Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

This is how tickets sales are going for Freo vs Richmond at Perth Stadium for Saturday 6 July.

I’m not sure if the back rows on level 5 (in the pockets) are actually sold and were cheaper seats, or are seats used as part of a program, or just not released for sales. It’s just a bit odd there aren’t single seat tickets available in those areas like there are elsewhere on L1 and L3.

View attachment 2037485

Edit: I had to pain stackingly stitch 25 screenshots together to make that image. It would be nice if the ticketing websites allowed you to see all the seats in the stadium in one image.

This shows the number of seats available for Eagles vs Brisbane at Perth Stadium next week. Using the phone instead of computer means I got away with only 15 screenshots instead of 25, but they are lower quality.

IMG_3693.jpeg

Anything over 84k tonight and it will be the biggest aggregate crowd for two teams in one season.

Anything over 79k will be in the top 5.
Could be touch and go. MCC won’t be full, about 2,000 seats unsold on level 4. Requires the walkup to fill these. I reckon it lands between 83,000-85,000.

Last edited:
1720168819160.png

Only numbers 1, 5 & 8 of the current top 10 involve an ANZAC Day game. (1993 at #2 being too early)

They do make up a lot of the rest, though.

Are the rest predictably Anzac day years?

View attachment 2039319

Only numbers 1, 5 & 8 of the current top 10 involve an ANZAC Day game. (1993 at #2 being too early)

They do make up a lot of the rest, though.

Looking like 81-82k tonight, so it should slot in second (possibly third).

Carlton-Collingwood should take top spot in a few weeks. Only thing that might stop that is the fact it’s a night game. But I wouldn’t bet against it.

AFL needs to move away from reserved seats and look into a new model that uses bays/areas as the guide.

The problem with "sellouts" is twofold. Firstly, those with GA tickets don't show up because they think they can't (if they bought a GA ticket, there is a spot allocated to them). Secondly, members with reserved seats don't show up and they go empty.

I'm not sure RSVP or stand-by is the answer but the status quo isn't working and a sellout shouldn't see less than 90-95% capacity utilised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like a great crowd at Kardinia Park but the Hawks having to play at our home ground means this is the first time a Cats/Hawks game has had less than 48K (excluding the 2020 COVID game with no crowd) for one of our matches since 2007. 31 games in a row drawing over 48K is an incredible run, not sure any combination of the big four have managed that before. And before that the two clubs had never played in front of a crowd of 42K unless it was finals.

Looked like a great crowd at Kardinia Park but the Hawks having to play at our home ground means this is the first time a Cats/Hawks game has had less than 48K (excluding the 2020 COVID game with no crowd) for one of our matches since 2007. 31 games in a row drawing over 48K is an incredible run, not sure any combination of the big four have managed that before. And before that the two clubs had never played in front of a crowd of 42K unless it was finals.

Essendon-Collingwood had a run of 47 in a row (currently 60 of the last 61). But I can’t find any other combination that has had 31 in a row of 48,000+

Hell of a run.

All Geelong home games against Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond should be played at the MCG.

No.

Essendon-Collingwood had a run of 47 in a row (currently 60 of the last 61). But I can’t find any other combination that has had 31 in a row of 48,000+

Hell of a run.
Yeah looks like you're right, I saw that 40K crowd in 2015 and stopped going back further figuring they'd have another 'low' crowd in the 2000s or that they'd have played at Windy Hill or Victoria Park in the late 90s.

Our 2021 crowd of 50K was capped by COVID and I think the 48K in 2022 wasn't limited but it seemed to take some time for some people to start going out again. Obviously Geelong/Hawthorn games rarely top the 85K mark that the big four can do in the right conditions but it's pretty cool that two smaller clubs have built themselves up with flags but also from games against each other to the point you could make an argument that it's a big six now.

42,690 at Perth Stadium for Freo vs Richmond when it is 12 degrees in very windy and somewhat wet conditions. Good job to all the brave souls of both teams supporters that that toughed it out.

Edit: just been told, BOM said that it felt like 3 degrees due to the wind sheer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back