2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

They will all be extended the moment they walk through the door
I have to concede THE_GUN i thought you were mad when you said you would get more than 6 for Rioli, hats off to you, you were right and in the words of Megamind I was less right

I have to concede THE_GUN i thought you were mad when you said you would get more than 6 for Rioli, hats off to you, you were right and in the words of Megamind I was less right
Thanks mate
my predictions were
Bolton 10 & 11
Baker 15
Rioli #6 and extra depending on salary amount 75% pick #13 and #23- 25%
Looks like i was wrong with the salary for #23 as GC have taken his entire salary

But i think both our clubs have had great trading periods and hope more in the future
Let us know if you need a salary dump ;)

Taranto & Hopper have 5 years left at $750k a year so could pay 50% of their contracts in 2025 leaving $300k a year
Lynch is owed $1.5 mil in 2025 and we will extend him for another year at $600k and pay him $2 mil next year
Broad $500k x 2 years will be paid up 50%
Balta 7 years $1 mil could get 50% in his 1st year leaving $500k a year for the remainder

Thats $9 mil of the $17 mil cap for 2025 but literally opens up a shed load for 2026 and beyond to take salary dumps like Bowes or go after free agents end of next year
Do that and Taranto will ask to leave next year.

Probably no choice though. Richmond have done well, but nailing the draft has always been the key.

Do that and Taranto will ask to leave next year.

Probably no choice though. Richmond have done well, but nailing the draft has always been the key.
Not really fussed to be honest if any of the senior players leave going foward
Its all about the rebuild now and Richmond supporters are all in for a 4/5 year rebuild going foward

Under contract we will get a decent return

had anyone done the calculations for what bid we can now match for Lombard?
Pick #6 i believe

you have 1300 points that is enough for a bid at pick #7
But Ashcroft will be bid earlier and their picks erased which will improve your picks and points

I think if a bid at pick #5 come you have that covered provided its after the Ashcroft bid

Pick #6 i believe

you have 1300 points that is enough for a bid at pick #7
But Ashcroft will be bid earlier and their picks erased which will improve your picks and points

I think if a bid at pick #5 come you have that covered provided its after the Ashcroft bid
And it's pretty safe to assume that Richmond won't bid on him at pick 6 (if they still have it)

And it's pretty safe to assume that Richmond won't bid on him at pick 6 (if they still have it)
It doesn’t matter as long as we have enough to cover, any dregs are useless to us

had anyone done the calculations for what bid we can now match for Lombard?
Finalised Suns draft position

39, 41, 51, 61, 70, 76

1291 Points

Once Ashcroft is bid on, our picks will likely become:

38, 40, 47, 57, 66, 72

So we will have 1491 Points.

Pick 5 after applying the 20% discount is 1502 points so we’d be just short if the bid came there, however I think with it only being 11 points difference, we could match and it wouldn’t impact our picks next year anyways.

Pick 6 is safe for sure

39, 41, 51, 61, 70, 76

1291 Points

38, 40, 47, 57, 66, 72

Pick 5 is 1502 points so we’d be just short if the bid came there, however I think with it only being 11 points difference, we could match and it wouldn’t impact our picks next year anyways.
Don't forget the 20% discount

(Log in to remove this ad.)

39, 41, 51, 61, 70, 76

1291 Points

38, 40, 47, 57, 66, 72

Pick 5 after applying the 20% discount is 1502 points so we’d be just short if the bid came there, however I think with it only being 11 points difference, we could match and it wouldn’t impact our picks next year anyways.

Pick 6 is safe for sure
Just for fun as well, if Kako for Essendon gets bid on first before Lombard, our picks become:

37, 38, 45, 55, 64, 70 = 1642 Points (could match from Pick 4)

Depending on where the bid for Lombard comes in, we’d get an extra pick in the 50’s or so to use afterwards

A 2 year look at things

In: Walter, Read, Rogers, Graham, Clohesy, Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg, Lombard, 2 Future 1st

Out Chol, Hollands, Sharp, Burgess, Lukosius, Atkins
Pick 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 23, 29

Assign each of the picks to the 5 academy kids

Essentially have turned
Chol, Hollands, Sharp, Burgess, Lukosius, Atkins, 23, 29
Into
Rioli, Noble, Clohesy, Himmelberg, ZUwland, Addinsall

Claps to Cameron and claps to the AFL for this system. Just don’t take it away from us when we start winning

A 2 year look at things

In: Walter, Read, Rogers, Graham, Clohesy, Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg, Lombard, 2 Future 1st

Out Chol, Hollands, Sharp, Burgess, Lukosius, Atkins
Pick 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 23, 29

Assign each of the picks to the 5 academy kids

Essentially have turned
Chol, Hollands, Sharp, Burgess, Lukosius, Atkins, 23, 29
Into
Rioli, Noble, Clohesy, Himmelberg, ZUwland, Addinsall

Claps to Cameron and claps to the AFL for this system. Just don’t take it away from us when we start winning
Hey I am from QLD so hopefully that allows me to post :)

Everything you said above. It seems that the Suns have nailed everything they wanted this trade period (and setup for 2025 trade I think ?)

I don't think many posters realise, that are criticising this club, that a Pick 6 or pick 23 are not as significant to this club right now as it would be to other clubs. They really are comparing apples to oranges !

Hopefully I can make a few more games this year.

Can anyone provide an update on list spots post trade period?
My spreadsheet :)

With now Luko, Atkins out and Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg in and assuming Lombard drafted and Clohesy and Uwland upgraded from rookie list - that's 37 players on senior list, no Cat A rookies, 2 Cat B rookies.

12 players gone (Ace could come back).

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back