2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Do I have to remind of the numerous one sided against us deals over the previous 14 years.
It's "easier" to get picks for academy players but we have a history of being screwed in trades.
I'm happy with getting them but none are proven yet. Just like all our first year picks
You said in 'recent history', haha. What we got for pick 6 was pretty unbelievable. Credit where credit is due.

It's funny, I just re-watched Suns vs Magpies. I did focus on Noble. He looked OK. Great? No.

Good to have competition down back and release some players for other roles.

I would prefer Powell to get more freedom to attack rather than 1v1 assignment. Wing possibly.

Powell was the guy to do that, bulked up too much.

No-one could of predicted Bodhi breaking out as big as he did this year. Our player development has been pretty impressive the last few years, while he might not be the most sound tactical coach, Hardwick can motivate players better than most. I'm sure someone is going to break out next year in a big way. We got Mac and Bodhi this year, could be Humpher, Jeffery next year. Plenty of talent on the list

No-one could of predicted Bodhi breaking out as big as he did this year. Our player development has been pretty impressive the last few years, while he might not be the most sound tactical coach, Hardwick can motivate players better than most. I'm sure someone is going to break out next year in a big way. We got Mac and Bodhi this year, could be Humpher, Jeffery next year. Plenty of talent on the list

Big Ned Moyle too

No-one could have predicted Bodhi breaking out as big as he did this year. Our player development has been pretty impressive the last few years, while he might not be the most sound tactical coach, Hardwick can motivate players better than most. I'm sure someone is going to break out next year in a big way. We got Mac and Bodhi this year, could be Humpher, Jeffery next year. Plenty of talent on the list
I’m hoping Davies now that he has some certainty will smash the pre season and become that big bodied ball winner we all hoped he would be

I also expect Read to take a serious step forward, he will be an awesome foil for King and then you have Jed with the 3rd best defender, with a combination of Rosas ( for 1 year) Jeffery, Rodgers, Leo or Sexy Flanders running around at the big boys feet

So hard a cat couldn’t scratch it….

I go with Rogers if he has a full pre-season. I would not mind Walter scoring 5+ in some games either :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, he did kick 33 goals this year.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
All I need to know from a small forward is: will they kick more goals than Holman (and I guess Berry, but any forward can do that).

If they meet that criteria and they are available, we should meet with them. Then it just comes down to cost/pick/list management as to whether they suit.

According to the video, Carlton need Owies out because they have too many small forwards, makes me wonder who do we have? Potentially...

Flanders, Long, Dusty, Rosas, Owies, Ainsworth, Lombard, Rogers, Weller, Johnson, Berry.. delist Holman?

Seems alot

According to the video, Carlton need Owies out because they have too many small forwards, makes me wonder who do we have? Potentially...

Flanders, Long, Dusty, Rosas, Owies, Ainsworth, Lombard, Rogers, Weller, Johnson, Berry.. delist Holman?

Seems alot
Flanders the only one there above average wage

Seems alot
Weller isn’t a forward.
Berry plays forward, but can’t kick goals. Holman slightly better than that, but brings pressure.
Johnson may stay forward or go back again. Very unproven. Rogers in a similar boat.
Lombard hasn’t even been drafted.

Of those that are actually on our list, Flanders, Long, Ainsworth and Rosa’s the only ones that look likely to kick 20+ goals.

I’d say one more full-time goalkicker wouldn’t hurt. Dimma must agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back