Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So the most in the know person has him at 8 and I say he can go 3 places higher and I’m wrong? Haha it’s ok to admit I know more than you guys.
Don't know who you mean as for most in the know person, Davo-27? Look, I think Tobie is a really good player , the sought of person that can hold down a half-back / wing role at AFL level and possibly play 250 games for his club, in saying that when you talk top 5 in the draft, this years, since that is what we are talking about, the fine line in distinguishing talent at the top order can be simple as little things in a persons game, their mental state, medical's and so on but that's not to say a recruiter won't pull the trigger on him early but in my opinion in this draft I think Tobie could go anywhere between 10 and 18, at this stage of the year all the recruiters no matter how some of the players play well, already know what they can do, of course there are exceptions, but Tobie is not one of them.

The Talent Scout Mate where does Kayle Gerreyn getpicked now after yet another dominant colts display. Is he still stuck in that 30-40 range or has he moved into the top 20? I don't see what more he can do apart from dominating finals where there will be more of a national audience.

Can anyone reveal The Age rankings?
1. Jagga Smith
2. Levi Ashcroft
3. Finn O'Sullivan
4. Josh Smillie
5. Sam Lalor
6. Sid Draper
7. Luke Trainor
8. Harry Armstrong
9. Bo Allan
10. Xavier Lindsay
11. Harvey Langford
12. Isaac Kako
13. Tobie Travaglia
14. Leo Lombard
15. Taj Hotton
16. Joe Berry
17. Murphy Reid
18. Christian Moraes
19. Alixzander Tauru
20. Alex Dodson
21. Jobe Shanahan
22. Jack Whitlock
23. Jesse Dattoli
24. Tom Gross
25. Harrison Oliver
26. Jonty Faull
27. Thomas Sims
28. Sam Marshall
29. Matt Whitlock
30. Noah Mraz

1. Jagga Smith
2. Levi Ashcroft
3. Finn O'Sullivan
4. Josh Smillie
5. Sam Lalor
6. Sid Draper
7. Luke Trainor
8. Harry Armstrong
9. Bo Allan
10. Xavier Lindsay
11. Harvey Langford
12. Isaac Kako
13. Tobie Travaglia
14. Leo Lombard
15. Taj Hotton
16. Joe Berry
17. Murphy Reid
18. Christian Moraes
19. Alixzander Tauru
20. Alex Dodson
21. Jobe Shanahan
22. Jack Whitlock
23. Jesse Dattoli
24. Tom Gross
25. Harrison Oliver
26. Jonty Faull
27. Thomas Sims
28. Sam Marshall
29. Matt Whitlock
30. Noah Mraz
Legend cheers.

The Talent Scout Mate where does Kayle Gerreyn getpicked now after yet another dominant colts display. Is he still stuck in that 30-40 range or has he moved into the top 20? I don't see what more he can do apart from dominating finals where there will be more of a national audience.
Hey futbolista, you know there are several players in this deep draft that literally could go anywhere, no one knows who Richmond are going to take, the same with us, though I have my own feelings on that, you couple that with a few good players in this draft that have so much upside and it could well be a lottery to where they get picked. What you say is dead right though so I think around that late first round early second round pick but because of his potential for a big man I would be very surprised if a recruiter didn't pull the trigger on Kayle a little bit earlier than expected.

So between picks 15 and 26, you have to account for father/sons and academy picks but that doesn't affect it because your not missing out on anything. I have already done my early 2024 draft write up on our board and will do my final one four days from the actual event, which will be on a Thursday. One last thing in relation to what you said earlier, if he was to dominate finals which I expected him to do in the champs, and plays like the "King", hold on to your luggage, because as for zooming up the boards, it will be an understatement. ;)

The more I watch of Tobie Travaglia the more I like. I'm shocked he isn't in anyone's top 10. Whats the knock on him that's stopping him going top 10 ATM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toy Story 4 Couple GIF by Walt Disney Studios

The more I watch of Tobie Travaglia the more I like. I'm shocked he isn't in anyone's top 10. Whats the knock on him that's stopping him going top 10 ATM
I wouldn't call it a "knock", but the only thing with me is sometimes his kicking is not the greatest, he "airs" it to much for my liking, meaning he gives the opposition time to intercept or punch the ball away. Sometimes he can be pretty good with his kicks, short passes, but if he can tidy that up then I see him along the lines of Max Michalanney and Josh Weddle and I rate those players very highly and they went picks 17 and 18 in the 2022 AFL national draft.

At the end of the day apart from the odd player who wants to go number 1 in the draft, players don't really care where they get picked as long as they get drafted. Also, plays a bit like Hayden Young from Fremantle.

I wouldn't call it a "knock", but the only thing with me is sometimes his kicking is not the greatest, he "airs" it to much for my liking, meaning he gives the opposition time to intercept or punch the ball away. Sometimes he can be pretty good with his kicks, short passes, but if he can tidy that up then I see him along the lines of Max Michalanney and Josh Weddle and I rate those players very highly and they went picks 17 and 18 in the 2022 AFL national draft.

At the end of the day apart from the odd player who wants to go number 1 in the draft, players don't really care where they get picked as long as they get drafted. Also, plays a bit like Hayden Young from Fremantle.
Really hoping if the eagles get another pick or 2 they take him. We need class all over the ground, him and ginbey would be an awesome pair of medium defenders

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oakleigh finally get a chance to get players back and then…
Won't somebody think of the traditionally under represented and under appreciated Chargers 😥

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back