Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently just over 5000 tix were allocated to Carlton members for the Gabba according to an article in the paper today. About a 1/3 of what we got for the prelim. Demand may have been lower but plenty of Carlton members missed out.

Wouldn't be surprised if the lions were quite unhappy with the split for the prelim, I know the Lions fans were up in arms about it. The Carlton fans were much louder than then Lions.

That's some good growth in Queensland, which matches the significant growth in participants. No wonder there is slithering from the usual parties behind the scenes trying to block a new 60k stadium being built up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has to be the biggest and loudest hawthorn turn out I can remember including the 2013-2015 years. Probably only rivalled by the 70k they got against Sydney at the G back then.

Can imagine the Geelong supporters saying to the dogs fans “ain’t it fun having a home mcg final against an mcg tenant”

Hey Wookie. Thanks for putting this together. Great to see. If you are pulling the average numbers for brisbane home games from afl tables that website includes gather round as a home game (crowd of 9000 at Norwood impacts the average). Pull the Lions home average from the gabba part of the website and you will find the average is 1000 higher for the last two years.

Here's the link: https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/vn_gabba.html

Really enjoy the crowd stat's you put up on this website.

Can imagine the Geelong supporters saying to the dogs fans “ain’t it fun having a home mcg final against an mcg tenant”

Had no issue in 2016 or 2006 as examples

What I would like is that the Hawks stop sending us to tassie or Pies hosting us at Marvel. There’s two extra MCG games we tend to miss out on. Even Carlton really.

With the new teams it's harder to make finals making each one more rare, also the game has been growing in particular the hawks and bulldogs over the last 20 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back