2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

So sweet listening to whinging Cornes this morning.”Watch out in 2-3 years. Suns will be unbeatable”. I hope he’s right.

Kane has been running with this narrative for a while now. He thinks that there's just too much talent walking through our doors for it to not tick over and we start playing finals/dominating the league soon. In theory, he's probably right but we know there's more to it than that. No doubt Kane will start the 'I told you so' narrative when it does happen.

On the bright side, they did seem to understand what we were doing with our trades this year and lauded our ability to pull it all off. They also think Zeke The Freak could be the number 1 draft pick next year and that will really infuriate the Vics if it comes to fruition.

I guess at the end of the day, we have Rioli now who I do think will have a massive influence on the way we play and on our other halfback learning to play with a bit more creativity, even if just about anyone else would’ve gotten him for much, much less. The cost will be meh if he can come in and straighten us up.

Also, Richmond having 7 draftees coming out of their first contract in the off-season Tasmania builds their list, after what I assume will be 3 years of very very few wins, will certainly be an interesting time.

Jeez I can see why this board bites the head off even the polite Richmond fans, that Josh Hunt stan and his sockpuppet friend was crazy rude for absolutely no reason.

I guess at the end of the day, we have Rioli now who I do think will have a massive influence on the way we play and on our other halfback learning to play with a bit more creativity, even if just about anyone else would’ve gotten him for much, much less. The cost will be meh if he can come in and straighten us up.
When was the last time we landed a current best and fairest winner from another club? Michael Rischitelli in 2010?

Also, Richmond having 7 draftees coming out of their first contract in the off-season Tasmania builds their list, after what I assume will be 3 years of very very few wins, will certainly be an interesting time.
That's a great point. It's like GWS when they targeted the 2009 number 1 pick Tom Scully because they knew he was going to be out of contract at the end of 2011 when they were building their inaugural AFL list. The Dees hadn't progressed much by the end of 2011 and they lost Scully to a massive offer from the Giants. Likewise, if Richmond don't rocket up the ladder in the next 2-3 years then the money on offer for those highly rated/out of contract Richmond players to head to Tassie will be hard to ignore.

Because shit entitled legacy clubs like yours used us like we're using you now
We own you now though
Not that there's much left to own
We've pretty much done you.
Got your coach, your footy manager, your BnF winner maybe even Dusty
I love how we can just toss you a lazy 6 and 23 and you squeal like a hungry dog making off with a chop bone and we have to check our wallet to see if anything's actually missing
You do know he is not a richmond supporter yeah
either cats or port

They will all be extended the moment they walk through the door

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see who they front ended to reach the salary cap. Unless they are planning to pay some delisted free agent guys. Since draft picks are capped at the $$ amount
Didn't Balta sign a long deal recently? He's probably getting 50% of his money next year.

Risky front loading money though, the players might get itchy feet when they are left on $350k for the last few years of their deals.

Stoked we have picked up Noble and Rioli. They will both drastically improve our backline and allow us to transition the ball off half back cleanly. Once we can get our inside 50 entries cleaned up too and hit targets we are going to be scary good.

the only small issue now is having guns like Rioli and Noble slingshotting balls out of the backline allows an outside cherry picker like Lukosius to shine up the field in space- would rather have guys that can win their own ball and take a contested mark though for the money he commands

Would love to see who they front ended to reach the salary cap. Unless they are planning to pay some delisted free agent guys. Since draft picks are capped at the $$ amount
Taranto & Hopper have 5 years left at $750k a year so could pay 50% of their contracts in 2025 leaving $300k a year
Lynch is owed $1.5 mil in 2025 and we will extend him for another year at $600k and pay him $2 mil next year
Broad $500k x 2 years will be paid up 50%
Balta 7 years $1 mil could get 50% in his 1st year leaving $500k a year for the remainder

Thats $9 mil of the $17 mil cap for 2025 but literally opens up a shed load for 2026 and beyond to take salary dumps like Bowes or go after free agents end of next year

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back