Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Q6 in the Warne Stand and Q38-39 in the MCC have been opened up for public reserved seats for Haw/Coll.

Also, all the AFL Members seats in the top deck are gone - there must have been a surge in selling yesterday as it doesn't look like they were opened up to the public.

It's a confusing game - pre sales are consistent with a near 80k crowd but logic says it won't be anywhere near that. I'm still thinking 70k would be a terrific amount.
Must be the ‘swelling’ from Hawthorn’s 4 Tasmanian games

Last edited:
I’ve tried to do some digging, and so far in 2024, these Collingwood matches have been public sell outs.
-R0 v GWS
-R1 v Syd
-R3 v Bris
-R4 v Haw
-R7 v Ess
-R8 v Carl
-R11 v Fre
-R12 v WB
-R13 v Melb
-R14 v NM
-R16 v GC
-R17 v Ess
-R18 v Geel
-R19 v Haw
-R21 v Carl

Which leaves the only matches to not sell out as R2 v StK, R6 v Port, R9 v WCE, R10 v Adel.

Incredible effort.
V Geelong still had 4 bays worth of GA for walkups.
And yeah Hawks game isn't sold out.

Still and impressive list nonetheless.

Just had a look at ticket sales for Bombers / Crows. On sales alone it’s tracking at that 40-41k type speed.

The forecast is for steady rain from about 3-4pm with gusty winds. Basically nasty!. Thus it will have a significant impact on the GA member walkup and reserved seat holders who’ve paid upfront and would be less likely to want to bother getting wet to and from the game.

Could be as low as 32-34k if the weather transpires as it currently stands.
Ticket sales have stopped to a walk, obviously due to the inclement forecast. Crowd will be well down on its previous trajectory..

Still a darn shame thet gabba management have gone for pulling out seating capacity in favour of a deckchair arrangement behind one set of goalposts in order to satisfy a corporate sponser.
Them's the breaks. They'll do whatever makes money, and sometimes that isn't just having the most people inside the ground. I'd also rather there be more seats, but this is the system we've chosen.

Still a darn shame thet gabba management have gone for pulling out seating capacity in favour of a deckchair arrangement behind one set of goalposts in order to satisfy a corporate sponser.
Completely agree. As well depriving a few extra supporters of the chance to attend, that deckchair arrangement looks sh!t. It's a football stadium, not a cruise ship.

Potential for the outage worldwide to impact club member show rate tonight. Members without physical cards might decide to not risk the trials and tribulations of getting into the ground. It’s likely to be chaos outside the ground, in the rain! Easy option for some to stay home I’d guess. Its a real mess it appears.

Potential for the outage worldwide to impact club member show rate tonight. Members without physical cards might decide to not risk the trials and tribulations of getting into the ground. It’s likely to be chaos outside the ground, in the rain! Easy option for some to stay home I’d guess. Its a real mess it appears.

They’re saying to go to Gate 5 if you need a physical ticket printed off. Standing outside in a gigantic line in this abysmal weather? No thanks.

I’m not going, but if I’d been planning on it, I absolutely would’ve decided to stay home instead.

Very unfortunate timing, but these things can’t be helped. Surprised it hasn’t happened more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re saying to go to Gate 5 if you need a physical ticket printed off. Standing outside in a gigantic line in this abysmal weather? No thanks.

I’m not going, but if I’d been planning on it, I absolutely would’ve decided to stay home instead.

Very unfortunate timing, but these things can’t be helped. Surprised it hasn’t happened more often.
Yep. My brother and his two kids decided not to bother with it all and watching on TV now.. Could mean thousands don’t go, the rain making it difficult for some.

Outages would have had a significant impact, its lucky its at marvel
It appears to have had a marked impact. Club reserved seats much more vacant than you’d expect and these were the category impacted mainly.

Moreover, ticket sales slowed significantly mid week as the rain forecast intensified and the walk up reflects this.. Was tracking at about 40-41k pace early week. I said suggested
to expect likely 32-34k and I think that’s as high as it will be.

Crowds in Melbourne have really hit a wall. Very poor tonight. If it rains tomorrow, the crowd at the MCG could be under 70k.
Have they hit a wall or were they just on the come down from massive high from the start of the season? Seems it was going to happen as we journey through winter once weather and team form begins to have an effect (think Richmond, Melbourne and to a lesser extent Collingwood at the G).

I think it is fair enough to say that quite a few people won’t have gone tonight due to the outages (eg: unable to access google wallet, ATM’s to get cash, digital tickets..etc), so Essendon can get a pass for drawing unders tonight.

Blaming the weather though is taking the Mickey. I’ve been around the city and inner suburbs all day (just got home) and there hasn’t been a drop of rain all day (just been windy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back