Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Your info on airlines is just not correct.

No, most airlines allow to to select seats within your class.
That doesn't mean they show all available seats.

Are you just talking about seat allocation? That's not the same as what ticketmaster are doing - they're actually withholding seats from being sold. As in you can't buy them at all.

I doubt any airline would stop anyone buying a seat if it's available, even if they charge more for it.

These are the only seats on sale at the moment on Ticketmaster:

1726099237811.png

1726099281505.png

Looks like the back sections of those two stands have not been put on sale yet, but has everything else gone?

These are the only seats on sale at the moment on Ticketmaster:

View attachment 2108251

View attachment 2108252

Looks like the back sections of those two stands have not been put on sale yet, but has everything else gone?
I doubt it. There were heaps of seats available in the stand behind the goals yesterday, there's no way that there aren't even single seats available there now.

Those seats in the Sinclair stand are cheap too, much cheaper than other comparable spots sold earlier.
Way to treat the loyal fans that bought tickets early AFL.

I doubt it. There were heaps of seats available in the stand behind the goals yesterday, there's no way that there aren't even single seats available there now.

Those seats in the Sinclair stand are cheap too, much cheaper than other comparable spots sold earlier.
Way to treat the loyal fans that bought tickets early AFL.

I would genuinely prefer to sit in those seats with a bit of elevation than the massively more expensive ones on the lower level, even if they were the same price.

And yes, it does look like they've gouged as much as they can out of the die hard fans and are now discounting to try and fill it up.

Are you just talking about seat allocation?

Firstly, it was just intended as a throw away line so I apolgise for the continuance.
That's not the same as what ticketmaster are doing - they're actually withholding seats from being sold. As in you can't buy them at all.

I presume Ticketmaster are with holding seats until there is a good likelihood that they will be sold.
They are not with holding them indefinitely.

I doubt any airline would stop anyone buying a seat if it's available, even if they charge more for it.

I have seen seating availability change with time.
This could be due to loading or an attempt to induce people to pay for "better" seats.
Recently we had a confirmed booking but no seat allocation as it was booked by a travel agent.
The airline said that the only way to confirm our seats was to pay extra for the exit row seats.
We nearly missed our flight because of airline bureaucracy but ended up with the exit row seats
that they had obviously been with holding.
I have been on too many flights now where the flight has been cancelled because of low numbers.

The parallels.
Airlines with hold seats to spread load, stadiums with hold seats to concentrate seats.
Airlines replace large planes with smaller planes, stadiums move to a larger/smaller stadium as required.

Really interesting that Hawthorn have played 25 finals since 2007 and only 2 of them have been interstate and both in Perth. We haven't really seen what sort of travelling fan base they have to a more accessible interstate ground. Imagine the A8 is going to be littered with brown and gold.

Reputable NSW based footy journo says the GWS crowd is tracking to 20k. Which probably implies that a little bit under that have been sold thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody good crowd in SA. It probably will end up as the lowest total for finals due to only 3 MCG games but crowds in general have been amazing this year

Cumberland stand has been steadily selling and moving up towards the back rows potential sell-out coming?
I don’t think they’ve put the back three rows of the top level of the southern stands yet, however that’s only a few hundred seats left at most.

There was an all Sydney nrl final last night that got 21,483 people. That game was a sell out, however it didn’t sell out until the day before the match so it wasn’t that keenly sought after. If gws get a crowd of there about against Brisbane it would be a great result.

Cumberland stand has been steadily selling and moving up towards the back rows potential sell-out coming?
It'll fall short of selling out unless there's a lot of walk ups. You'd think most people who are planning to go to the game in 3 hours would've bought their ticket by now.
I still think it was a mistake opening up the Cumberland Stand last as it's the most prominent one on TV, but it's great that every stand around the ground will be decently populated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back