2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

If any of you have concerns about the club making a fool of itself at the trades table again this year by selling Luko, Mally for peanuts and backing the truck up for old man Rioli I encourage you to let the club know info@goldcoastfc.com.au
Old man Rioli? He is 27. He is exactly in the age group we don't have. We have 2 consistent best 22 players in that 26-29 age. You know the age group premiership teams have the most of 95% of the time. It's not like we are selling the farm for a 31yo hoping he has magic beans.

I have some doubts about Rioli's defensive abilities (playing on Flanders should not be that difficult) but offensively he is very impressive. Champion Data have him in top 50 players this year.

For sure I want him in and to contribute now rather than drafting a midfielder at pick 7 who will sit behind Rowell, Anderson,.... only to leave in 2-3 years.

Off-contract Gold Coast midfielder Alex Davies is weighing up his AFL future.
The Suns have tabled a two-year deal to the 22 year old but it is understood as many as four rival clubs - including Collingwood - have enquired about the big-bodied Suns Academy product, who has played 32 senior games in four seasons.

Davies will sit down with head coach Damien Hardwick to seek assurances about his role in the side moving forward before making any decision on his future.

If we add Noble and Rioli and Lombard and Sign Mac Andrew and Matt Rowell to long term contracts….Id be extremely happy☀️🤘

Off-contract Gold Coast midfielder Alex Davies is weighing up his AFL future.
The Suns have tabled a two-year deal to the 22 year old but it is understood as many as four rival clubs - including Collingwood - have enquired about the big-bodied Suns Academy product, who has played 32 senior games in four seasons.

Davies will sit down with head coach Damien Hardwick to seek assurances about his role in the side moving forward before making any decision on his future.

Dimma will do his talk magic and Davies will stay. That's what I expect, nothing else 😂

What do you think it will be?

I still think if 6 is involved it either has to come with

1, Part of Riolis contract paid or
2, A decent pick coming back to us
i personally do not care what we pay, overs, the right price, unders who really cares.

I just want the deal done Day 1 so we can get Noble done too, then whatever pieces we have left we can get Leo and whoever else wants to come thru the door.

I reckon there are a few other players keen to come but all depends on what picks and list spots we have left over.

Old man Rioli? He is 27. He is exactly in the age group we don't have. We have 2 consistent best 22 players in that 26-29 age. You know the age group premiership teams have the most of 95% of the time. It's not like we are selling the farm for a 31yo hoping he has magic beans.
He’s 28 at the start of next season, he’s at the end of his peak IMO but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong

If this years draft is as even as they say in the first 6-7 picks I think we are mad not to look to sell it, but it appears I am in the minority

He’s 28 at the start of next season, he’s at the end of his peak IMO but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong

If this years draft is as even as they say in the first 6-7 picks I think we are mad not to look to sell it, but it appears I am in the minority
He is in his peak, he will provide more over the next few years than a kid playing VFL will. I understand the hesitancy we have a horrendous trade record, but this is the first year I really feel we have a chance to improve with mature aged talent. Is 6 an overpay, yes it is. But we got 6 for Prestia and we where happy with that trade, that pick ended up being Scrimshaw.
I'll take the known quality now over the unknown of a draftee. Get the club moving forward.

I am with you on trying to get overs by trading pick 7 first before offering overs for Rioli. Obviously it depends on Lombard bid.

BTW here is Tigers CEO. Get ready for extraordinary offer, haha. Something tells me you will be blaming Cameron and not Dimma (just joking).
Richmond’s new chief executive Shane Dunne this week warned rivals it will take something “extraordinary” to drag contracted players Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli out of Punt Rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, negotiations don't happen through media. What's said publicly has no bearing on the outcome.

Rioli would not request trade unless the deal is agreed in principle. A lot of behind scene negotiations, manager talking to both clubs making sure it can be done before going public, clubs talking to each other. Probably started when Dimma joined us a year ago.

Most people involved worked together at Richmond.

This is what Campbell said.

You really believe that if Tigers did not see it they would be happy with let's say pick 13? What's actually wrong with statement? Nothing, IMO. Everybody knows we have to pay overs. He mentions range in price, dealing in good faith.

Teams have list management meetings regularly. You think Dimma was shocked by Wayne's interview, and it set us back? I am not believing it for a second.

I guess, it's Dimma right as a new coach and with his success, and ultimately his decision who he wants on the team. Agree or disagree with his players assessment.

For players under contract we have to pay overs. When getting rid of players we get unders. If you want to keep a player you get a good return (Rankine). Simple.

Picks are just hope for future. That's all what Tigers supporters can talk about now.

Do we have a shortage of talent? We got great 5 kids last year, Lombard coming in too. Next year Uwland plus possibly 2-3 more academy kids.

Bring in mature best 22 players every time for me at our current situation. We can't wait another 3-4 years.

We got huge overs for pick 4 last year. Now we will use it on players under contract and getting Lombard.

And if it does not work out and we don't play finals, we can savage Dimma. I am getting ready.

"In Dimma we trust" does not impress me. I am going to keep him honest. But I have to say delivering an old fashion kick in the butt to Luko and Rosas impressed me.
Very well written and just cant help but think how similar this consensus is to the way the Richmond supporters were feeling and posting this time back in 2016 when trading for Prestia and coincidentally with pick 6

Why should we give up pick #6 for a constantly injured short ass player what difference would he make etc
We should draft Brodie or Scrimshaw was the theme. Im glad we paid the price and got Prestia and his first 4 years were great last 4 years no so much but his influence and experience is now helpful to our young squad next year
similar with Taranto/Hopper but without the success.

In the example i posted above the outcome is exactly the same as keeping #7 and trading the other picks with only 1 difference - Pick thats 6 places further really dont think its that massive with the way your list is set as most are mids which GC is set for and probably needs a KPD but the beneffit of salary cap payment from Richmond.

Apparently we have some interest in adam tomlinson, would make sense as we definitely will be needing some depth in defence with Brock and probably Graham out and mac maybe forward.

Solid enough back up, could free up Ballard.

Would do well to beat Pies & Saints since he’s already in Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back