Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this Richmond fans consensus? Or more broadly?
Fans consensus, don't take much notice of the media nuffies but Cal (who's the best of them) has us taking Lalor as well.

A lot of the draft watchers have us taking Jagga but I don't think that they understand the Tigers drafting strategy, our recruiters like those players with a high impact per possession ratio, so I wouldn't be surprised if our board shows...

Lalor
FOS
Langford
Draper
Smith
Smillie

I’m no expert but he looks like the best of the lot by a margin. Looks the most well rounded. Skills, pace, agility, marking, vision, inside-outside game, everything. Moves like a more athletic and agile version of LDU.
I have 2 knocks on FOS - his kicking runs very hot and cold and his inside game, due to injury he hasn’t been able to stamp himself as a genuine ball winner.

I think he’s more of a Butters type than a LDU, and if we’re lowering the bar maybe even more Zac Bailey with better marking?

If I had a good assessment on Langford’s speed and Lalor’s speed/endurance I’d have those both over FOS because they win the ball in tight and kick the ball better.

But it could just be injuries and lack of opportunity to play full midfield games impacting FOS. They are the clear top 3 of the open draft pool.

I have 2 knocks on FOS - his kicking runs very hot and cold and his inside game, due to injury he hasn’t been able to stamp himself as a genuine ball winner.

I think he’s more of a Butters type than a LDU, and if we’re lowering the bar maybe even more Zac Bailey with better marking?

If I had a good assessment on Langford’s speed and Lalor’s speed/endurance I’d have those both over FOS because they win the ball in tight and kick the ball better.

But it could just be injuries and lack of opportunity to play full midfield games impacting FOS. They are the clear top 3 of the open draft pool.
My top 3 too.

To the eye Butters plays with a lower centre of gravity than FOS who has a bit more bounce and athleticism. Both agile with their lateral movement though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back