19 GWS Hotton (Perryman compo)
20 Dogs Hannaford (Smith cats)
21 Richmond Oliver (Bolton freo)
22 Lions (bid) Marshall
23 Swans j.whitlock
24 Richmond M.whitlock (lions trade)
25 Swans Hynes
26 Tigers Gross (Rioli sun's trade

Quick mock draft assuming all the trades go though.
No Reid in the top 26, I like it.

Not a bad effort. From what I’ve read freo have offered 10 & 18 for Bolton so we would be ahead of there pick. Think we take Tauru over Armstrong and Hynes over Oliver ( probably swap those 2). Having the choice out of Travaglia, Berry & Lindsay would make me sweat.
Looks like you’re getting 14 for Baker so would get 2 of Travaglia, Berry or Lindsay, with freo taking one of those three and WC taking Allan at 12.

If we land Pick 3 from the Eagles, and the Tiges take Lalor at 1, I hope to God they live trade for pick 2 from North (handing them 2 later first rounders in exchange) and then take FOS.

That leaves Draper or Smith (Draper is the one I want because he's the most ready for a R1 start out of the two players, and has runs on the board vs Men, and is the exact kind of explosive outside player we need).

If we trade up and take FOS (who is trending in the wrong direction, and wont be ready for a few years if at all) I'll be livid.

A lot of generic stuff described about him that most players have described about them. Haven’t found one player comparison.

Why won’t he get to Melbourne?
Lalor, Draper, Smilie, Jagga, Langford, Murphy all look really good.
What makes FOS top 4 of this bunch that will make him gone by pick 5?

I'm with you. I don't see it with FOS. Low possession mid, going backwards (albeit with some minor injury concerns this year).

Yeah he tested well at the combine, but that means next to zero. Cripps blew the Combine out his backside and went on to win 2 Brownlows and an AFL MVP (along with a bucketload of BnFs and AAs) because he had a point of difference (his clearance work is elite).

I see it with Draper, and Lalor (burst speed, evasiveness and hurt factor). Smith and Ashcroft as well (high possession counts, and well balanced). Draper and Smith (very different mids) both have runs on the board vs men and are trending in the right direction. Draper in particular could very easily play round 1.

So many have FOS top 3 and I scratch my head. I've watched all his tapes and I don't see it.

For mine its Draper at 1, Lalor at 2 (and I flip flop on those two a bit) then Ashcroft and Smith (as your sure thing, with Smith needing more time to add some bulk and Ashcroft being more ready) at 3 and 4 respectively.

Id only take FOS if I had multiple picks in the top 20 (i.e. Richmond) and I already had a sure thing like a Draper I could take to the bank. I'd then be prepared to take a gamble on FOS and see if his upside pays off.

Glad it's not just me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back