Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god that season is over.

Melbourne crack the 900K again which is good to see despite having underwhelming crowds against just about everyone except Collingwood.

Shows a little bit of how much better a position we are in than 10 years ago even when the season is crap.

Thank god that season is over.

Melbourne crack the 900K again which is good to see despite having underwhelming crowds against just about everyone except Collingwood.

Shows a little bit of how much better a position we are in than 10 years ago even when the season is crap.
I'll admit, I didn't attend as many games as I normally would. Call me a bad supporter, but genuinely couldn't be bothered going to watch us struggle to get over 50pts and our coach saying "that resembles what we want to look like"

That being, it was an okay year for us.
43k against Brisbane on a Thursday night was the best one think. And 33k against West Coast was very good too.

The 2 crowds of 16k,17k against Port and GWS were very poor, but it should be said that they were our first sub 20k crowds since 2016

Crowd doesn't look too bad in Launceston. Even accounting for the early start and what appears to be pretty miserable weather. Though can't really account for the broadcast side.

I'll admit, I didn't attend as many games as I normally would. Call me a bad supporter, but genuinely couldn't be bothered going to watch us struggle to get over 50pts and our coach saying "that resembles what we want to look like"

That being, it was an okay year for us.
43k against Brisbane on a Thursday night was the best one think. And 33k against West Coast was very good too.

The 2 crowds of 16k,17k against Port and GWS were very poor, but it should be said that they were our first sub 20k crowds since 2016
As i said, most crowds in Melbourne were underwhelming. The Brisbane game, west coast game, Collingwood games were good.

The rest were not great and mostly through no fault of the club. Loads of Thursday and Saturday nights and wet nights against Carlton and Essendon did not help. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent crowd and one of the best of the year.

Better weather (surprisingly) and the salute to the champions must have helped :thumbsu:
A recent dynasty big 4 team with over 100k members recently on a beautiful Saturday arvo at the G to say farewell to 3 club greats and 34 k is a great crowd?
There was over 5k more at Optus to watch the one time finalist in the last 8 years freo vs the suns in the rd15 4pm Sunday grave yard classic

Last edited:
A recent dynasty big 4 team with over 100k members recently on a beautiful Saturday arvo at the G to say farewell to 3 club greats and 34 k is a great crowd?
There was over 5k more at Optus to watch the one time finalist in the last 8 years freo vs the suns in the rd15 4pm Sunday grave yard classic
Agree. Poor crowd.

Excellent crowd and one of the best of the year.

Better weather (surprisingly) and the salute to the champions must have helped :thumbsu:

Yeah very good crowd, 35K to see the boys do a lap of honour after the game was pretty special.
Of course if Dusty actually played would've added another 20-30K to the attendance.

Glad its over, our worst season ever but I went to every game with my wife and kids.

Last edited:

Ladder position dictates crowds Freo 5th when you played the Suns. Weird take trying to compare a team 5th on the ladder to a team on the bottom with 2 wins. Farewelling the boys after the game is way different to seeing them play for one last time.

Only 5k needed (or 43k to discount the double header in Gather Round) across the last 3 games to ensure that 2024 has the highest average attendance of all time.

Well one club legend, one solid defender and one 90 game journeyman. Dusty didn't play so the bounce would have been minimal (maybe mid to high 20k’s to 35k)

Membership is irrelevant, Saturday afternoon would have helped a bit but the Tigers are 2-21 and literally finishing off their worst season in history.

The ‘coming off a dynasty’ thing works against a decent crowd too - Richmond fans have been spoiled so the first season or two after a big run is probably the worst time to support. Given all of this, 35,000 is a very, very strong crowd IMO.

Ladder position dictates crowds Freo 5th when you played the Suns. Weird take trying to compare a team 5th on the ladder to a team on the bottom with 2 wins. Farewelling the boys after the game is way different to seeing them play for one last time.
So does Sunday 4pm
I’m only disputing a “great” crowd for a Saturday arvo at the G with the mighty tigers play.
It was solid compared to what other vic teams pull in when playing suns

Mate us scray supporters will be there, we are sickos. The predicted tornado will probably start to form in the middle of the oval and we’ll all be complaining about English in the ruck battle instead.

I think we get spoilt by the roof sometimes. Some showers south near Meredith right now. But I agree, melts in the board thread is definitely a storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back