2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

We Miss You GIF by Adult Swim

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

"To all intents and purposes, the multi-club ownership group through which 777 Partners held stakes in Standard de Liège, Genoa CFC, Red Star FC, Hertha Berlin, Sevilla, Vasco da Gama and Melbourne Victory has ceased to exist as a going concern..."

https://josimarfootball.com/2024/10/07/777-partners-in-crime/

Seems not ideal

"To all intents and purposes, the multi-club ownership group through which 777 Partners held stakes in Standard de Liège, Genoa CFC, Red Star FC, Hertha Berlin, Sevilla, Vasco da Gama and Melbourne Victory has ceased to exist as a going concern..."

https://josimarfootball.com/2024/10/07/777-partners-in-crime/

Seems not ideal

This is very ideal. They are going to be forced to sell up their shares. There will be plenty of willing buyers at a good price because of the forced share sale.

This will be the end of 777 at our club.

Imagine if this club actually went on a marketing blitz to find new members. We're at 19k without even trying / just renewing existing members mostly.

Ideally we need 25,000 as that way at least 15,000 will turn up every week. Im not sure if we cap members based on AAMI park capacity but we really shouldn't and make GA memberships subject to capacity.

Imagine if this club actually went on a marketing blitz to find new members. We're at 19k without even trying / just renewing existing members mostly.

Ideally we need 25,000 as that way at least 15,000 will turn up every week. Im not sure if we cap members based on AAMI park capacity but we really shouldn't and make GA memberships subject to capacity.

It's such an advantage being the original team in a city with such a strong membership culture. I don't do it now, but I had it on auto-renew for nearly 10 years at one stage. I have a mate who's had his on auto-renew for 20 years, and it's a proper seated membership that he never uses (I've tried to get him to at least downgrade to GA so it doesn't look so shit on tv.) I would strongly suspect that the number of people who do this is in the low thousands, not in the hundreds, and certainly not the dozens.

I'd be really interested to know how many they sold this week, they blasted I suspect everyone who has ever been a member this week with emails and/or texts offering 50% off GA membership.

Weirdly enough, I still didn't buy it. I'm not excited about the Kisnorbo era, I'm not excited about this austerity era of the A-League (it's embarrassing that we're lowering costs rather than increasing them), and to me everything about attending the A-league still has stank on it, I'm too old to be made to feel like a criminal for going to a football game.

If I'm heading to Melbourne Park for a one-off event, I'm probably more likely to go to the basketball or a night of the tennis these days.

It's such an advantage being the original team in a city with such a strong membership culture. I don't do it now, but I had it on auto-renew for nearly 10 years at one stage. I have a mate who's had his on auto-renew for 20 years, and it's a proper seated membership that he never uses (I've tried to get him to at least downgrade to GA so it doesn't look so shit on tv.) I would strongly suspect that the number of people who do this is in the low thousands, not in the hundreds, and certainly not the dozens.

I'd be really interested to know how many they sold this week, they blasted I suspect everyone who has ever been a member this week with emails and/or texts offering 50% off GA membership.

Weirdly enough, I still didn't buy it. I'm not excited about the Kisnorbo era, I'm not excited about this austerity era of the A-League (it's embarrassing that we're lowering costs rather than increasing them), and to me everything about attending the A-league still has stank on it, I'm too old to be made to feel like a criminal for going to a football game.

If I'm heading to Melbourne Park for a one-off event, I'm probably more likely to go to the basketball or a night of the tennis these days.

Personally myself and my kids are committed to being MVFC members for the rest of our lives or until a point where the club ceases to exist (this is never going to happen). I can't imagine not being a member. Some years we downgrade memberships or only 1 out of 3 kids gets a membership to save costs but in general will always be a member.

During covid as both myself and my wife were lucky enough to continue working I even joined the program where you could pay for another member's membership who were struggling.

lets hope he's not Ricodonkey mark 2.0
The new Leandro Love

If he's Fred we probably win the league. This is my preferred profile when it comes to overseas players, much as bigger has-been names probably work better for the Sydney teams in their market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back