2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jack Martin passes a fitness test we should take him, you need blokes on minimum wage playing above their pay packet. Let bygones be bygones and let us stop being cuck spectators in September
2025 GF Gold Coast suns v Carlton blues

29 minutes into the 4th quarter
Carlton 14.7.91
Suns 13.11.89

45 seconds left
jack Martin gets the ball 38mtrs from goal 45 degree angle spends 35 seconds to kick the ball
GOAL

Carlton 14.7.91
Gold Coast 14.11.95

Carlton 14.7.91
Suns 13.11.89

45 seconds left
jack Martin gets the ball 38mtrs from goal 45 degree angle spends 35 seconds to kick the ball
GOAL

Carlton 14.7.91
Gold Coast 14.11.95
Mate keep your fantasies on the richmond board, wierdo

If Jack Martin passes a fitness test we should take him, you need blokes on minimum wage playing above their pay packet. Let bygones be bygones and let us stop being cuck spectators in September
He's 30yo and played 54 games in the last 5 seasons.....surely the only reason we would even consider him, is if our Medical/Performance Dept think they can get him to a point where he plays 15-20 games a season and he's on minimum wage.......and that's not even bringing into the fact he deserted us when he was needed............as far as I'm concerned he can go fly a kite for the rest of his life.......don't want or need him anywhere near us..

Carlton 14.7.91
Suns 13.11.89

45 seconds left
GOAL

Carlton 14.7.91
Gold Coast 14.11.95
that's only if he's on the park......very good chance he's sunning himself somewhere in Burleigh recuperating from his 14 th soft tissue injury..

What a load of crock....Martin asking to be de-listed....

Carlton exit meeting.

Martin: Hey I know I'm out of contract this year and turn 30yo in Jan and cost you blokes 5 mil and only played 54 games in 5 yrs, but please, I'd ask that you de-list me and don't offer me a contract cause I have 3 Clubs interested...

CFC: Offering a contract was never in our plans Jack......good luck!
1000002978.jpg

So this report from Jon Ralph confirms that we are interested in recruiting Jack Martin, along with Brisbane and Freo. Appears to be a three club race for his signature. Dimma must see something in him that we can use to improve next year. I reckon we give him a one year rookie deal and tell him it's either sink or swim - prove yourself in the VFL and force your way into our AFL team OR rot in the VFL and get delisted again in 12 months from now.

Jack Martin’s wife is a Gold Coast local. They have a child and second on the way. Could be looking for a move back for family reasons. With that in mind he would have to be very cheap to go back to that well.

So this report from Jon Ralph confirms that we are interested in recruiting Jack Martin, along with Brisbane and Freo. Appears to be a three club race for his signature. Dimma must see something in him that we can use to improve next year. I reckon we give him a one year rookie deal and tell him it's either sink or swim - prove yourself in the VFL and force your way into our AFL team OR rot in the VFL and get delisted again in 12 months from now.

I will vomit if I see that bedwetter in a SUNS guernsey again 🤮

Thing is with Jack Martin, is he even worth signing?

Borderline best 22
Playing him takes a spot from another (younger) fringe player like Rogers, Davies, Lombard, etc

All the above count against him, not taking into account his history with the club.

Thing is with Jack Martin, is he even worth signing?

Borderline best 22
Playing him takes a spot from another (younger) fringe player like Rogers, Davies, Lombard, etc

All the above count against him, not taking into account his history with the club.
With all these incomings are Sexton , Swallow etc in danger of being delisted

With all these incomings are Sexton , Swallow etc in danger of being delisted
Swallow under contract, and according to some people Sexton too.

Right now we have 5 spots available on senior list (if Oea gone too as reported by media but not by club). More spots created if some of Luko, Rosas, Farrar, C Graham would leave or we decided not to re-sign Lemmens, Holman.

Draft Lombard + upgrade Clohesy and Uwland. Trade in Rioli, Noble, sign Dusty as UFA. That would require one more spot to create from above while 3 rookie A available (Casboult continues as rookie).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow under contract, and according to some people Sexton too.

Right now we have 5 spots available on senior list (if Oea gone too as reported by media but not by club). More spots created if Luko, Rosas, Farrar, C Graham would leave or we decided not to re-sign Lemmens, Holman.

Draft Lombard + upgrade Clohesy and Uwland. Trade in Rioli, Hoble, sign Dusty as UFA. That would be one more spot to create from above while 3 rookie A available (Casboult continues as rookie).
Unfortunately, we resigned Lemmens for one year must have been bargain basement money for us to sign him now v wait

Jack Martin’s wife is a Gold Coast local. They have a child and second on the way. Could be looking for a move back for family reasons. With that in mind he would have to be very cheap to go back to that well.
Depends on what the other two clubs are offering

Looks like we're keeping Mally. Feels like a good outcome.

The Suns are now expected to retain contracted small forward Malcolm Rosas, who had strong rival interest but have made clear to him he must return to the club in elite shape.

He has interest from clubs including Adelaide but the Suns believe his poor pre-season led to some of the hamstring concerns that impacted a season that also had a pair of suspensions.

Great news. Some players clearly needed a reality check after coasting by on talent alone under the previous regime, but it’s good to see it looks like we will work with them to set standards and improve instead of just tossing them away to other clubs.

Look what happened to Mac after he copped a bit of reality. No reason Mally can’t have a massive impact either. Started the season well considering the poor pre-season, and hopefully this will make him think about getting the sh*t out of his game.

In Dimma We Trust
Church Saturday GIF

Watching Port last night i reckon Luko going to them would make sense if he leaves. Their F1 is a fair price.

With Luko out we don't need Richmond to pay any of Rioli's salary, so 12 is enough. Do we offer 12 plus Port's F1? Is that still over's? Keeping the F1 is better with several academy kids to get next year and price going up.

I'd still like us to do a deal to get back into the draft after the Lombard bid and get Joe Berry.

I don’t think Port will trade its F1 this year.

I think young Gill Wakelin is entering his draft year as a highly rated (potentially 1st round) FS prospect. That F1 may be needed.

If Luko does land at Port it will be for a first rounder gain elsewhere. Maybe via a potential Houston trade (I hope not).

I don’t think Port will trade its F1 this year.

I think young Gill Wakelin is entering his draft year as a highly rated (potentially 1st round) FS prospect. That F1 may be needed.

If Luko does land at Port it will be for a first rounder gain elsewhere. Maybe via a potential Houston trade (I hope not).
Is he Shane or Darrel’s kid?

I knew Darrel when he was working in a pharmacy in Moorabbin back in the day

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back