2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Smith who was a shell of himself in 2023 and people were asking for him to be dropped.

Something in the Geelong water will no doubt get him up and going, but he was hardly at the peak of powers when he last played.
Also was the rated the worst kick in the league last year. Don't want that crap here we already have enough.

Yeah, I am also a bit surprised that Farrar did not get opportunity under Dimma.
Yeah, it’s odd. I get that Holman is rated internally, but I feel like Farrar could have done the same job (especially on a wing…). Or Sexton’s job at halfback. Or over someone like Johnston. At least for a game or two.

Thought he might get a game after booting 5 goals in the VFL. Might have even made a good sub due to versatility.

Not hugely upset about it, but would have been ok seeing him get a go, too.

The thing with Geelong is they know that they attract top mature talent so they usually have to give up a 1st round pick for quality player in a trade, and finishing high up the ladder means they are generally picking from pick 30 onwards.

I know someone in the Geelong recruitment team and they get creative. They are at WAFL reserves, they are at state basketball u20 champs...rather than just looking at the highly rated draft kids.

For the Suns they shouldn't be relying on just bringing in academy kids, and need to be creative and put more resources into finding some diamonds in the rough.

But you only have pick 1… nothing is guaranteed this far out. Also why wouldn’t Richmond bid on Lombard
The bloke is a tool and the less we engage, hopefully he can keep away on the main board. He thinks if we trade them pick 7 they can stop the other 7 clubs with a pick before 12 from bidding on lombard. Flawless logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrisC win pick 12
Carlton win pick 11
Pick 12 for Rioli seems fair given his contract status and the fact that he's in his prime (27yo). Get the trade done for Rioli and we keep our pick 6, which should be used before a bid comes through for Lombard. Pick 6 we can either use it to secure an A grader from another club OR we draft a top 6 player in the draft. Either way, we should pick up three really good players this off season.

Be a great addition as a winger, would he want to move though?
When he was playing vfl would have been an interesting conversation, poor lad just lost a family member and may be in the mix for a flag so probably not the right time for life changing decisions. Rate him though, a lot was made about our academy but i don't remember as much noise when Sydney were getting gun after gun

Speaking to casboult last night he reckons there might be another player incoming and that’s why he hasn’t resigned yet.
Also said Luko is probably gone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hmmm, if Luko is gone then you would have to think it’s to the power or he would of already nominated

Speaking to casboult last night he reckons there might be another player incoming and that’s why he hasn’t resigned yet.
Also said Luko is probably gone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Makes sense. Pushing out Luko, Rosas and Day suggests that hopefully we have eyes on another forward. May not even be a tall.

There is also a chance that this player is in the top 8, though plenty of players still haven’t nominated a trade from bottom teams, so it is not guaranteed to be there.

Something to keep the rumour mill going at least!

But yeah, if Luko and/or Rosas goes, we better have some experience at goals coming in or I think we just get objectively worse in the front half.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back