2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to trust Dimma, they is more buzz around our club right now than ever before

Big Macs contract
Davies shunning the VIC powerhouses
Ballard long term deal
Lukos kick in the arse
Dead weight trimmed
Coasty Martin potentially on the way ( one of the all time greats)
Guernsey overhaul imminent
Rioli and Noble ( hopefully at reasonable cost)
4 sellouts for the year
Record membership
Greenwood back at the club……ok maybe this ones a stretch

Awesome vibes and trade week hasn’t even started yet. In Dimma we trust
Premiership key piece Elliott Himmelberg (UFA)

We have to trust Dimma, they is more buzz around our club right now than ever before

Big Macs contract
Davies shunning the VIC powerhouses
Ballard long term deal
Lukos kick in the arse
Dead weight trimmed
Coasty Martin potentially on the way ( one of the all time greats)
Guernsey overhaul imminent
Rioli and Noble ( hopefully at reasonable cost)
4 sellouts for the year
Record membership
Greenwood back at the club……ok maybe this ones a stretch

Awesome vibes and trade week hasn’t even started yet. In Dimma we trust
Don't forget all the friends you are making on the Draft board 🤣

Jack Martin can EAD! Don’t want that bed wetting, to weak to see things through, walk out on your mates when things get tough goose anywhere near our club.

I agree with that. But have you seen Tom Berry…
Berry is fine if we got better users around him.

Don't let him kick the ball, let him pressure and hand ball it off to Flanders, Hump, Dusty, Leo.

With Berry he can be involved without touching it, Rosas has to touch it to be involved

Jack Martin can EAD! Don’t want that bed wetting, to weak to see things through, walk out on your mates when things get tough goose anywhere near our club.
Yes! Exactly.

As much as in Dimma I trust, I’d be very disappointed if the club welcomed him back.

Yes! Exactly.

As much as in Dimma I trust, I’d be very disappointed if the club welcomed him back.
I wouldn’t love it. I’ve never seen someone with so little leg muscles injure them so frequently.

But there would be a certain irony. We let him walk for nothing and forced Carlton to pay a million bucks to secure him (and he lost a big chunk of that due to Covid salary cuts, I believe). Then we pick him up for free, this time for a bargain basement salary.

But he is going to Brisbane. This reeks of something they would do. I’m sure they would love to add Jack Martin’s skinny body to the group of skinny players on their list.

Watching Port last night i reckon Luko going to them would make sense if he leaves. Their F1 is a fair price.

With Luko out we don't need Richmond to pay any of Rioli's salary, so 12 is enough. Do we offer 12 plus Port's F1? Is that still over's? Keeping the F1 is better with several academy kids to get next year and price going up.

I'd still like us to do a deal to get back into the draft after the Lombard bid and get Joe Berry.

Watching Port last night i reckon Luko going to them would make sense if he leaves. Their F1 is a fair price.

With Luko out we don't need Richmond to pay any of Rioli's salary, so 12 is enough. Do we offer 12 plus Port's F1? Is that still over's? Keeping the F1 is better with several academy kids to get next year and price going up.

I'd still like us to do a deal to get back into the draft after the Lombard bid and get Joe Berry.
F1? What pick 15 that might get pushed back closer to 20
I’d rather keep him or trade him for a pick this year with a certain number attached to it.
Preferably 8-15

Then make deals into next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall could be done with concussion, but they also bomb it in so he wont need much adjusting to the game plan

Can't believe how active we've been and the season isn't even over! If this is what we have to look forward to each off season with Dimma then it's going to be a very exciting ride moving forward. I'll reiterate what I stated earlier in the season and share my belief that recruiting Dusty is a good move for us. Obviously there's a marketing element that should mean we see an increase in membership sign ups and attendance, but the main reason I want Dusty is because I believe he can play the role of a really dangerous (small?) forward who kicks multiple goals a week.

That's something we're really missing and a mentally/physically fresh Dusty that doesn't need to waste energy running through the middle could be one of the most terrifying tasks for any defender in the league. Plus, getting one back on Richmond by recruiting arguably their greatest player of all time would feel like karma has been served for the Lynch/Prestia situations.

Don't know about you guys, but I think Dusty looks good in the red and gold!

WZAOUtW.jpg

Saw the Himmelberg rumors. As a completely free hit, he can help in ruck and in a contract year, he tends to hold a few marks and kick a few goals, there are worse out there but we are shot for list spots and need to lose a few players and he looks like one of them..good luck
Himmelberg is an interesting one. He obviously fits the age demographic that we're looking for (26) and did spend some of his younger years living in Queensland before the Crows drafted him. Targeting players with Queensland roots has worked well for us in the past with Clohesy and Chol being recent examples. Himmelberg's unrestricted free agency status makes it even more appealing for us because all we lose by recruiting him is a list spot and minimal salary cap space.

I think we do need another versatile tall on our list for depth considering Day and Luko could both be leaving. So yeah, I'm in favour of recruiting Himmelberg.

Can't believe how active we've been and the season isn't even over! If this is what we have to look forward to each off season with Dimma then it's going to be a very exciting ride moving forward. I'll reiterate what I stated earlier in the season and share my belief that recruiting Dusty is a good move for us. Obviously there's a marketing element that should mean we see an increase in membership sign ups and attendance, but the main reason I want Dusty is because I believe he can play the role of a really dangerous (small?) forward who kicks multiple goals a week.

That's something we're really missing and a mentally/physically fresh Dusty that doesn't need to waste energy running through the middle could be one of the most terrifying tasks for any defender in the league. Plus, getting one back on Richmond by recruiting arguably their greatest player of all time would feel like karma has been served for the Lynch/Prestia situations.

Don't know about you guys, but I think Dusty looks good in the red and gold!

WZAOUtW.jpg

Himmelberg is an interesting one. He obviously fits the age demographic that we're looking for (26) and did spend some of his younger years living in Queensland before the Crows drafted him. Targeting players with Queensland roots has worked well for us in the past with Clohesy and Chol being recent examples. Himmelberg's unrestricted free agency status makes it even more appealing for us because all we lose by recruiting him is a list spot and minimal salary cap space.

I think we do need another versatile tall on our list for depth considering Day and Luko could both be leaving. So yeah, I'm in favour of recruiting Himmelberg.
Dusty also would be the lightning rod for those close games we don't win, he knows how to get his team across the line and can read when the game is in the balance that alone would change our fortunes

a bit late to the news, but jack martin can **** off.

Regarding Dusty, let’s be honest all other 17 clubs would want him lining up in their best 22.

The fact of the matter is that we have a chance to add a triple premiership player and triple Norm Smith medalist to our list for NOTHING other than salary cap which with all the players we have cut thus far would cover.

You don’t turn down the opportunity to add a player of Dusty’s calibre. No team in the league is turning down adding a player of Dusty’s calibre. His marketing appeal is through the roof and a dream for the AFL to further promote footy on the GC, he will put bums on seats.

Also, the belief he would instil in the other 21 players along side him in the locker room week in and week out would be second to none. He would give the playing group genuine belief that they could actually compete with the big dogs and go out there and win something.

The positives absolutely outweigh the negatives, I say roll the dice. If it doesn’t work all you’ve lost is some cap space, you haven’t lost any draft picks/future assets. No big deal. Especially if the reported $500k a season is true. The amount that the club would’ve made from ticket sales and merch alone makes it worth it.

GO SUNS!

If Jack Martin passes a fitness test we should take him, you need blokes on minimum wage playing above their pay packet. Let bygones be bygones and let us stop being cuck spectators in September

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back