Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh absolutely. But I’d like some respect for the guy. Has 20 and kicks 3 in 7 minutes in a vfl game. And week by week he’s dropping

He’ll be in 30s according to some of this media by November
I wouldn't take much out of it. Just shows the depth of this draft. So many good players.

Oh absolutely. But I’d like some respect for the guy. Has 20 and kicks 3 in 7 minutes in a vfl game. And week by week he’s dropping

He’ll be in 30s according to some of this media by November
He won't last to pick 14, he'll be bid on before then surely?

Only thing recruiters could possibly question would be how much upside given he's already physically and games wise very well developed?

Lalor Berry and Langford would be great picks for Freo but I think they trade all those picks to Richmond
With comments like that, I assumed you were a Richmond supporter. :)

They all look good, but we really need at least one small forward. It is almost Berry or bust for us.

Happy to draft them with our other picks, but you are right we could have none

With comments like that, I assumed you were a Richmond supporter. :)

They all look good, but we really need at least one small forward. It is almost Berry or bust for us.

Happy to draft them with our other picks, but you are right we could have none
haha definitely not. I hate Richmond and have a soft spot for Freo but I'm a Port supporter that lives in Perth.
I want Freo to go to the draft with all those picks.
But I think you trade them for Bolton and Baker. Hopefully keep at least 1 of your FR's

Last edited:

That’s only because the Fremantle board refuses to acknowledge any small forwards outside of Berry and Kako.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't last to pick 14, he'll be bid on before then surely?

Only thing recruiters could possibly question would be how much upside given he's already physically and games wise very well developed?
Recruiters could also be discovering what sort of bloke he is and questioning that. Heard him threaten players that he’ll meet hem in the car park during nationals.

Just curious if Ashcroft was in the open draft who here would want him as their first pick?
Still got Draper, O’Sullivan (assuming he shows something like prior form at the back end of the year) and possibly Jagga ahead for my list. You’re getting a dead set gift wherever he does go though.

Recruiters could also be discovering what sort of bloke he is and questioning that. Heard him threaten players that he’ll meet hem in the car park during nationals.
Are we talking fellow short guys or some KPPs?

Oakleigh Charger Finn O'Sullivan will join teammate Jagga Smith this Sunday playing for Richmond's VFL side. It will be O'Sullivan's first VFL game as the Tigers get a close look at two of the contenders in the wide open race for the No.1 pick.

Father-son prospect Levi Ashcroft will be in Brisbane this week for the Lions' training as well as to play for the club's VFL side against the Giants on Sunday.

Top-10 contender Tobie Travaglia, who enjoyed an excellent carnival for Vic Country, will play VFL for Carlton this weekend, while St Kilda's Next Generation Academy pair Adrian Cole and Lennox Hofmann will line up for Sandringham's VFL side.

Bendigo forward Jobe Shanahan kicked four goals in his first VFL game last week and will feature again for the Bombers' VFL side, while Essendon Next Generation Academy prospect Jayden Nguyen will play for the VFL side next weekend.

Murray Bushrangers midfielder Ollie Warburton will also play at VFL level with Collingwood this weekend.

VFL EXPOSURE FOR DRAFTEES​

A STACK of Victorian draft prospects will get their chance to taste VFL action this weekend as the Coates Talent League has a bye and school seasons are completed.

Oakleigh Charger Finn O'Sullivan will join teammate Jagga Smith this Sunday playing for Richmond's VFL side. It will be O'Sullivan's first VFL game as the Tigers get a close look at two of the contenders in the wide open race for the No.1 pick.

Father-son prospect Levi Ashcroft will be in Brisbane this week for the Lions' training as well as to play for the club's VFL side against the Giants on Sunday.

Top-10 contender Tobie Travaglia, who enjoyed an excellent carnival for Vic Country, will play VFL for Carlton this weekend, while St Kilda's Next Generation Academy pair Adrian Cole and Lennox Hofmann will line up for Sandringham's VFL side.

Bendigo forward Jobe Shanahan kicked four goals in his first VFL game last week and will feature again for the Bombers' VFL side, while Essendon Next Generation Academy prospect Jayden Nguyen will play for the VFL side next weekend.

Murray Bushrangers midfielder Ollie Warburton will also play at VFL level with Collingwood this weekend.

The games give recruiters another angle to assess as they look at the prospects facing off against senior opposition and often with and against AFL-listed players, particularly given the rare window Victorian talents have to take on the higher level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back