Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Moir wasn't injured in his draft year, i never thought he was a 1st round pick, that came from RMC then the rest of the media pushed it and forced everyones hand to justify why you dont have him at pick 2 which is annoying, he played all of the champs, most if not all of the sanfl u18s, he was just slow and mostly uncompetitive, but he does have a good skillset if you can get it to him, similar to a Jack Martin, both of whom are limited imo, I think FOS will drop down a few spots, I think he has been disappointing and I'm thinking Sid Draper could be pick 1 for Richmond? When I make my updated list he is likely going to be my new pick 1.
I'm no grand advocate of Moir as I was a big fan of some others at our first selection last year, definitely have had my doubts on his aggression/commitment too, but he was widely reported to have been battling Hip Bursitis much of his 18s year. I don't really know whats happened with his rehab from that but last few months but he seems to have recaptured the explosiveness he was touted as having going into 2023 and looked really really good in the VFL and his brief stints at AFL level in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't follow the draftees from as far out as others on here so I didn't see more than a few highlights before his 18s campaign, but much like Moir I sit and wonder what actually distinguishes FOS from the rest of the pack? Saw his high end agility in action a couple of times in one of his VFL games but on what I've seen this year I'd struggle to have him ahead of Draper, Smillie, Smith, Langford or Lalor. He's shown a few glimpses over a full season of footy and most of his injuries really shouldn't have impacted his movement and explosiveness.

I know he's sacrosanct around here so don't really want to get into a big back and forth over him, just my opinion on him though.

This is happening. Lock it in.
Homer Simpson Dreaming GIF

Richmond can have him.
What are west coast getting in this scenario?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I could see a mutual back-scratch where you pay Graham enough to trigger Band 3 (pick 23 after Battle comp). We trade Baker, 10 (Bolton trade) and 29 (becomes 31) for 3 and maybe a later pick back our way (maybe not, probably doesn't matter much to either club).

Then you'd have 10, 13 (Barrass), 25, 31. If it needs more maybe we give you 23 instead of 31.

Baker has said he wants Richmond to be fairly compensated so the only other options are you give us pick 13 or your 25 and next year's second. It all depends on whether Matt Clarke sees value in getting an extra pick in that deep section of the draft. He might like four top-25 picks.

I could see a mutual back-scratch where you pay Graham enough to trigger Band 3 (pick 23 after Battle comp). We trade Baker, 10 (Bolton trade) and 29 (becomes 31) for 3 and maybe a later pick back our way (maybe not, probably doesn't matter much to either club).

Then you'd have 10, 13 (Barrass), 25, 31. If it needs more maybe we give you 23 instead of 31.

Baker has said he wants Richmond to be fairly compensated so the only other options are you give us pick 13 or your 25 and next year's second. It all depends on whether Matt Clarke sees value in getting an extra pick in that deep section of the draft.
****ing delusional.

Baker has said he wants Richmond to be fairly compensated so the only other options are you give us pick 13 or your 25 and next year's second. It all depends on whether Matt Clarke sees value in getting an extra pick in that deep section of the draft. He might like four top-25 picks.
I just can't see the eagles opting out of the race for one of the top 4 or 5 midfielders in the draft this year. Its clearly our biggest area of need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't see the eagles opting out of the race for one of the top 4 or 5 midfielders in the draft this year. Its clearly our biggest area of need

Yeah, that's the choice Clarke will have to make. I was responding to a question about what Richmond would give to get pick 3.

Revealed: Eagles put pick three on table in Baker chase​

Richmond could hold two of the top-three picks in this year’s draft, with West Coast putting its top selection on the table in the race for Liam Baker. JON RALPH wraps up the latest trade talk.

Jagga - FOS - Lalor
would be a dream
You’d think that a better mix might be holding 6 if you get it or 9 if you hold it and take a tall. Can’t really predict next year of course, but if there’s predominantly mid options (hi Sharp), then a split might be better. Of course, you could end up with 80 picks in the teens and 20s where there will be good options.

You’d think that a better mix might be holding 6 if you get it or 9 if you hold it and take a tall. Can’t really predict next year of course, but if there’s predominantly mid options (hi Sharp), then a split might be better. Of course, you could end up with 80 picks in the teens and 20s where there will be good options.
I think our options would be to take a tall later with the picks 21 & 22 perhaps
4 mids 1-2 talls 1-2 small fowards would be my wish
but yes regarding #6 hope Lalor is there for us at #6

Revealed: Eagles put pick three on table in Baker chase​

Richmond could hold two of the top-three picks in this year’s draft, with West Coast putting its top selection on the table in the race for Liam Baker. JON RALPH wraps up the latest trade talk.
Ralph posted not long after that saying he thinks that west coast may use pick 3 to gain more picks.
No intel at all

Where there is smoke !!

Didnt Pyke also mention something similar , That indicates that is being discussed at that level
OH PLEASE
STOP WITH THE CRAP
Gavin Bell has stated we are not trading pick 3 for Baker
Said we would consider moving back for two top 20 picks but only consider

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back