2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely a 3 year deal to Stringer is compelling
Hmmmm. Don’t love that. Not my favourite player.

But 40 goals this year isn’t nothing. If we brought in a 40 goal a year player we couldn’t be too mad.

However, he’s 30yo. And historically isn’t the best off-field player, or the best trainer.

Our list and culture is in a better space, seemingly. We can probably start to take a punt on a player who doesn’t pass the vibe test. Still not sold on Stringer though.

Hmmmm. Don’t love that. Not my favourite player.

But 40 goals this year isn’t nothing. If we brought in a 40 goal a year player we couldn’t be too mad.

However, he’s 30yo. And historically isn’t the best off-field player, or the best trainer.

Our list and culture is in a better space, seemingly. We can probably start to take a punt on a player who doesn’t pass the vibe test. Still not sold on Stringer though.
People aren't black and white, there's good in everyone and we've all got our flaws. Jake is a game winner, and if Bailey Humphrey looked a quarter of the player Stringer currently is, then maybe there'd be no need, but we need winners and Jake is probably in the top handful of medium sized forwards in the comp that we could get for an absolute bargain.

People aren't black and white, there's good in everyone and we've all got our flaws. Jake is a game winner, and if Bailey Humphrey looked a quarter of the player Stringer currently is, then maybe there'd be no need, but we need winners and Jake is probably in the top handful of medium sized forwards in the comp that we could get for an absolute bargain.
Humpa is a second year player with massive upside. He'll be a lot better next year.

Stringer is a down hill skier who only tries when there is a contract on the line. Talented, yes. Grubby, yes also. Give him three years and he'll just waddle around doing sweet **** all.

Where is all this stringer noise coming from? I haven’t seen or heard anything official. Has anyone else?
May just be based on Essendon won’t give him more than two years, so basically said he can shop around. Then I guess it lines up with our forward “out” to try and bolster that end of the ground.

Beyond that, haven’t seen or heard anything in the media linking him to us. Maybe I missed it.

He would obviously be best 22 in our forward line… but almost any small forward in the comp would be an upgrade on some of our small forward output.

Article about you guys on the AFL site

GOLD Coast's three first-round picks are now locked in after the Western Bulldogs' exit from the finals series.

The Suns hold the Dogs' first-round selection this year after last year's trade that saw the Bulldogs trade up the board to select midfielder Ryley Sanders.
And after their loss to Hawthorn in Friday night's elimination final, the pick will land at No.12, adding to the Suns' own first-round pick (No.6) and their end-of-first round selection (No.20) that came from North Melbourne's assistance package last year.

The Suns will use one or more of the selections to prise Daniel Rioli out of Richmond.

Humpa is a second year player with massive upside. He'll be a lot better next year.

Stringer is a down hill skier who only tries when there is a contract on the line. Talented, yes. Grubby, yes also. Give him three years and he'll just waddle around doing sweet **** all.
Like an older, lazier Rory Atkins or Campbell Brown.

So what i'm hearing is a rolling 1 year contract.

Isaac Heeney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Heeney
Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Saw Luko and Rowelly running up Burleigh hill this afternoon. Lukosius didn't look like a bloke that was about to ask to be traded elsewhere, but you never know.

Isaac Heeney
IIRC we've tried to get him before and there was apparently some interest from his side. I'm sure Dimma is trying his hardest to convince players of that ilk to join us. Would love to see it, but it just seems like such a long shot right now. As Ben Drever mentioned, a Swans flag this year probably give us a better shot at landing him.

If we get those four I don't mind if we sell the farm.
It's an indication that players are both considering and going through with trading to us.
Just have to make sure that we can still get our second Uwland

If we get those four I don't mind if we sell the farm.
It's an indication that players are both considering and going through with trading to us.
Just have to make sure that we can still get our second Uwland
Honestly, if losing Lombard or even Uwland 2.0 meant we got an A grader like Heeney (again, just an example. Not really buying this talk. He’s contracted to 2028. And if Rioli is having pick 6 talked about then Heeney is double that)… I’d probably do it.

The way I look at it is, in a normal year with no academy prospects, would we give up a top pick for a top player? If so, then it should be the same thought process if they are academy pick too. We get too sentimental because they are our academy players we have watched for years.

Gotta do what is best for building the list, always.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back