Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For interest sake, I went back and had a look, apart from the 3 Hawthorn legends Buddy, Roughy and Lewis and Lids and Griff, there is barely another bloke inside 30 that I have heard of. The next decent pick (sorry van berlo) is Lecras at 37 Cloke at 39 and Josh Gibson as a rookie. Great recruiting by the Hawks, I still can’t work out how they did it that year!
3 picks in the first 7, including a priority pick 3 years after a narrow prelim final loss didn't hurt

Nothing outrageous really, some of those state invitees would be National combine inclusions any other year but unfortunately some have to miss out.

WA going from (sensationalised headline I know) "might not have any drafted" to 10 national combine invites is quite entertaining, credit to how their state 18s was run this year

Nothing outrageous really, some of those state invitees would be National combine inclusions any other year but unfortunately some have to miss out.

WA going from (sensationalised headline I know) "might not have any drafted" to 10 national combine invites is quite entertaining, credit to how their state 18s was run this year
Worst WA team ever they said at the start of the year, I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought that claim was hyperbole
I have to admit that I wasn't confident that WA could finish anywhere but last in the 18's and I said so here. The last thing interstate scribes want to hear is nothing but proWA hype. I'm sure they would prefer honesty. It isn't our best squad of all time but credit to coach Marc Webb and the players for really giving effort throughout. With 5 players already taken in the mid-season WA might get a draft crop somewhere near usual and we have 2025 to come which I can't wait for.

Last edited:
Anyone know how Hotton is invited but is recovering from an ACL? Bloke won't be able to do the physical tests, maybe he's just going for body screening?

Anyone know how Hotton is invited but is recovering from an ACL? Bloke won't be able to do the physical tests, maybe he's just going for body screening?

Interviews and character tests I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back