Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a huge if, especially if Battle generates the expected band 1 compo. 7 could become 8 and Draper, Smith, Lalor, Trainor, Smillie, Langford and FOS most likely to take the first 7 (not in that order and ignoring players attached to bids).

More likely to see Reid, Tobie, Lindsay, Hotton or one of the tall forwards available there. Could easily be the pick of the draft there, but more likely the pick will be just outside of that upper echelon.

A chance for Adelaide's second rounder that we have? Or would he be too speculative will better options available that early?
Yep. He will probably be there around Adelaide’s second. He’s a gun

Zak Johnson
185.2cm 78.5kg
Vertical (both feet): 60cm
Vertical L: 74cm
Vertical R: 63cm
5m: 1.069
10m: 1.764
20m: 2.986
Agility: 8.681
Yo-yo: 680
And only misses out on being 2025 by days. Plenty of upside in that regard.

Anyone have the details.

1. Jagga Smith

2. Levi Ashcroft

3. Finn O'Sullivan

4. Josh Smillie

5. Sid Draper

6. Sam Lalor

7. Luke Trainor

8. Murphy Reid

9. Harry Armstrong

10. Harvey Langford

11. Leo Lombard

12. Bo Allan

13. Isaac Kako

14. Tobie Travaglia

15 Taj Hotton

16. Matt Whitlock

17. Xavier Lindsay

18. Christian Moraes

19. Joe Berry

20. Jack Whitlock

21. Jobe Shanahan

22. Alex Dodson

23. Sam Marshall

24. Cooper Hynes

25. Tom Gross

26. Jonty Faull

27. Logan Smith

28. Harrison Oliver

29. Noah Mraz

30. Alixzander Tauru

31. Jesse Dattoli

32. Tom Sims

33. Harry O'Farrell

34. Ben Camporeale

35. Angus Clarke

36. Adrian Cole

37. Archer Day-Wicks

38. Charlie Nicholls

39. Xavier Ivisic

40. Lachie Jaques

41. Josh Dolan

42. Jasper Alger

43. Joel Cochran

44. Clancy Dennis

45. Lucas Camporeale

46. James Barrat

47. Ollie Warburton

48. Jaxon Artemis

49. Malakai Champion

50. Tyler Welsh

Last edited by a moderator:
31. Jesse Dattoli

31. Jesse Dattoli

32. Tom Sims

32. Tom Sims

33. Harry O'Farrell'Farrell

33. Harry O'Farrell

34. Ben Camporeale

34. Ben Camporeale

35. Angus Clarke

35. Angus Clarke

36. Adrian Cole

36. Adrian Cole

37. Archer Day-Wicks

37. Archer Day-Wicks

38. Charlie Nicholls

38. Charlie Nicholls

39. Xavier Ivisic

39. Xavier Ivisic

40. Lachie Jaques

40. Lachie Jaques

41. Josh Dolan

41. Josh Dolan

42. Jasper Alger

42. Jasper Alger

43. Joel Cochran

43. Joel Cochran

44. Clancy Dennis

44. Clancy Dennis

45. Lucas Camporeale

45. Lucas Camporeale

46. James Barrat

46. James Barrat

47. Ollie Warburton

47. Ollie Warburton

48. Jaxon Artemis

48. Jaxon Artemis

49. Malakai Champion

49. Malakai Champion

50. Tyler Welsh

50. Tyler Welsh
In my opinion, that is by far, the most realistic media list I have seen this year.

Jobe Shanahan with 5 goals this afternoon for Essendon VFL.
That makes 11 goals in three weeks.
Wouldn't surprise if he starts pushing for the top 12-15 with these last three performances

Tobie Travaglia had 21 disposals and 9 intercept possessions for Carlton earlier today and was as poised as always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe Shanahan with 5 goals this afternoon for Essendon VFL.
That makes 11 goals in three weeks.
Wouldn't surprise if he starts pushing for the top 12-15 with these last three performances

Tobie Travaglia had 21 disposals and 9 intercept possessions for Carlton earlier today and was as poised as always.
I’ve got Shanahan 12th or 13th since last game of champs against country , nothing he’s done since has reduced that ! He might be pushing top 10

Just curious if anyone was watching the Richmond vs Carlton VFL game today and if so what were your thoughts on Harvey Langford and Travaglia's game?
Saw bits and pieces , Travaglia was one of better players on ground

Langford had some nice moments but also looked to lack movement at stoppages and struggle a bit with lack of speed / agility, there’d have to be question marks for clubs with top 5 picks

He is going to be a very big boy after a weights program and losing puppy fat however

I see his main upside in getting chiseled and afl fit , he’s nowhere near that but been dominating junior footy all year

Saw bits and pieces , Travaglia was one of better players on ground

Langford had some nice moments but also looked to lack movement at stoppages and struggle a bit with lack of speed / agility, there’d have to be question marks for clubs with top 5 picks

He is going to be a very big boy after a weights program and losing puppy fat however

I see his main upside in getting chiseled and afl fit , he’s nowhere near that but been dominating junior footy all year
When I saw Langford's combine results I was slightly concerned about his speed /agility at the next level so im not surprised it was noticeable today. He is very good at other areas so hope his draft stock isn't hurt to much.

Im not surprised by Travaglia playing so well today he is very consistent.

When I saw Langford's combine results I was slightly concerned about his speed /agility at the next level so im not surprised it was noticeable today. He is very good at other areas so hope his draft stock isn't hurt to much.

Im not surprised by Travaglia playing so well today he is very consistent.
I reckon the clubs are going to rate Travaglia higher than the media so far

He has literally everything you need to make it in the AFL - competitiveness , composure , kick , footy IQ , endurance . Enough speed / agility

Starts at half back round 1 next year and eventually ends up a very balanced midfielder that breaks games open ( within 3-4 years )

I reckon the clubs are going to rate Travaglia higher than the media so far

He has literally everything you need to make it in the AFL - competitiveness , composure , kick , footy IQ , endurance . Enough speed / agility

Starts at half back round 1 next year and eventually ends up a very balanced midfielder that breaks games open ( within 3-4 years )
Interesting. I would have said composure and kicking skills are his main weakness. Not that they're awful mind you... he can just be a bit frantic at times, and he's slightly unco when he's rushed.

Interesting. I would have said composure and kicking skills are his main weakness. Not that they're awful mind you... he can just be a bit frantic at times, and he's slightly unco when he's rushed.
No I don’t see this at all

He’s got very similar traits to Will Day at same age IMO

So here I was all keen to watch a stream of the Rebels Chargers game on my newly downloaded CTL app but apparently I was mistaken thinking that would be a thing. And stats etc for that game don't even seem to be up on there.

What's the deal? When might I be able to expect a replay?

So here I was all keen to watch a stream of the Rebels Chargers game on my newly downloaded CTL app but apparently I was mistaken thinking that would be a thing. And stats etc for that game don't even seem to be up on there.

What's the deal? When might I be able to expect a replay?
Yeah I couldn't get stream of that one. Stats should be tonight and replay tomorrow. Maybe stats delayed till tomorrow. Always slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back