in 2025 and 2026 as his current contract is back-ended.

“The Jack Lukosius situation is looking like it will have to be a come home deal from Gold Coast,” Rucci said on SEN SA The Run Home.

“Collingwood has backed away and my understanding is Collingwood's looked at the back-ended part of Lukosius’ contract and said to Gold Coast, ‘If we're talking, you've got to do some salary relief for us on this one’. That’s not going to happen.

“Not when you've got Adelaide and Port Adelaide who are going to help Gold Coast go through that saga as well. So, Collingwood is out of the way.”

As a result, Rucci thinks that Adelaide is in pole position to secure his services as he believes the Crows can absorb the rest of his back-ended deal which could be worth around $900,000 a season for 2025 and 2026.

“Yeah (it’s looking like Adelaide) because they probably can absorb his contract,” Rucci said.

“The nicest estimate I keep hearing is about $1.75 million for the next two years.

“But if you add three years onto it, it becomes a five-year contract and just smoothe it out and that's what will happen.”

I will preface this statement by saying most Crows fans are reasonable and have a good understanding of football matters, but the Luko thread on the draft board has some absolute troglodytes in it, the entitlement and rhetoric where opinion is stated as if it was fact and where each poster builds upon the last fabrication makes me concerned for the future of humanity. The melts if Luko goes for the Power will be epic, get out your 🍿
I think you need to stay away from the mainboard
You come back here sounding like you've just fronted a T90 in the Donbass and come off second best
I wouldn't even know where to find that forum and grateful I don't

So does anyone know why Rosas is leaving? Is it his inconsistency? Stupid suspensions? Soft? Not enough pressure/tackling? Attitude? Some off-filed issue?

I still remember during season Dimma praised his talent, how we miss him, how important he is to our system.

Any inside info? Not going to ask grandma on FB 😂

What will be the trade?
He may have failed rules 1 and 2 of player retention
1.Desire to win at every contest
2.Character
Either or

No wonder some Crows fans state opinion as fact when Rucci makes statements like the figure owed to Luko is $1.75m, Crows have space to absorb it, Collingwood is out and Luko will accept a smoothing of the contact from 2 to 5 years. This muppet has no insight into the Crows inner workings let alone the Pies

No wonder some Crows fans state opinion as fact when Rucci makes statements like the figure owed to Luko is $1.75m, Crows have space to absorb it, Collingwood is out and Luko will accept a smoothing of the contact from 2 to 5 years. This muppet has no insight into the Crows inner workings let alone the Pies
I think everyone seems to be taking Cal Twomey's mention of Luko's contract a bit too literally.

He said it would take $1 million to get him out of the Gold Coast.
He didn't say he's on $1 million.

We've gone from Jon Ralph saying he's on $650k to this guy saying he's on $900k.

I'd say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood fan reckons we have offered stringer 3 years. I've actually been hoping we are in to him but 3 years seems excessive. I think he would offer more than luko at half the price.

Collingwood fan reckons we have offered stringer 3 years. I've actually been hoping we are in to him but 3 years seems excessive. I think he would offer more than luko at half the price.
3 years for Stringer is madness.

I'm all in on Stringer
Massive upgrade on Rosas and proven game changer game winner
A commodity light on anywhere in sporting circles
X factor
Will frustrate and go missing at times no doubt but will win us games
3 years for a guy turning 31 in April is probably a stretch but we are the team that gives managers that extra 25%

I reckon we should try and pry Bailey Fritch out of Melbourne, reckon every player there would be looking over the fence for greener pastures..........can't stand his swagger but his forward craft, kicking and ability is exceptional

Maybe this is why we're pushing for Rosas to go? Mally to Essendon (they've tried to get him in the past and are apparently still keen) and we add Stringer to our forward line for a few years while we develop our younger forwards. I'm not the biggest fan of Stringer, but you can't deny the guy has talent. He kicked 42 goals this years for those who may be wondering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 is what he's need to move
Otherwise he takes Essendon's one and backs himself to get another extension next year
He's not moving for 2
Yeah unfortunately this is the case.

I'm Happy with 2, Disappointed with 3

but 42 goals is 42 goals.

Bit of C you next tuesday in Stringer.

Didnt realise hes actually 192cm, same height as Anderson & Davies but 10x power

I will preface this statement by saying most Crows fans are reasonable and have a good understanding of football matters, but the Luko thread on the draft board has some absolute troglodytes in it, the entitlement and rhetoric where opinion is stated as if it was fact and where each poster builds upon the last fabrication makes me concerned for the future of humanity. The melts if Luko goes for the Power will be epic, get out your 🍿
Port Power supporters are also saying he is only worth a 2nd rounder because of the heavily backend contract so......

I think everyone seems to be taking Cal Twomey's mention of Luko's contract a bit too literally.

He said it would take $1 million to get him out of the Gold Coast.
He didn't say he's on $1 million.

We've gone from Jon Ralph saying he's on $650k to this guy saying he's on $900k.

I'd say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought his contract is $750K for 4 years but has been heavily backend for the last 2 years which is why Twomey said the contract for his last 2 years is "significant" (I wouldn't call $750K as "significant"). Rucci isn't saying he is on $900K but around that much for the remaining 2 years.

I thought his contract is $750K for 4 years but has been heavily backend for the last 2 years which is why Twomey said the contract for his last 2 years is "significant" (I wouldn't call $750K as "significant"). Rucci isn't saying he is on $900K but around that much for the remaining 2 years.
Possibly you and Cal have different idea's on "significant"?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back