No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the tribunal won't take it into account, but it was no fluke that Rankine was on the end of the bump. He'd clearly been identified as the player most likely to win the game for Adelaide. We're a team with three or so stars that lift the rest. I shudder at the thought of an opponent lining up Heeney* sometime during a cut-throat final, knowing that without him we're not as potent. He already gets a bit of physical attention from opponents, and has done throughout his career, despite never before putting together a season as awesome as this one. Oppositions know that, even when not in a purple patch, he can turn a game in a couple of possessions.

*One could make a similar observation re Daicos, except that he won't be playing in a cut-throat final any time soon.

Interesting you say that Liz because I was listening to Jordan Lewis on the radio this week and he said that Rankine would have been identified and targeted. The way he spoke it was obviously something he had done in the past. (Not surprised as my brother and I nicknamed him The Sniper). It was something Hawthorn did to us in 2014.

Interesting you say that Liz because I was listening to Jordan Lewis on the radio this week and he said that Rankine would have been identified and targeted. The way he spoke it was obviously something he had done in the past. (Not surprised as my brother and I nicknamed him The Sniper). It was something Hawthorn did to us in 2014.
Yeah, they clearly tried to rattle Jetta and Hanners in particular - the two players who, in their own different ways, gave us most of our outside run.

They don't want him missing the first 2 rounds next year, assuming he stays there.

Sould give him another 2 weeks for wasting everyone's time

So if one of our players suffers concussion Saturday night, will they be cleared to play the Thursday night for QF1. It’s 12 days but just ?
Happened to Papley in 2022 didn't it that we were lucky that we played on the Friday and not the Thursday to open Finals. (Found the article with it below)

Swans sweat on schedule after Papley blow
Sydney came out of the game with the win and the all-important double, but it did come at a potential cost with Tom Papley subbed out in the first-half with concussion. Papley’s evening came to a premature end after his head hit the turf following a collision with team-mate Lance Franklin, which as a result of a potential fixture quirk, could see him miss the first final despite the pre-finals bye. If the Swans are in action on Thursday night the Swans star will miss as the game will fall 11 days after the initial contact, meaning he won’t clear concussion protocols in time. However, if the game is any later, Papley will be available for action.

Context addition: Swans rd 23 game was on Sunday so he was able to play on the FW1 Friday game. Given we have a Saturday game unless they introduce Wednesday finals any concussion will satisfy minimum protocols

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back