Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Cold wet weather in Melbourne and the crowds are straight down.

For all the out of touch media personalities spooking about Thursday nights (whateley and maclure) being removed, Imagine how bad a Thursday night game at the G/Marvel would have been attended this week.
Would be fine at indoors at Marvel. Saints crowds are low because hey are terrible to watch and playing badly.

Agree, school holiday scheduling for the Suns abd Giants home games against big Victorian clubs is planned and works well. Why wouldn’t an additional 3-4K Carlton families enjoy a long weekend in Sydney whilst taking in a footy extravaganza?! They’ve done this with Collingwood (Vs Suns) for many occasions, slotting in late June / early July to fill the stands with sun seeking Pies fans..

It’s good for the expansion teams to fill their pockets a bit and support a good promo for the game.

This game, I think we can hope 7-8k Carlton fans rocking up, then hope the weathers ok and that the Giants can see a blockbuster challenge and bring 6-7K of their own to make it about 14-16k as you accurately indicate… In other words, I agree!
14-16k would be a great figure but it would be surprising given our shite form even with the up and about travelling Carlton fans. Weather forecast not looking too flash. We do have a fairly young fanbase and hopefully the kids go free promo should be slightly helpful.

The AFL is run off the back of broadcast rights. The half a million people who watch on Thursday nights on TV are just as, if not more, important to the game as the couple of thousand who don’t attend because they don’t want to go to bed too late.

The AFL should always attempt to cater to fans, but some fans need to realise it’s not 1970 any more.
Are you saying the GF should be moved away from afternoons?

The AFL is run off the back of broadcast rights. The half a million people who watch on Thursday nights on TV are just as, if not more, important to the game as the couple of thousand who don’t attend because they don’t want to go to bed too late.

The AFL should always attempt to cater to fans, but some fans need to realise it’s not 1970 any more.

yes you are right

Prices of hotels are a joke and have been a joke for this weekend since the hotels could tell that it would be that weekend.

I stay at the Hilton when we go watch Melbourne there and its normally $220 a night. Its $750 a night for that weekend and all hotels are like that.
An absolute rort and with cost of living not going to settle, we are in a for a wild ride (within our wallets!) for Gather round!

An absolute rort and with cost of living not going to settle, we are in a for a wild ride (within our wallets!) for Gather round!
Yup, I booked 2 rooms for three nights at the Holiday Inn for $2300 and whilst better than the other hotels, its still insanely expensive.

This is how tickets sales are going for Freo vs Richmond at Perth Stadium for Saturday 6 July.

I’m not sure if the back rows on level 5 (in the pockets) are actually sold and were cheaper seats, or are seats used as part of a program, or just not released for sales. It’s just a bit odd there aren’t single seat tickets available in those areas like there are elsewhere on L1 and L3.

IMG_3623.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back